2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Excellent Bargain for a great

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

Excellent Bargain for a great dependable and good looking car !
By mannyb84 on

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

07 auto c230 , Obtained Ownership 59k in Oct. 2009 The carfax was clean, trans. replaced at 49k by MB. I took the car and was impressed for a 2.5L that it had some performance. I am aware of the balance shaft problem. I had a build date of SEPT 07, so I was in the clear. The transmission shifted smooth and responsive. I always changed the oil with Mobil Synthetic 0W-40. Solid suspension, smooth car, felt safe. Very comfortable car even on long and short drives. I would get about 17city, 33hwy and always filled it with 93 Octane. Lost it during Hurricane Sandy with 84k. Let me just clarify if you maintain the car with a good quality of gas and oil you shouldn't have issues.

All the gadgets and buttons are perfectly detailed and in the right places. When the interior lights are on the cluster lights up beautifully and the rest of the interior has a nice color. I got a lot of great compliments from the car (black on black). The wheels on the 07 models are by far the nicest. Auto Transmission very responsive through out the gears. Tight suspension, very sensitive on the steering which I like. Interior was roomy. Steering wheel looked great. One of the coldest a\c's I've seen. I accelerated hard and the gears would change quick and smooth. The car would brake quickly. The car opened nice and sometimes I could hear the variable timing go on through the stock intake.

The remote entry did not work right, I had to always be near the door. The module had to be replaced and it was expensive because its under the rear headliner. The car lacks an AUX input on the 07 models for the oem radio. There is no aftermarket solution unless you make your own custom wires and bridge them, or change the oem radio which as well wont ever match with the interior of the dashboard. Keypad on oem radio worthless because bluetooth unit is too expensive. Blower motor made medal to medal noises you can hear through the vents when it was on low after 2 years of owning it. Chrome around cupholder vanished after a year of owning it. Paint on bumpers peeled off easily.