2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

Wind Noise---Room situation
By Troy

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car that I purchased for my wife, who had been driving a 2002 Audi A6. I realize this car is smaller and not designed to compete with the A6 (even the older 2002 Audi A6), however, things that she and I both notice everytime we drive it on the highway is the wind noise emulating from the winshield. In snow (we have 4Matic) it doesn't handle like the Quatro A6 she'd grown to love...not even close...the back seat room is limited to children (no way 4 adults will be comfortable on a trip in this car. Lastly, the dash (she has the pop up nav screen version too) lacks style...it looks "american," and is outclassed by the new Cadillac CTS that it competes with...that's a first!

Favorite Features

panoramic sunroof is cool...pop up nav is cool...get the "leather" seats, not the MB Tex...it's not comfortable and looks cheap.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower would be nice...it has 228...they need to fix the wind noise that is prominent while driving on the highway. It's an annoyance one has to live with.

Nice changes for Benz
By Marty

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was not too sure on this vehicle or the BMW 328. Once I found out that Mercedes eliminated Chrysler from producing their vehicles I felt much better. My vehicle was produced in Stuttgart Germany, which is great and this first run of C class vehicles were produced their also. If you wait too long you will get South African models which would make me guess on the labor quality. The ride is smooth and the acceleration is quick. The navigation and 12 speaker Harmon Kardon 7.1 audio is top notch. This is an all around great car with much more prestige than a BMW. Great job Mercedes.

Favorite Features

Harmon Kardon 12 speaker 7.1 surround sound stereo and navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Standard heated seats, rain sensing wipers and power folding mirrors would make this vehicle a 10

08 C300 Best Car I've Had
By Timmy B

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I waited many years to buy a Benz. It was well worth the wait. The car is smooth, has great features, power and comfort. On a country rooad, it drives itself. best value for the money.

Favorite Features

Driver controls, power, styling and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Need memory seats as an option and cruise control is a bit difficult to get used to. It is easily mistaken for the turn signal, so be careful.

Beautiful!
By dixondb

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I have only owned this car for 6 weeks, but so far the experience has been fantastic. It is truly beautiful to look at, smooth to drive, and once you master the COMAND sterio/GPS/phone system it is a technological marvel. Comfortable and elegant inside and out. I look forward to the coming years of reliable service.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks. COMAND navigation system. Smooth acceleration and accurate handling characteristics.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Good automobile for the price
By V Stay

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have had a chance to drive the car at high speeds and without a doubt it can definitely handle its own. The interior is a little bland but the technology package, with its gadets, helps give the vehicle some pizzazz. This model is a good introduction into MB.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, voice recognition, and handling for entry level luxury vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Push button start. Standard Bi-Xenon lamps, and sunglass holder.

iPod interface is lousy
By Clayton King

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I love my C300 Luxury. However, I purchased the multimedia package and iPod interface. I sadly discovered the iPod cannot be controlled using the COMAND system and display on the popup screen. Instead you must use steering wheel controls. For a large music collection, this is completely cumbersome at the least, and it renders the multimedia COMAND controls completely useless. It would be easier to use a traditional patch cable and plug the iPod in to the AUX jack in the glovebox. This is really a bad design, and I would think a car stickering at 40K+ would do a better job. This is my only beef with my new car.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, overall COMAND function is great - NAV, Sirius radio, 6 CD changer, internal hard drive and memory card, as well as bluetooth phone control are great!

Suggested Improvements

Have the iPod be controlled by the COMAND system, including the scroll wheel.

Great Car for the Money
By TNTPALMBEACH

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had 4 Mercedes Benz vehicle in the last 10 years ( C280 Sport, E350 Sport, C230, R500 AMG) This is a great little luxury sport sedan. Very German like, great handling, looks, quiet, bulid quality is superb, Harman Kardon sound system is fantastic. I like my new little toy very much.

Favorite Features

Styling, the car looks much more expensive then it is, also it is quiet for an entry level Mercedes Benz

Suggested Improvements

Electric trunk closer, memory seats, better Bluetooth telephone phonebook downloading.

The best C.
By CRay

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is for 2008 MB C300 Luxury. I traded in my wife's 2006 BMW 325 (I am glad I got rid of that disappointing car. So noisy my god the chevy 2500 diesel was quiter - no kidding). Love this C class though. Smooth, quite and fast enough for me (I am mid 40s). It does everything in Merced way. I owned the previous C (2003) and didn't like that one either. But his one is defeintly a winner. Thank you Mercedes to built this.

Favorite Features

Everything. Radio is nice. New climate control's 'Off' button which was missing from older C and new BMW. Big buttons help a lot.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats as standard option.

Looks full size and sporty
By Ann Arbor Bob

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best feature is the distinct design change between the sport and lux. Looks like a full size sedan compared to the previous C-Class (the Civic looked bigger). Rear seat room is equal to that of the E-Class. Lacks in power and gas mileage... but hey, its a Mercedes. If I wanted power I would wait for the AMG to tear the asphalt up...and gas... comon'.. who am I kidding? It's a Mercedes, I didn't buy it for fuel economy! Looks like a 50k car - I highly recommend the AMG 18" wheel upgrade.

Favorite Features

DVD/Nav system is great. No touch- screen or buttons on the dash... convenient mouse type device at the front of the arm-rest. Great sound system and voice command/blue tooth makes me feel like James Bond.

Suggested Improvements

Available wood trim on the sport model. I like the sporty exterior but enjoy the lux wood. More storage space. No place for the cell phone/change dish, etc...

Great MBZ
By 2008cclass

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Put 1000 miles on it so far. Had for one week. Red on black is very sporty and looks great plus is very fun to drive. For a 4 hour trip worked great and comfortable for 3 tall adults and 1 labrador. Everyone stops and looks. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, panoramic sunroof, heated seats, 2nd row fold flat seats,

Suggested Improvements

Better navigation