2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Benz-no-More?
By benznomore on 11/19/13 20:43 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Keep in mind that my C230 - 2008 has only 62,000 Kms, is driven lightly and garage kept. Yet...time to move away from Benz once and for all. To date: both electric side mirrors replaced ($700 each), both gas tank pumps replaced a couple of times (fuel gauge still goes out once in a while), side mirror full of water (looks like fish tank), tire blown sidewall, amongst others and just today car would not start leaving all scratching heads..$$$$ Not to mention Benz's outrageous cost of ongoing service...$500-$800 each annual visit.

Car on "mute"
By kleyva on 01/31/13 07:05 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

From the mystique of the Mercedes-Daimler-Benz corporation comes a middle-of-the-road midsize sedan that does not surprise the owner in any way. This is my 1st MBZ, I have never driven one before owning this one. Fairly comfortable, very good looking exterior, with adequate power. All of this in consideration of the $30K plus price tag. When you buy the symbol of quality and luxury, that is exactly what you get– just the symbol. Purchased CPO and added 2 yr warranty.

C300 is Hott!!!
By Taras on 01/31/10 09:09 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This car is awesome!!! I am 6 foot four, and I have room to drive as well as I can fit in the back seat. styling is awesome, interior is a little bland, but not bad. Car is FUN to drive, corners like on rails, great highway speed, not bad off the line either. I have owned a E class, Hummer H2, Lexus GX470 , Acura CL type S as well as various other cars. I LOVE THIS CAR !!!! Highly recommend!!!!!!!! :)

C-300 16 month Review
By Sarge on 01/10/10 07:34 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Thinking of a C-300 Luxury sedan? Read this 16 month, 26,000 mile review first. Terrific comfort, rock solid construction, very good mileage, and great dealer support! Reliability has been excellent - ZERO problems. Overall 25 mpg. A recent 1400 highway trip yielded 28.5 MPG @ 77 mph. My wife had neck surgery a few years ago and she really enjoys driving this finely crafted, smooth automobile.

Great Car!!!
By houcutx on 11/25/09 09:34 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car. Very nice looking and fun to drive. My first MB and I'm very happy with it. I had a Saab 9-5 and a BMW 3 series, this one is better.

German engineering with a bit of fun
By Rick on 10/06/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When you buy a C 300,or a 328, or A4, you're buying a good German engineered automobile that delivers sporty and capable driving dynamics without being a performance car, enough features to please most drivers but no luxury amenities (unless you add optionals that will shoot up the price), and comprehensive maintenance/service (every 10k miles or so). It's a very good car that makes me look forward to the E550 or E63 AMG.

I Love This Car
By pebblebeach on 09/03/09 23:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was cross-shopping BMW 335i and Audi S4. When I drove the C350, I knew this was the car for me. Sure, it's not as fast as either the 335 or S4 but overall it is perfect. Mine has the P2 package, Multimedia package, Panarama sunroof, 18" rims and iPod adapter. There are more audio storage options than I could probably ever fill. The stereo is great and the build quality is fantastic. I love driving this car and everything about it. I have no regrets and do not miss having a BMW. I will keep this car for a long time. Drive it, you won't be disappointed.

My first Mercedes is a Winner!
By Carla on 07/11/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I have to say that I didn't know what to expect, but I am so pleased that I chose a Mercedes this time around. I normally drive Nissan Maxima but have been very displeased with its stability and maneuverability (drove like truck!!). I heard how fun it was to drive a C-Class so I test drove the 2008 when they came out and was blown away. Great pickup and the steering is awesome. I'm a bit of a "speedaholic" so this car works for me for its safety features as well.

The Best First Car!!!
By ariegn on 05/26/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is the 1st car I purchased for myself. I can truly call it my own. It was the first of the small luxury sedans I test drove and none of the others could live up to the MB C300. It is a gorgeous car both inside and out. Had MB not redesigned, it would not have even been a consideration. I'd be driving a Lexus right now. The car is gorgeous, has been reliable for me and the service at my dealership is beyond excellent. I only have good things to say! Nothing says class, luxury and comfort like a Mercedes.

Beautiful look
By TA on 05/18/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car... amazing exterior... turn heads all the time. Great drive and it is a lot of fun to go over 100 mph until the police stops you.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class in VA is:

$120 per month*