2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Concern w/Transfer Case & future quality
By Henry W on 06/27/10 07:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I like my C-280. I gave low quality rating b/c of my Transfer Case issue after only 3 yrs. Pros: Handles well in the snow, 27 mpg highway average, looks expensive Cons: Passenger head rest and rear view mirror rattles. To fix I have to keep head rest lowered when seat isn't in use and every so often have to adjust the mirror. Mile marker only does whole #s so can't tell when gone 1/2 mile. CD changer fills glove compartment. At 90K miles, the Transfer Case began making rubbing noise on tight turns. Would have been $500+ repair w/o CPO warranty.

My Dream Car
By SLKFranklin on 05/24/10 13:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a C230 for a long time. I finally sold my 2007 Ford Fusion and bought a used 2007 C230 Sport. I love this car. Man was it an upgrade from my Fusion. I have read a couple of reviews on here that people have written. There was one person that knocked the C230 on driving in snow. HELLO! It is rear wheel drive. It doesn't matter what brand of car it is. There pretty much isn't a rear wheel drive that is going to be good in the snow. So far the only problem that I have had is my check engine light. I plan on taking it to the MB dealership. I am not worried about it because it is still under the factory warranty. I am looking forward to owning this C Class for many years

C230 sport fun
By isles89 on 05/11/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car is amazingly fun to drive. I have the 6 speed manual. Never felt a clutch as smooth as this one. Fuel economy is not as good as expected. I get about 25 mpg highway. Snow tires are a must! help out so much.

Incredible car!
By Mike L on 05/09/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I just purchased as a certified pre- owned with only 9600 miles like new! I researched like crazy for my next car. I also looked at brand new Honda accords and BMW 1-series. I am so glad that I decided to buy my Mercedes c-class. Great pickup, luxury ride with a sporty feel as well. Solid build. Obvious quality. I give my highest recommendation!

Compact, Luxury, Sport Sedan in One
By Jon on 04/26/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is an amazing car, i got it used at 21k miles, i like the AMG styling (bumpers),sport handling, excellent brakes cross-drilled rotors up front, engine response is great, love the variable valve timing switching from low to high note. 7-speed auto is awesome and the manu-matic shifting is crisp. Seats are comfortable and controls/buttons are placed within reach. Trunk space is big and lots of room.

1st time Benz owner-initial impressions
By Thedr on 04/24/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Decided to make the move to a Mercedes for $20 more a month than what I was driving, preowned end lease C280 4matic with 30k miles. The car feels and looks as tight as when it left Germany so it seems. The ride is smooth, very responsive and quiet. Feels larger than it is. Interior design is "simply sophisticated", lots of functions with basic no nonsense finish, yet textured with the brilliance only found in a Mercedes. Shifting is smooth, good acceleration and with little engine noise. The car glides at 55 mph and above, so sweet. Interior cabin sound is nil. The sound system is second to none period(oem), as Harmon-Kardon is known for. Overall exceptional value preowned for a 3 year old.

Happy So Far
By Gary In Mpls on 04/07/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my C230 Sport off lease, with 19,700 miles on it. So far, I love this car! I have never owned a car that handles as well as the C230 does. There is almost none of the "leaning" effect during sharp higher speed turns. I am not sure if this is due to the suspension or the sport tires, but it is great fun to drive. Having driven the car through a Minnesota winter, I would definitely advise buying snow tires. I didn't and some of my snow day commutes were more exciting than I would have wanted. Other reviewers have indicated that snow tires will make difference. I plan to purchase snow tires next year.

No Regrets
By Mark on 03/15/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased and drove home about 50 miles. Surprisingly quiet and we got a little over 29 mpg on the way home. Read many reviews before buying and am not disappointed, car is rock solid and drives like a dream. Can't find any other car that drives like a Mercedes Benz. Would say car is good mix of size, sporty, economy and safe.

Good first car
By Aronky on 02/24/10 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is my first car, it is very safe, I was going very fast and went over a cement pipe that runs under driveways and then hit a ditch. Car should have flipped but didn't and was very safe. I bought another Mercedes afterward. Love the iPod integration seats are comfortable and car looks great. Seats in back are generously spacey for a small car and trunk is huge. Acceleration is pretty good for a low end end Mercedes. Wheels and tires are great but this runs through tires really fast.

Good, happy, could always be better.
By ALB on 02/22/10 13:53 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a preowned c230 last summer. It was low miles and had only 16k on it. I drove all the other cars in the class, BMW 3 series, Lexus IS, and Infinity Gs, and A4. MB is the best balance of performance and luxury. It doesn't handle like a 330, and leather isn't as nice as an IS, but I love this car and love MB (have since purchased an SLK). It is very fun to drive, not like a 335 manual, but it looks great, corners well and in comfort mode get decent gas mileage. I did have to fuel pump replaced under warranty at 22K, didn't like that too much, as I felt betrayed by the car I love, but it happens. If I had to purchase again, I would purchase the same car in red rather than silver.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.