Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love this Car
By Rod

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Have had our Benz for over 6 months now and still feel like we made a great choice. The power is more than what we need. The car feels strong on the road and is very quiet! It holds the road very well. The 4matic transmission allows us on steep inclines on ice and snow covered Denver streets to go right around cars spinning their wheels. The sound system is great and to sit back and watch a movie, in 5.1 sound, while waiting for our daughter's soccer practice to end is like a home away from home.

Quiet ride. Easy maneuvering and tight steering. Holds the road and is a nice heavy vehicle.

Different material for the dash. Memory position for the seat adjustments and mirrors.

It is OK
By DC mercedes owner

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

After having driven Volvos for 30 years, I decided I needed a change so purchased a Mercedes C300 Luxury 4matic after test driving a number of cars. The car is easy to drive and very easy to park. It holds the road well. The seats could be a little softer. The visibility during the day is excellent. I purchased the Premium 1 package. The rain sensing wipers as part of the package only work well when it is raining hard- a time when the regular wipers would provide the same performance. The auto-dimming rear view mirror blacks out almost completely when there is a car behind you- I find this extremely dangerous since one is not able to change lanes safely under the circumstances.

Easy to park, easy to drive, smooth ride, holds the road well, and good daytime visibility. The satellite radio and bluetooth interface for hands free cell phone use are fun.

The auto-dimming rear view mirror and side mirror need major improvement, as well as the rain sensing wipers. The gas mileage (13-14 mpg for city driving) is not great and should be improved. Contrary to the Mercedes brochure and consumer reports, you cannot use Ethanol E85 with the 4Matic.

Mercedes Benz C350 Sport AMG package
By ck

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I first saw the C350 on TV late 2007 i wanted to trade in my '05 C230 for a new car. I was also test driving 3 series BMW, Saab, infinty g35 and even the Nissan 350Z a much sportier car. I tallied up the plusses for each car including the c350 to come up with the best decision, by this time I have test driven all cars including the Benz which was stuningly beautiful in person.. The ride interior quality, over all quality, styling, mpg w/c is fairly good. And room. The Benz was the clear choice. On top of that I added the amg package, navigation, Sirius, oh and I have a 4gig hardrive pcmcia which was hard to find. I dont have to use my ipod no more. Best deal for the buck

Nav, Sirius, multimedia package. Smooth/quiet ride,

Don't like the way the center console opens.

I Love It!
By Ro - Ro

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Ok...after months of looking for the right car, I finally decided on the 350 and I'm soooooooo happy I did. I love this car, the style, the looks I get when I'm driving and the fact that it is a MB. I find myself being cautious of where I park.

Panarama roof, Ipod, bluetooth

More wood grain

Awesome
By Joe

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Awesome car. Car is unreal, great speed and every comfort possible. Everyone stops to stare, car's ride is smooth and quiet and handling is amazing. Got iridium grey with black tec interior, with multi media, ipod and premium 1 package. 6 months free subscription to Sirius satelite radio.

The command center navigation. Pops up out of the dash and then dissapears.

Sunglasses holder and bigger center console storage and possibly a small open in dash storage maybe cut into the dash above the climate controls