Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

The almost perfect sport sedan
By C350rox

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My C350 Sport is almost perfect. Its ride is so smooth yet this cars sporty suspension has very quick reflexes. It also gets 30 MPG cruising over 80 mph! The styling is unbeatable, the car is drop dead gorgeous and the rims are so sporty I didn't even have to upgrade to the AMGs. However where this car falls short is performance. I test drove a Lexus IS350 and BMW 335i both had the same size engine, and same MPGs yet they were much quicker and more powerful. About a full second faster 0-60. Also the interior styling is bland and not as impressive as the exterior. However the fact the this car has Mercedes craftmenship and rock solid engineering made me pick the C350 over the Bimmer and Lexus

Favorite Features

Love the Sirius, and Harmon Kardon premium sound. P2 package comes with everything! Great gas mileage and a composed ride quality

Suggested Improvements

More power please! the car is wicked fast but could be faster! My friends 08 Accord coupe is faster and the Lexus and BMW are way faster

C 300 luxury sedan
By Joe

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Materials are top notch inside and out. I see no difference between the C and the E unless you want more interior room in rear. I carry four adults with no problem however. Mine happened to be full leather, but MB Tex is excellent. Do not get the tan interior. Off color in daylight. Cheap looking. Bad design. Black over grey is best overall. Great in any light. P2 package is worth the money. You have all the luxury ammenities this way. Multimedia is worth the cost for the GPS, Logic 7 surround sound, satellite radio, etc. All great. Very adequate power for size and weight. Follow recommended tire pressures. Gas mileage is exactly what the sticker states. Can beat 25 with cruise.

Favorite Features

Material quality, fit & finish, power, ride, lighting design (inside & out), bluetooth, GPS, radio (all segments), surround sound, 18" amg wheels with high performance tires (ride & handling is unbelieveable)

Suggested Improvements

None except gas mileage (so guess we all dream of that, but if you want a higher end car...) just don't get the tan interior.

Good News / Bad News
By Michael Larkin

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven a Mercedes C class for the last 8 years and the cars are the best I have ever owned. This year I got the C300 sport because of how great it looked. Everything about the car is tremendous except the seats. They are possibly the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in - almost to the point that I can not drive the car. I am trying to resolve with the dealership and hope they will come through. Would hate to lose them as my number one brand.

Favorite Features

Exterior look spectacular. Interior design stunning. Handles like a Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

Not as quiet as my old C320 - not as air tight. Speaker system weak - muddy. But most of all the seats have no cushioning and cause pain.

Love this Car
By Rod

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Have had our Benz for over 6 months now and still feel like we made a great choice. The power is more than what we need. The car feels strong on the road and is very quiet! It holds the road very well. The 4matic transmission allows us on steep inclines on ice and snow covered Denver streets to go right around cars spinning their wheels. The sound system is great and to sit back and watch a movie, in 5.1 sound, while waiting for our daughter's soccer practice to end is like a home away from home.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride. Easy maneuvering and tight steering. Holds the road and is a nice heavy vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Different material for the dash. Memory position for the seat adjustments and mirrors.

It is OK
By DC mercedes owner

After having driven Volvos for 30 years, I decided I needed a change so purchased a Mercedes C300 Luxury 4matic after test driving a number of cars. The car is easy to drive and very easy to park. It holds the road well. The seats could be a little softer. The visibility during the day is excellent. I purchased the Premium 1 package. The rain sensing wipers as part of the package only work well when it is raining hard- a time when the regular wipers would provide the same performance. The auto-dimming rear view mirror blacks out almost completely when there is a car behind you- I find this extremely dangerous since one is not able to change lanes safely under the circumstances.

Favorite Features

Easy to park, easy to drive, smooth ride, holds the road well, and good daytime visibility. The satellite radio and bluetooth interface for hands free cell phone use are fun.

Suggested Improvements

The auto-dimming rear view mirror and side mirror need major improvement, as well as the rain sensing wipers. The gas mileage (13-14 mpg for city driving) is not great and should be improved. Contrary to the Mercedes brochure and consumer reports, you cannot use Ethanol E85 with the 4Matic.