2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Poor Reliability

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

Poor Reliability
By Anonymous on

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Initial impressions were good. But then came the problems. Here's a breakdown: 1. Cylinder head replaced due to valve going bad at, get this, 23,000 miles. 2. Left my wife stranded as the fuse box blew a circuit preventing the car from being started. This at just over 26,000 miles. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 3. Left me stranded when the cam positioning sensor went bad at 40,000 miles. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 4. Left me stranded AGAIN when the fuel pump went out a month later. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 5. Found out during this repair I would need to replace both front rotors as they were worn down. At 41,000 miles?

Just traded in this piece of junk for a 2011 Honda Accord. Never will I buy a Mercedes Benz again. I'm mean are you serious?

By flip16
on 10/13/11 21:18 PM (PDT)

I have the same problems with my 2007 MB C230. Replaced rotors at15K miles, Computer sensor in engine gave in at 51K miles. Inferior interiors. My brother in law has an E 350 and had sames problems. I will not buy any MB again.

By mbenz1
on 03/01/12 13:30 PM (PST)

MANNN!! tell me about. I just got this thing and something wierd starts happening to the trunk i can open it no problem but when i go to close it, it wont i have to either start up the car and move it a couple of feet and finally itll close. Then my cam shaft sensor is acting retarded as well, What was your soloution to the camshaft positioning? And how much did it cost? Thank You for your response.