Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Benz-no-More?
By benznomore

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Keep in mind that my C230 - 2008 has only 62,000 Kms, is driven lightly and garage kept. Yet...time to move away from Benz once and for all. To date: both electric side mirrors replaced ($700 each), both gas tank pumps replaced a couple of times (fuel gauge still goes out once in a while), side mirror full of water (looks like fish tank), tire blown sidewall, amongst others and just today car would not start leaving all scratching heads..$$$$ Not to mention Benz's outrageous cost of ongoing service...$500-$800 each annual visit.

style, finish, ride.

improve engineering of components >my fault....never buy the first year of re-vamp! follow BMW's lead to include servicing over warranty period...this is one thing that has driven me away as a Benz repeat customer.

C-300 16 month Review
By Sarge

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Thinking of a C-300 Luxury sedan? Read this 16 month, 26,000 mile review first. Terrific comfort, rock solid construction, very good mileage, and great dealer support! Reliability has been excellent - ZERO problems. Overall 25 mpg. A recent 1400 highway trip yielded 28.5 MPG @ 77 mph. My wife had neck surgery a few years ago and she really enjoys driving this finely crafted, smooth automobile.

3.0 liter V-6 coupled with the 7 speed automatic delivers more than adequate performance, respectful fuel mileage, and smooth, seamless shifts. German engineering is 2nd to none! Steering is delightful. Ride quality in the Luxury C-300 is smooth and controlled, not harsh like the Sport edition.

Rear leg room is a bit cramped for our 6 foot son. Cost to move up to the E class is an additional $25,000. For a couple this car is ideal. We have fit 2 or 3 in the back, but no more than 90 minutes at a time.

My first Mercedes is a Winner!
By Carla

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I have to say that I didn't know what to expect, but I am so pleased that I chose a Mercedes this time around. I normally drive Nissan Maxima but have been very displeased with its stability and maneuverability (drove like truck!!). I heard how fun it was to drive a C-Class so I test drove the 2008 when they came out and was blown away. Great pickup and the steering is awesome. I'm a bit of a "speedaholic" so this car works for me for its safety features as well.

My model came with the entertainment package and completely loaded. What can I say but that you are really missing out if you don't include the great technology offered...DVD... upgraded speakers, iPod integration...etc...

More comfortable seating. A long trip can be a challenge in this car... although the car drives like a dream, the seats are kind of remind you of a "Ford Fiesta" ... definitely NOT what you expect to find in a luxury auto.

My First Mercedes
By bronson

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I couldn't wait to get this car when it first came out. I test drove the BMW 3 series a few times before I made my decision to get the Benz. There is nothing like seeing the emblem on the hood of the car when you are driving down the highway. I have not had any issues with this car and the gas mileage is great. The service a A+ as well.

The brakes are fantastic and the sound system is great. For what you are paying the interior is a lot nicer than the BMW. Spring for all of the bells and whistles. You won't regret it.

The turn signal should be above the cruise control on the steering wheel. I can't tell you how many times I've turned on the cruise control when I meant to use the turn signal.

Great Car/Value/Buy!
By JFC

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bigger, faster, smoother, and quieter than my 2004 Comprressor Sports Sedan. Appears to be improved in all areas. Classic Mercedes exterior styling, but the company should swallow half the cost & put real leather in all models to elevate itself above the BMW 3 Series entry sedan. Received a great deal with year end factory rebates & convenient home delivery!

Better/lighter steering, closer/easier to press accelerator, auto door locks/lights, rain sensors & digital speedometer. Solid, vault-like feel/ride.

Double stitched vinyl interior that more resembles leather & classier speedometer/tach area.