2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: An engaging little sport sedan

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

An engaging little sport sedan
By Lawson Bernstein on

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a lot of German cars, from $100K Porsches to $10K used BMW E36's. While generally I stick to BMW & Audi, this is a very engaging little car. The torque is adequate at low rpms, but can be enhanced by utilizing the active automatic as a defacto stick shift. The car is tight and the road feel is excellent. I love the cabin which is sleeek and simple, altho' so well insulated that you can be doing 80 and not realize it. As my daily driver I find the car delightful, fun to drive and comfortable. I suspect the appeal of this car has something to do with my turning 50, in that comfort is now as important to me as performance. All in all a very engaging little sport sedan.

Commanding road view, quick turn in, excellentent road feel, great maneuverability in urban traffic. Excellent inetrior fit and finish, upgraded stereo system. My car is granite grey with AMG accents and looks cool in an understated way to this middle aged man. Over all fun to drive factor

Would be nice to have AWD but would require larger engine displacement. Gas mileage is OK but not great. Car is sometimes slow to find right gear when accelarating from a standing start or crusing speeed, hence the need to use the active automatic to downshift.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review