2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Mercedes name, but not quality
By FASTJAKE on 07/22/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Mercedes C230 in April 2007 and thought it would be a great car due to the Mercedes name. I was wrong. The car has lackluster power, very cramped inside, can't rotate tires, oil changes cost $200+, and just not the quality that Mercedes use to have. Recently traded it in on a Chevy Silverado and was informed that Mercedes also has not so great resale value compared to BMW.

Great car
By Star on 07/05/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I've ever owned. The car handles so well with the sport package. It's nearly impossible for this car to lose its composure. The brakes on this car are outstanding. The brake pedal is very firm and always inspires confidence. My last car was an '02 Camry and one of my major gripes was how mushy the brake pedal felt along with its very poor braking performance. The engine and 7 speed automatic perform so well together. This car has a very smooth and refined powertrain. The way this car drives is so amazing. It is very taught over bumps, and is always a pleasure to drive. It's an expensive car, but it is worth every penny spent. A true example of quality.

My First Luxury Car
By Veroom on 06/22/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first luxury car purchase. I was going to purchase a new Honda Accord V6 but when I saw the MB C230, I drove it and fell in love. The cost of the one year old MB compared to a 2008 Accord V6 was the same, unbelievably! The handling and luxury of the MB C230 far out weighed the Accord - no comparison there. I travel extensively and am so excited to land and get in my car. The valet guys at the airport say they love the car too ;). I will never own anything else. The MB C230 is a FFV but I have yet to fill it with E85. The only think that drives me crazy about this car is that only the seat back and bottom seat have power controls, the foward and backward seat controls is manual.

Little pricey, but it's a Benz.
By Jimmy on 05/07/08 02:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

First off, this is my first new car that I have bought ever. The monthly payments got me depressed at first but as I've been driving it and taking care of it, I've come to love this car. I've had it for a year and a half a no real problems. The interior is beautiful, even for a C-class. To me, nothing says luxury like a Mercedes so if you want the finer things in life for under 40K, this is a pretty good place to go to. Will admit, if you are looking for a car on driving performance, this is not the car for you. If you want class, then check it out.

Great car
By Mighty Max on 04/28/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Never thought I'd own a Mercedes because I thought I was more of a BMW or Audi kind of guy, but after owning this vehicle for around six months, I know that I made the right choice. The car is solid. I feel completely safe and in control while driving this car. Its freeway driving ability is just amazing. I hit 100 mph and was impressed with the stability of the car. All I can say is that I found out why people pay more for Mercedes.

Perfect Change from C240
By Harry_D on 04/24/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Owned a C240 2004 and was time for a change. The dealer showed me several C230 sport sedans and finally chose one with only 12K miles on the clock. The C230 looks elegant and stands out with the AMG pge. Rides like a dream on the highway. Would have liked the Navigation package but will need to upgrade it on the next car.

Great looks both in and out.
By maxell106 on 04/07/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The most beautiful car I have ever owned, I was debating between this Mercedes and a BMW 325 but this car just looks 10 times better. The only complaint I have is that it does not have bluetooth, mp3, and ipod kit standard, even the Scion tc which is a $ 18k car has the ipod kit and it reads mp3 standard. But other than that it's the best car for the money. Can't wait to get out of work for the drive home.

Great car for the price
By morgan on 10/05/07 18:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in a 04 Jag xtype on this C230 sport. The car is built so much better, it's quiet and soild. The only thing it lacks is a little power. I'm sure the 320 makes up for that. It drives like a much bigger car.The mpg is always 28-29 hwy and 21 city I get avg 26mpg. All the controls are right where they need to be and the storage inside as well as in the trunk is great. There's a tray in trunk over spare that has little trays in it just right for little things. The hillholder 7 speed trans is great as well as the doors that stay open on a grade instead of crushing your legs. It handles very well and corners great. I've owned 120+ cars this is in my top 2 (#1 my crossfire also made by MB)

Mercedes C230 Sport Sedan
By johnand on 09/24/07 13:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car 6 months now and absolutely love it. It is quiet, comfortable, and very fun to drive. I love the classic Mercedes exterior styling, and always am admiring the looks of the car. I also really like the fact I can run E85 in this car. I have run E85 for over half of the 13K miles I have on the car already. Yes, my mileage suffers about 30% over premium, but the cost is less, to the point of breaking even. Throttle response and power are improved on E85, so in the end it is worth it to me. The Bi-Xenon lights are incredible. Excellent on road manners, and excellent brakes. All the AMG extras you get on the 07, really make this car an excellent value.

A near-miss
By Jaz on 09/13/07 12:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Despite what other reviewers have said, this car has a major Achilles' heel: the 7-speed automatic transmission and the small V-6 engine don't get along. By sporty-car standards, the 2.5-liter engine's 201hp is only marginally adequate; to make this 3400-lb car feel zippy, the transmission would really need to downshift quickly and crisply when accelerating. Instead, it hesitates and is reluctant to downshift even in "sport" mode. So what you get is sluggish performance off the line, which gradually builds as the rpms go up. Too bad; with different transmission software programming, this car could have felt much faster and more responsive. Using the semi-manual feature helps somewhat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.