2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Benz-no-More?
By benznomore on 11/19/13 20:43 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Keep in mind that my C230 - 2008 has only 62,000 Kms, is driven lightly and garage kept. Yet...time to move away from Benz once and for all. To date: both electric side mirrors replaced ($700 each), both gas tank pumps replaced a couple of times (fuel gauge still goes out once in a while), side mirror full of water (looks like fish tank), tire blown sidewall, amongst others and just today car would not start leaving all scratching heads..$$$$ Not to mention Benz's outrageous cost of ongoing service...$500-$800 each annual visit.

C-300 16 month Review
By Sarge on 01/10/10 07:34 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Thinking of a C-300 Luxury sedan? Read this 16 month, 26,000 mile review first. Terrific comfort, rock solid construction, very good mileage, and great dealer support! Reliability has been excellent - ZERO problems. Overall 25 mpg. A recent 1400 highway trip yielded 28.5 MPG @ 77 mph. My wife had neck surgery a few years ago and she really enjoys driving this finely crafted, smooth automobile.

My first Mercedes is a Winner!
By Carla on 07/11/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I have to say that I didn't know what to expect, but I am so pleased that I chose a Mercedes this time around. I normally drive Nissan Maxima but have been very displeased with its stability and maneuverability (drove like truck!!). I heard how fun it was to drive a C-Class so I test drove the 2008 when they came out and was blown away. Great pickup and the steering is awesome. I'm a bit of a "speedaholic" so this car works for me for its safety features as well.

My First Mercedes
By bronson on 01/11/09 18:44 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I couldn't wait to get this car when it first came out. I test drove the BMW 3 series a few times before I made my decision to get the Benz. There is nothing like seeing the emblem on the hood of the car when you are driving down the highway. I have not had any issues with this car and the gas mileage is great. The service a A+ as well.

Great Car/Value/Buy!
By JFC on 08/27/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bigger, faster, smoother, and quieter than my 2004 Comprressor Sports Sedan. Appears to be improved in all areas. Classic Mercedes exterior styling, but the company should swallow half the cost & put real leather in all models to elevate itself above the BMW 3 Series entry sedan. Received a great deal with year end factory rebates & convenient home delivery!

No all it's cracked up to be
By hectorsoy on 07/17/08 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've driven this car for 3 months and am not impressed. The tiptronic shifts for itself when I rev towards redline. The interior seems cheap. The volume controls on the steering wheel should be on the left side instead of the right. The car seems crude compared to the Acura TSX and BMW 3 and Lexus IS. My other car is the TSX and the tiptronic shifts much better and much more responsive. And it won't upshift by itself!! It is also difficult to coax a downshift when at medium rpms, this is no problem on the Acura. The instruments are archaic and difficult to read when compared to the Japanese counterparts. People who are happy with this car must have driven Buicks beforehand.

Love our Benz
By atwell4 on 06/28/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We waited until retirement to purchase a Benz. I've wanted one ever since I can remember. My husband and I both love this car. We've not been disappointed with the purchase. The ride, handling, and everything about it makes us wonder why we waited so long. It looks good on the outside and feels good on the inside. We selected the black/black. This combination looks really good, but it does dirty quickly. Oh, well, guess that's the price one has to pay to drive the car of one's dreams. People think we paid a lot more than we did, it looks that good! And an added bonus: we're getting plenty of extra exercise parking far away from other vehicles in parking lots!

Happy once again
By Many Mercedes on 06/25/08 08:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

After many Mercedes I believe that this is the best overall package. A great overall balance of ride, handling and luxury. Many people comment on the lack of leather upolstery as standard, but my experience with the MB Tex has been much better durability and appearance after several years of use. I would recommend the P2 package. You will really appreciate the visibility afforded by the Bi-Xenon headlamps. Once you have purchased Mercedes no other vehicle will do.

C300 Luxury
By FL LADY on 06/03/08 07:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Picked it up at the factory in Germany and drove it around Europe on the autobahn and back count ry roads. Fun to drive and very responsive on the short on and off-ramps of Europe. Did not get many add-ons (P 1 package only), but it is great. I love my car! Found that the folding mirrors were a godsend in medieval towns where a few streets were unbelievably narrow. The bellhops in every town loved the arctic white--most cars of that model in Europe were black, grey or silver--and I really like the Savannah/cashmere interior. Get the all weather mats though. Could see that the carpet would get dirty rather quickly without them. Especially love the steering.

C 300 luxury sedan
By Joe on 05/26/08 13:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Materials are top notch inside and out. I see no difference between the C and the E unless you want more interior room in rear. I carry four adults with no problem however. Mine happened to be full leather, but MB Tex is excellent. Do not get the tan interior. Off color in daylight. Cheap looking. Bad design. Black over grey is best overall. Great in any light. P2 package is worth the money. You have all the luxury ammenities this way. Multimedia is worth the cost for the GPS, Logic 7 surround sound, satellite radio, etc. All great. Very adequate power for size and weight. Follow recommended tire pressures. Gas mileage is exactly what the sticker states. Can beat 25 with cruise.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.