Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

C 300 luxury sedan
By Joe

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Materials are top notch inside and out. I see no difference between the C and the E unless you want more interior room in rear. I carry four adults with no problem however. Mine happened to be full leather, but MB Tex is excellent. Do not get the tan interior. Off color in daylight. Cheap looking. Bad design. Black over grey is best overall. Great in any light. P2 package is worth the money. You have all the luxury ammenities this way. Multimedia is worth the cost for the GPS, Logic 7 surround sound, satellite radio, etc. All great. Very adequate power for size and weight. Follow recommended tire pressures. Gas mileage is exactly what the sticker states. Can beat 25 with cruise.

Material quality, fit & finish, power, ride, lighting design (inside & out), bluetooth, GPS, radio (all segments), surround sound, 18" amg wheels with high performance tires (ride & handling is unbelieveable)

None except gas mileage (so guess we all dream of that, but if you want a higher end car...) just don't get the tan interior.

Good News / Bad News
By Michael Larkin

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven a Mercedes C class for the last 8 years and the cars are the best I have ever owned. This year I got the C300 sport because of how great it looked. Everything about the car is tremendous except the seats. They are possibly the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in - almost to the point that I can not drive the car. I am trying to resolve with the dealership and hope they will come through. Would hate to lose them as my number one brand.

Exterior look spectacular. Interior design stunning. Handles like a Mercedes.

Not as quiet as my old C320 - not as air tight. Speaker system weak - muddy. But most of all the seats have no cushioning and cause pain.

Love this Car
By Rod

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Have had our Benz for over 6 months now and still feel like we made a great choice. The power is more than what we need. The car feels strong on the road and is very quiet! It holds the road very well. The 4matic transmission allows us on steep inclines on ice and snow covered Denver streets to go right around cars spinning their wheels. The sound system is great and to sit back and watch a movie, in 5.1 sound, while waiting for our daughter's soccer practice to end is like a home away from home.

Quiet ride. Easy maneuvering and tight steering. Holds the road and is a nice heavy vehicle.

Different material for the dash. Memory position for the seat adjustments and mirrors.

It is OK
By DC mercedes owner

After having driven Volvos for 30 years, I decided I needed a change so purchased a Mercedes C300 Luxury 4matic after test driving a number of cars. The car is easy to drive and very easy to park. It holds the road well. The seats could be a little softer. The visibility during the day is excellent. I purchased the Premium 1 package. The rain sensing wipers as part of the package only work well when it is raining hard- a time when the regular wipers would provide the same performance. The auto-dimming rear view mirror blacks out almost completely when there is a car behind you- I find this extremely dangerous since one is not able to change lanes safely under the circumstances.

Easy to park, easy to drive, smooth ride, holds the road well, and good daytime visibility. The satellite radio and bluetooth interface for hands free cell phone use are fun.

The auto-dimming rear view mirror and side mirror need major improvement, as well as the rain sensing wipers. The gas mileage (13-14 mpg for city driving) is not great and should be improved. Contrary to the Mercedes brochure and consumer reports, you cannot use Ethanol E85 with the 4Matic.

Mercedes Benz C350 Sport AMG package
By ck

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I first saw the C350 on TV late 2007 i wanted to trade in my '05 C230 for a new car. I was also test driving 3 series BMW, Saab, infinty g35 and even the Nissan 350Z a much sportier car. I tallied up the plusses for each car including the c350 to come up with the best decision, by this time I have test driven all cars including the Benz which was stuningly beautiful in person.. The ride interior quality, over all quality, styling, mpg w/c is fairly good. And room. The Benz was the clear choice. On top of that I added the amg package, navigation, Sirius, oh and I have a 4gig hardrive pcmcia which was hard to find. I dont have to use my ipod no more. Best deal for the buck

Nav, Sirius, multimedia package. Smooth/quiet ride,

Don't like the way the center console opens.