2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Car on "mute"
By kleyva on 01/31/13 07:05 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

From the mystique of the Mercedes-Daimler-Benz corporation comes a middle-of-the-road midsize sedan that does not surprise the owner in any way. This is my 1st MBZ, I have never driven one before owning this one. Fairly comfortable, very good looking exterior, with adequate power. All of this in consideration of the $30K plus price tag. When you buy the symbol of quality and luxury, that is exactly what you get– just the symbol. Purchased CPO and added 2 yr warranty.

Great Car!!!
By houcutx on 11/25/09 09:34 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car. Very nice looking and fun to drive. My first MB and I'm very happy with it. I had a Saab 9-5 and a BMW 3 series, this one is better.

German engineering with a bit of fun
By Rick on 10/06/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When you buy a C 300,or a 328, or A4, you're buying a good German engineered automobile that delivers sporty and capable driving dynamics without being a performance car, enough features to please most drivers but no luxury amenities (unless you add optionals that will shoot up the price), and comprehensive maintenance/service (every 10k miles or so). It's a very good car that makes me look forward to the E550 or E63 AMG.

Beautiful look
By TA on 05/18/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car... amazing exterior... turn heads all the time. Great drive and it is a lot of fun to go over 100 mph until the police stops you.

not a luxury car
By mbchica on 03/16/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven several luxury sedans and SUVs. If you are in the market to buy a high-bred, trust me when I say that this is not a luxury car. It is peppy enough considering what it is. It feels like nothing more than a VW Jetta. The interior is very plain and honestly kind of feels cheap. There is literally what looks and feels like aluminum on the doors and dash. Yes I understand that for 30K you can't expect to get much from MBenz. The car is cute and most likely reliable in the long term, but that's about it.

Small but drives big
By Mit on 12/02/08 10:39 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great vehicle. I have only had it a short period of time, but love driving the car. My biggest complaint is that the navigatioin system I paid good money for is the worst nav system I have ever used. If you don't have an address of where you want to go forget finding it with the nav system. Search features are horrible at best. You are limited to one voice for directions, where others offer several voices. The nav system will override what you are trying to input most of the time and will prevent you from typing in the name of a street you are trying to navigate to. Simply put the nav system is junk. Do yourself a favor and buy a Garmin. The car is great otherwise.

C300 Sport - AMG
By MYC on 10/09/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a C300 sport with multimedia package and AMG wheels. 7 speed A. I bought this car about 9 months ago. I used to drive a 2001 BMW 330Ci before. It is a very fun to drive car. Brakes are absolutely amazing! My 330 was good to but C300 brakes are just amazing! It handles very nice. It gives you the stiff sharp feeling when you drive aggressively way and a very smooth nice drive whn you cruise down the highway. I get about 32-34 mpg on the high way (very surprising but that's what the trip computers shows). Parking lot traffic gives me about 14-15 though. 330's performance was better than the C300. Responds faster when you kick in, but overall it's an amazing car. Needs more leg room in the bck

Nice 1st M-B
By thjatty on 10/06/08 15:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first M-B and I really enjoy it. The quality of the build is very nice and it performs well for city and highway commuting. Although it is between a compact and a standard size sedan, I fit comfortably (being 5'-9" and 200 lbs). The heated seats are nice, and the DVD-NAV display is very cool. I don't have much trouble with the technology, other than trying to decide which one to use as this car is very multi-task functional. The engine is great for the size. I have owned Porsche, VW, Chevy, Ford and Chrysler products. Hands down this is the best overall package I've ever had.

Enjoying the machine
By GI Tiger on 07/27/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd C class, I had a 2005 C230K, black on black, what a car. The styling of the newest C Class (300) series is exceptional. Mercedes has really stepped up to the plate on this machine. The seats are very comfortable, instruments cluster is easier to adjust and read, and the Blue tooth is fantastic, I'm from California, hands-free law. aggggh! This auto is definitely a looker. The power plant is a hold over from the last couple of years but still has ample get-up and go for the weight of the car. The BMW's 3 series, are so plain and have no styling, boring. You will be much happier with this vehicle! I have the 18" AMG rims and low profile wheels.

Excellent
By rio124 on 07/23/08 23:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Disclaimer: I am leaving my Corvette for the C300 so my performance notes may be a bit off from the normal person. The exterior of the C300 sport is definitely exciting from the front, but a bit pedestrian from the sides or rear. Still it's a beautiful car. The interior is very well-built and comfortable. The dual climate controls and steering wheel control buttons are excellent. The handling is very nice - not as sporty as a sports car, but tight. It is definitely smooth enough for a daily driver, but you still get very good road feel. Performance on the 300 is decent with the manual. It can get up and go better than most of the cars out there. (Still miss the Corvette power!)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.