Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

pay and shall recive
By lane13

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I have had the car 8 months now and still in love with it. Bought it used with 42k miles. Mars red with the tech2 package. So glad I got it with the tech 2 package. nav, bi xeon head lights, and amazing sound system is a major plus! Cant wait to put the 4matic to work with this Utah snow! My only down fall is that the c350 doesn,t come with 4 matic. Would have liked a bit more power.

Favorite Features

4matic, head lights, sound system, v6, the color, the exhaust note when romped on, and cant forget the design in and out!

Suggested Improvements

I understand the staggered wheels are for handling and all.. But its all wheel drive. I think I might be going threw tires more often. Also wish MPG was a bit better. its a 3.0 not v8.

Benz-no-More?
By benznomore

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Keep in mind that my C230 - 2008 has only 62,000 Kms, is driven lightly and garage kept. Yet...time to move away from Benz once and for all. To date: both electric side mirrors replaced ($700 each), both gas tank pumps replaced a couple of times (fuel gauge still goes out once in a while), side mirror full of water (looks like fish tank), tire blown sidewall, amongst others and just today car would not start leaving all scratching heads..$$$$ Not to mention Benz's outrageous cost of ongoing service...$500-$800 each annual visit.

Favorite Features

style, finish, ride.

Suggested Improvements

improve engineering of components >my fault....never buy the first year of re-vamp! follow BMW's lead to include servicing over warranty period...this is one thing that has driven me away as a Benz repeat customer.

Car on "mute"
By kleyva

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

From the mystique of the Mercedes-Daimler-Benz corporation comes a middle-of-the-road midsize sedan that does not surprise the owner in any way. This is my 1st MBZ, I have never driven one before owning this one. Fairly comfortable, very good looking exterior, with adequate power. All of this in consideration of the $30K plus price tag. When you buy the symbol of quality and luxury, that is exactly what you get– just the symbol. Purchased CPO and added 2 yr warranty.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual transmission, Heated seats, fantastic good-looks. Added K&N filters (2) which for me has made this car bearable. Mercedes-Benz dealership has always been accomodating, always providing a new loaner car at no charge.

Suggested Improvements

In the first year, car was towed twice to dealer, once for a failed engine pulley, and then for a broken key or ignition switch. Base stereo has no midrange sound and no way to adjust for this. Performance from the 3 liter is average. Gauges look like they belong in some long-gone Chrysler product, and smaller increments are decorative only. Airbox and filters were improperly designed.

C300 is Hott!!!
By Taras

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This car is awesome!!! I am 6 foot four, and I have room to drive as well as I can fit in the back seat. styling is awesome, interior is a little bland, but not bad. Car is FUN to drive, corners like on rails, great highway speed, not bad off the line either. I have owned a E class, Hummer H2, Lexus GX470 , Acura CL type S as well as various other cars. I LOVE THIS CAR !!!! Highly recommend!!!!!!!! :)

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, flip up navi screen.

Suggested Improvements

Interior. Horsepower, tourque.

C-300 16 month Review
By Sarge

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Thinking of a C-300 Luxury sedan? Read this 16 month, 26,000 mile review first. Terrific comfort, rock solid construction, very good mileage, and great dealer support! Reliability has been excellent - ZERO problems. Overall 25 mpg. A recent 1400 highway trip yielded 28.5 MPG @ 77 mph. My wife had neck surgery a few years ago and she really enjoys driving this finely crafted, smooth automobile.

Favorite Features

3.0 liter V-6 coupled with the 7 speed automatic delivers more than adequate performance, respectful fuel mileage, and smooth, seamless shifts. German engineering is 2nd to none! Steering is delightful. Ride quality in the Luxury C-300 is smooth and controlled, not harsh like the Sport edition.

Suggested Improvements

Rear leg room is a bit cramped for our 6 foot son. Cost to move up to the E class is an additional $25,000. For a couple this car is ideal. We have fit 2 or 3 in the back, but no more than 90 minutes at a time.