2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Great car, once I stopped baby

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

Great car, once I stopped babying it
By dw on

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Got a great deal on a CPO 07 C230 with only 10k miles. It seems there's a glut of off-lease cars on the market right now (not surprising considering the problems with brokerages & banks). Great interior and exterior, but I miss having a fold-down rear seat. I first thought it drove a bit larger than it really is. Then I drove it aggressively on a twisty road. Wow. Body roll is very well controlled, and grip is outstanding. Real-world acceleration is outstanding; the 7 speed runs to high rpms as required in sport mode. It has a long-travel throttle that makes it easy to drive sedately or aggressively, once you get used to it. Hwy mpg is much better than I expected based on EPA ratings.

Quiet, solid feel, quality of materials, well-controlled body roll, lateral grip, sound system, good fuel economy (which actually appears to be a bit better at 65mph or so than at 60mph due to gearing - maybe it isn't in the highest gear @ 55-60?)

Make fold-down rear seat standard, not an option. Increase seat travel slightly for those of us with very long legs.