Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Disappointed in my first MB
By Leanne

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had always wanted a Mercedes and was very excited when we bought this car brand new last year. Unfortunately, it hasn't been all that I had dreamed of. It is useless in snow/ice -- last year I learned that lesson the hard way with <1" of snow. Our other three vehicles (not MB) were fine with that tiny bit of snow, but not the MB. It also recently stopped dead in the middle of a busy road with me and my little boy in it. It has been at the dealership since last week and they can't get any error codes, so they have no idea what's wrong with it. I am very disappointed in this car and am thinking about selling it because I don't feel safe in it any longer. It only has 7500 miles on it!

I love the look of the car and it is a very smooth ride.

All that I can say is make the car safe for heaven's sake.

Best car for me ever
By Lee

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Finally bought myself an early retirement present. Question is. Why did I wait so long? I absolutely love this car. Yes, its the typical Black on black - but hey, it's a Mercedes. Powerful, smooth, and I usually get about 25 mpg in the city which equals to about 350 miles to a tank of gas. The trunk has plenty of room, the heated seats are sweet, the sun roof is excellent. I love the quality and appeal. Should you be able to get your hands on one, you won't be disappointed.

Bumper to bumper - a sweet ride.

Once you go MB, you never go back
By Juan Hernandez

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car is sexy and sleek - it's black on black and get compliments on it weekly (I guess it is true that once you go black, you never go back). Car has a great drive. I like having the option of take-off type; Comfort (smooth) or Sport (better acceleration). Car is so smooth on freeway that I got 2 tickets for going 80 mph within the first few months of owning it. Very quiet in cabin when driving. Radio could be upgraded a bit; the louder you go, the less crisp it is. I like the big trunk space. It allows me ample space to hold several outfit options. My biggest complaint is the backseat; 2 fit fine, but add a 3rd person in the fun and it is much more cramped.

It's hot. The outside is sleek and the inside is sexy.

Bigger backseat. There are 3 seatbelts, but only 2 people can fit comfortably.

Mercedes name, but not quality
By FASTJAKE

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Mercedes C230 in April 2007 and thought it would be a great car due to the Mercedes name. I was wrong. The car has lackluster power, very cramped inside, can't rotate tires, oil changes cost $200+, and just not the quality that Mercedes use to have. Recently traded it in on a Chevy Silverado and was informed that Mercedes also has not so great resale value compared to BMW.

Good gas mileage, very eye appealing to look at, cool features such as automatic rain sensing windshield wipers

More power, ipod ready, easier to maintain

Great car
By Star

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I've ever owned. The car handles so well with the sport package. It's nearly impossible for this car to lose its composure. The brakes on this car are outstanding. The brake pedal is very firm and always inspires confidence. My last car was an '02 Camry and one of my major gripes was how mushy the brake pedal felt along with its very poor braking performance. The engine and 7 speed automatic perform so well together. This car has a very smooth and refined powertrain. The way this car drives is so amazing. It is very taught over bumps, and is always a pleasure to drive. It's an expensive car, but it is worth every penny spent. A true example of quality.

The seven speed automatic is great, and it allows you to shift your own gears. It also has a sport/comfort mode switch. I have the base sound system and it has great sound quality with mp3 capability from the changer. The rear power sunshade is great on sunny days.

Make a backup camera available as an option. Make adaptive cruise control available. Make ventilated and dynamic seats available. I guess what I'm saying is make some of the options that are available on the higher end models available to the C class.