Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Most Helpful|
DON'T BUY!
By tell_the_truth

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the balance shaft gear failure! This is very common issue in all Mercedes Benz cars that have the M272 engine in it. This is a major issue that costs over 5K to replace and that's if your engine is not destroyed by the metal that goes through your engine as this gear/sprocket fails. Do a little research and see for yourself there are multiple class action lawsuits regarding this matter and since 2010 MB USA fails to accept responsibility and sticks its customers with this huge repair bill! Beware this issue starts with the P0016 together with the P0017 engine code with failure soon to follow! Also shame on Edmunds for not listing such a well known issue!

Favorite Features

Car is built well and would be nice if the internal engine components were built as well!

Suggested Improvements

Fix this major issue that spans multiple models from 2006-2010...buyer be ware!

Major defect with Mercedes engine components
By md_car_review

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The overall reliability for the 2006-2007 W203s is excellent until you encounter failure of the balance shaft gear. My father owns the 2006 model, and the component failures that he experienced with his car are now mirrored at precisely the same mileage on mine. 1) The thermostat valve tends to fail after around 100,000 km. 2) More importantly, the balance shaft gear fails after around 130-140,000 km. This is a MAJOR DEFECT that MB declines to recall. Essentially the gear wears out prematurely, and if not replaced, the engine will eventually fail. The repair cost is $5-6,000. As a consumer, this is unacceptable. Shame on Mercedes-Benz.

Favorite Features

Ergonomic layout, styling, Lombard support.

Suggested Improvements

The C-class of this generation should have been equipped with Bluetooth as a standard feature.

Best car for me ever
By Lee

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Finally bought myself an early retirement present. Question is. Why did I wait so long? I absolutely love this car. Yes, its the typical Black on black - but hey, it's a Mercedes. Powerful, smooth, and I usually get about 25 mpg in the city which equals to about 350 miles to a tank of gas. The trunk has plenty of room, the heated seats are sweet, the sun roof is excellent. I love the quality and appeal. Should you be able to get your hands on one, you won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Bumper to bumper - a sweet ride.

I really enjoy my new MB C280 (thought purchased USED with 37K miles)
By newmbkid

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I love the car. However the repairs are very expensive. I bought it old from an Accura dealer. I like everything about the car

Favorite Features

Handling is totally superb. very well designed car.

Suggested Improvements

These are some of the repairs suggested by the dealerand it is going to cost $1000s more. 1. Front end alignment and Brake pads wore off with in 37K miles. 2. Now I hear from my service guy that front right Shock absorber may have to be replaced 3. Also heard that MB stopped making connector part where the Blue tooth connects so I have to buy it in secondary market. .

Best of the best
By C Ramey

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This little car feels like a very big car. The size is perfect for me - male 240 pounds. I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway (at 60 mph), and it rides and handles like a much more expensive vehicle. I couldn't be happier with this car - it is the best automobile I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

The ride and the way it handles. Plus the mileage is very nice surprise for a 4 awd.