Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great Car!
By Soua

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

It is a great car. The seven speed automatic makes the car feel and drive like it has more than 201 HP. You will get better gas mileage with the transmission in "comfort mode". On our last trip, we averaged 30 mpg doing 70 to 75 mph. In city driving, we are averaging 25 mpg. Those that complain that the car does not drive good in the winter needs to change their tires to winter tires or all season tires. The stock Continental ProContacts are performance summer tires only and are not to be driven during the winter. The specs for the tires say, "Do not drive at or around freezing temperatures."

Gas mileage, comfort for sports suspension and tires, sports car like handling, and the exhaust sound.

HID lights should be standard.

Great car and better buy
By TXdriver

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

After 7 months no regrets on purchasing this car used instead of a new something else. Solid as a rock, handles like it's glued to the road. I've seen the mileage rating but I drive aggressively and get 25+ in mixed freeway/city driving. Top end impressive power but sluggish off the line. Great car loaded with features and very quiet ride.

Comfort, handling, responsiveness, styling, auto climate control and wipers.

Better acceleration from a stop. iPod/mp3/bluetooth compatibility would be a nice touch. My wife has an 06 Scion TC that has connections fr these electronics but a year newer MB doesn't? What's up with that? Oh, and brakes wear way too quickly. 30k miles and new pads and rotors needed.

Great car, once I stopped babying it
By dw

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Got a great deal on a CPO 07 C230 with only 10k miles. It seems there's a glut of off-lease cars on the market right now (not surprising considering the problems with brokerages & banks). Great interior and exterior, but I miss having a fold-down rear seat. I first thought it drove a bit larger than it really is. Then I drove it aggressively on a twisty road. Wow. Body roll is very well controlled, and grip is outstanding. Real-world acceleration is outstanding; the 7 speed runs to high rpms as required in sport mode. It has a long-travel throttle that makes it easy to drive sedately or aggressively, once you get used to it. Hwy mpg is much better than I expected based on EPA ratings.

Quiet, solid feel, quality of materials, well-controlled body roll, lateral grip, sound system, good fuel economy (which actually appears to be a bit better at 65mph or so than at 60mph due to gearing - maybe it isn't in the highest gear @ 55-60?)

Make fold-down rear seat standard, not an option. Increase seat travel slightly for those of us with very long legs.

USED C280 4MATIC
By mogirl12

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my 16 year old daughter. I found out a used Mercedes is a good deal financially. I love this Mercedes and try to borrow it when I can. It is so fun to drive. We have now owned it for about 7 months. This car is so quit, NO road noise, drives so smooth, and looks extremely sharp, black on black. The interior quality is immaculate. The only maintained we have done is an oil change $70.00 and purchased a tire at Hibbons because of a flat which cost about $190. I am sold and will not being buying anything other then a Mercedes in the future

Everything! This car has a large trunk. A family of four can ride comfortably in it, even though it is the C class. It is so fun to drive and looks sharp. It is a very safe car as well. The insurance did not cost a fortune either.

It has been getting 27 mpg on the highway. I don't know the city mileage. Better gas mileage would be appreciated especially since it takes premium gas. Additionally, the cup holder has a ring around it that is chrome; the chrome comes off when it gets wet and then looks really bad. That is cheesy

07 C230 Sport - Great little car
By Maccam26

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love this machine, traded my 99 C280 for it which had 130,000 miles and had been bullet proof. This one I got certified pre-owned with 20,000 miles. It's been excellent so far. Only thing I would have liked 60/40 split rear seat and bigger better room for entering the car for rear seat passengers and coming from the C280 3L engine, I did feel the small lack of oumph the 20hp or so drop made to the 2.5L... other that that, sweet car. Pros are the suspension, seats, great 7 spd auto transmission and silky smooth ride, not too rough for type of wheels. Fit and Finish is still top- notch. Paint is ok but it does have some orange peel..car is black so LIQUID GLASS is only way to polish!!