Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Best in Class in PPR
By vijay

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Looking at the price performance ratio in this catogory of the cars this is by far and large the best. Yes it is trace less in terms of the power from the other competitors, but is way ahead in all other departments, so overall is a sure winner, and of course it's a three point star, you know what it means.

Favorite Features

Everything is just apt

Suggested Improvements

Navigation : the search for POI's takes time

Love It
By Dwaine

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

First car I've owned that didn't need to go back to the dealership for things going wrong. A very solid, well planted, highway car. We had a 06 Lexus GS300 before the MB and even though the Lexus had a better ride and fuel economy than the C300, there's no comparison to the handling and feel on the road. The Lexus was like driving your father's Buick. We love this car and enjoy every minute we have in it. Can't wait to try it in the snow.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, best heated seats in the buisness, 3 memory power front seats with memory mirrors and auto folding with lock up. Harmon Kardon sound system. No gimmick rain sensor wipers. Smooth tranny. Great looks and performace for the price, it's nice to have a car that looks like the family.

Suggested Improvements

Ride is a bit choppy, but I like the handling. A trunk a little larger would be nice. Unless you use the quick shift in "S" mode, there is a lag when you hammer the throttle. Fuel economy could be better.

First Mercedes
By Dlaindy

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The minute I drove off the lot I new this car was better engineered than any previous car I've purchased. I do not purchase a car to impress others but this car has certainly impressed me. Handling and power makes driving fun. Interior design of dash and controls very handsome without being over done. Extremely pleased and have been surprised by the mileage (25 mpg) for an AWD car. Haven't taken any long distance drives as yet, I'm sure it will be even better yet.

Favorite Features

Toggle control on the console and steering wheel limit reaching all over the place to make adjustments. Test drove BMW, Audi and Volvo, for the money, it was an easy decision for me.

Suggested Improvements

Although I'm generally the only driver, seat memory and exterior key pad would be nice addition.

The best car I ever bought
By rose

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Most comfortable little car I've ever owned. It handles the road very well especially when making turn and sudden stop.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, great stereo

Suggested Improvements

Maintenance free would help.

Great car, great gas mileage
By RLUNDER

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I like everything about this car but was really suprised by the excellent gas mileage. After about 10,000 miles my overal mixed mileage is 23.9 MPG, I have gotten up to 29.0 MPG. On a recent 1200 mile road trip I was amazed to see my mileage climb to 31.5 MPG. That was over 890 miles, 13 hours with an average speed of 68 MPH. and all on 93 octane gasoline

Favorite Features

Almost everyting about this car is one of my favorites. When I get in the car and the seat, mirrors and steering wheel are adjusted, it feels like a tailor made suit that was custom made just for me. Every control and switch is in perfect reach, exactly where it should be.

Suggested Improvements

I don't use the backseat for anything, but a little more leg room would be nice for most owners with families. Also, there is a bit of a delay in downshifting on the 7 speed automatic transmission. I am starting to get used to it, but it's something that a simple reprogram could easily fix.