Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Best value ever!
By sjb50

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this in 2007 with 8k miles. Love this car. handles well in sport mode, very peppy, great shifting with 7 speed. Superb mileage, over 30 highway. Comfortable and great in corners.

Like the comfort, handling, mileage, and engine response. Shifting either manumatic on on its own, is great. Reasonable in snow with all-season tires.

The traction control is a bit annoying, since I grew up with rear wheel drive in the snow and like to control the car myself.

WOW what a car
By spratt3

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The C280 4matic has been a great car. Runs perfect in the snow! Treat yourself to a great ride. Service is a bit pricey. Handling is great. Gas is about 25MPG highway @72-75 MPH, 27PMG highway @60-65MPH, 20MPG, city. A few minor problems, but all in all I think you'll love the car like I do. see suggested improvements for problems I had.

Comfortable Interior, Seats adjust more ways than you need.

Don't park over the cement car stops. After a couple of times you'll pull off the front wheel liners. Cost under $100 to replace. The chrome on the drink holder falls off

Poor Reliability
By Anonymous

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Initial impressions were good. But then came the problems. Here's a breakdown: 1. Cylinder head replaced due to valve going bad at, get this, 23,000 miles. 2. Left my wife stranded as the fuse box blew a circuit preventing the car from being started. This at just over 26,000 miles. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 3. Left me stranded when the cam positioning sensor went bad at 40,000 miles. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 4. Left me stranded AGAIN when the fuel pump went out a month later. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 5. Found out during this repair I would need to replace both front rotors as they were worn down. At 41,000 miles?

Just traded in this piece of junk for a 2011 Honda Accord. Never will I buy a Mercedes Benz again. I'm mean are you serious?

Everything.

Interior Electrical Problems
By Michael

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first purchase of a Mercedes. I've always been a Toyota man. Even though this was a used Mercedes C280 I thought the car was a great investment. However, I'm having electrical problems. First, the car unlocks when I'm driving. This is dangerous as I have my grandkids in the back seat many times. Also, the moon roof will not close all the way. I have to hold the button down until the window is closed. I'm bring this car back to New Country Motors hoping they can fix these problems.

I get 28 miles to the gallon highway and about 18 in the city. This is a fun car to drive. Plenty of room if you are short like me and my wife.

Could be better
By mbcar

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car drives great. Average around 30mpg on the highway. Chrome is coming off the gear shifter and cup holder. Cig. lighter does not work, door sensor for windows/sunroof does not work. Dealership fixed door sensor once already. Radio stopped working. Electronics on this car seem to be the weakest point, plus cheap interior parts. 1,000 miles before last oil change the check oil light come on, checked and was 4 qts low on oil. Car only has 43,000 miles on it and doesn't smoke and isn't driven hard. A/C smells like a used tampon on fresh air. I assume it's the fresh air filter. Had to replace both front fender liners - very easy to break.

Separate rear light for pass. Rear windows roll all the way down. Smooth revving engine.

Same size front/rear wheels/tires. Better interior materials.