2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

WOW what a car
By spratt3

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The C280 4matic has been a great car. Runs perfect in the snow! Treat yourself to a great ride. Service is a bit pricey. Handling is great. Gas is about 25MPG highway @72-75 MPH, 27PMG highway @60-65MPH, 20MPG, city. A few minor problems, but all in all I think you'll love the car like I do. see suggested improvements for problems I had.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Interior, Seats adjust more ways than you need.

Suggested Improvements

Don't park over the cement car stops. After a couple of times you'll pull off the front wheel liners. Cost under $100 to replace. The chrome on the drink holder falls off

Interior Electrical Problems
By Michael

This was my first purchase of a Mercedes. I've always been a Toyota man. Even though this was a used Mercedes C280 I thought the car was a great investment. However, I'm having electrical problems. First, the car unlocks when I'm driving. This is dangerous as I have my grandkids in the back seat many times. Also, the moon roof will not close all the way. I have to hold the button down until the window is closed. I'm bring this car back to New Country Motors hoping they can fix these problems.

Favorite Features

I get 28 miles to the gallon highway and about 18 in the city. This is a fun car to drive. Plenty of room if you are short like me and my wife.

After 1 year
By Geek

I purchased a CPO 280 instead of a new C class, cost was not the issue thought the 2007 drove better. After 1 year and 15,000 I really like everything about this car. Ride is superb in all weather and it holds the road perfectly. Quiet, comfort, very good MPG and zero problems.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort make this car a joy to own and drive. The interior is nothing but high quality and the outside classic Mercedes

Suggested Improvements

The new C-Class was in my opinion a step backward. The steering lost the German feel and appears more like a Chrysler.

Concern w/Transfer Case & future quality
By Henry W

Overall I like my C-280. I gave low quality rating b/c of my Transfer Case issue after only 3 yrs. Pros: Handles well in the snow, 27 mpg highway average, looks expensive Cons: Passenger head rest and rear view mirror rattles. To fix I have to keep head rest lowered when seat isn't in use and every so often have to adjust the mirror. Mile marker only does whole #s so can't tell when gone 1/2 mile. CD changer fills glove compartment. At 90K miles, the Transfer Case began making rubbing noise on tight turns. Would have been $500+ repair w/o CPO warranty.

Favorite Features

Handles well in the snow, 27 mpg highway average, looks expensive

Suggested Improvements

Minor issues: Improve passenger head rest and rear view mirror quality. Expand glove box so fits CD changer, mile marker only goes to whole #s so canít tell when you have driven Ĺ mile. Major issue: Improve Transfer Case quality

Incredible car!
By Mike L

I love this car. I just purchased as a certified pre- owned with only 9600 miles like new! I researched like crazy for my next car. I also looked at brand new Honda accords and BMW 1-series. I am so glad that I decided to buy my Mercedes c-class. Great pickup, luxury ride with a sporty feel as well. Solid build. Obvious quality. I give my highest recommendation!

Favorite Features

comfort, ride quality, build quality, appearance

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage (getting about 20 MPG)

1st time Benz owner-initial impressions
By Thedr

Decided to make the move to a Mercedes for $20 more a month than what I was driving, preowned end lease C280 4matic with 30k miles. The car feels and looks as tight as when it left Germany so it seems. The ride is smooth, very responsive and quiet. Feels larger than it is. Interior design is "simply sophisticated", lots of functions with basic no nonsense finish, yet textured with the brilliance only found in a Mercedes. Shifting is smooth, good acceleration and with little engine noise. The car glides at 55 mph and above, so sweet. Interior cabin sound is nil. The sound system is second to none period(oem), as Harmon-Kardon is known for. Overall exceptional value preowned for a 3 year old.

Favorite Features

beautiful interior interior, smooth ride, excellent performance and exceptional detail and craftsmanship.

Suggested Improvements

....have already been addressed in the next generation C class !!!! bottom line....Buy one of these.

No Regrets
By Mark

Just purchased and drove home about 50 miles. Surprisingly quiet and we got a little over 29 mpg on the way home. Read many reviews before buying and am not disappointed, car is rock solid and drives like a dream. Can't find any other car that drives like a Mercedes Benz. Would say car is good mix of size, sporty, economy and safe.

Favorite Features

Great easy listening sound system, buttons on things easy to access, steering column goes up and down, in and out, when you turn the cruise on it takes over so smooth you can't feel it kick in. Love the car.

Suggested Improvements

Slight more lombar in the lower back of the seat.....that's about it.

USED C280 4MATIC
By mogirl12

I bought this car for my 16 year old daughter. I found out a used Mercedes is a good deal financially. I love this Mercedes and try to borrow it when I can. It is so fun to drive. We have now owned it for about 7 months. This car is so quit, NO road noise, drives so smooth, and looks extremely sharp, black on black. The interior quality is immaculate. The only maintained we have done is an oil change $70.00 and purchased a tire at Hibbons because of a flat which cost about $190. I am sold and will not being buying anything other then a Mercedes in the future

Favorite Features

Everything! This car has a large trunk. A family of four can ride comfortably in it, even though it is the C class. It is so fun to drive and looks sharp. It is a very safe car as well. The insurance did not cost a fortune either.

Suggested Improvements

It has been getting 27 mpg on the highway. I don't know the city mileage. Better gas mileage would be appreciated especially since it takes premium gas. Additionally, the cup holder has a ring around it that is chrome; the chrome comes off when it gets wet and then looks really bad. That is cheesy

Hopefully Helpful
By geek

City and Highway driving. Live where it does snow - 4 Seasons. All wheel drive a great feature. If you own the rear wheel drive version or any other rear wheel drive car and live where there is snow, winter tires are a must, enough said.

Favorite Features

Rock solid performance on the road and whisper quiet. You are driving a luxury car. The way the car steers is worth mentioning, it is just superb. The car feels like a German Engineered car that has road manners. Different from a BMW less sporty to the feel, chose the MB because of its manners

Suggested Improvements

CD Changer is large and in the glove compartment. Technology advances have already fixed that issue.

Objective
By Geek

Drives like a German Luxury Car should. Rock solid on the road, responsive steering, quiet. C-Class is not a large car and understanding that up front, not a negative. Trunk is large, 4Matic a huge plus in the winter. Fit and finish is superb and after 3 or 4 years of ownership you are still driving a Mercedes and not a used car.

Favorite Features

Build quality, ride, comfort, quiet.

Suggested Improvements

5 CD player in glove compartment a poor placement but a very minor point.