2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan 3.0L V6 7-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

C280 Luxury Sedan (3.0L V6 7-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Major defect with Mercedes engine components
By md_car_review on 02/08/15 15:31 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

The overall reliability for the 2006-2007 W203s is excellent until you encounter failure of the balance shaft gear. My father owns the 2006 model, and the component failures that he experienced with his car are now mirrored at precisely the same mileage on mine. 1) The thermostat valve tends to fail after around 100,000 km. 2) More importantly, the balance shaft gear fails after around 130-140,000 km. This is a MAJOR DEFECT that MB declines to recall. Essentially the gear wears out prematurely, and if not replaced, the engine will eventually fail. The repair cost is $5-6,000. As a consumer, this is unacceptable. Shame on Mercedes-Benz.

DON'T BUY!
By tell_the_truth on 11/17/13 18:26 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the balance shaft gear failure! This is very common issue in all Mercedes Benz cars that have the M272 engine in it. This is a major issue that costs over 5K to replace and that's if your engine is not destroyed by the metal that goes through your engine as this gear/sprocket fails. Do a little research and see for yourself there are multiple class action lawsuits regarding this matter and since 2010 MB USA fails to accept responsibility and sticks its customers with this huge repair bill! Beware this issue starts with the P0016 together with the P0017 engine code with failure soon to follow! Also shame on Edmunds for not listing such a well known issue!

I really enjoy my new MB C280 (thought purchased USED with 37K miles)
By newmbkid on 06/28/13 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I love the car. However the repairs are very expensive. I bought it old from an Accura dealer. I like everything about the car

Best of the best
By C Ramey on 05/25/09 12:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This little car feels like a very big car. The size is perfect for me - male 240 pounds. I'm getting 30 mpg on the highway (at 60 mph), and it rides and handles like a much more expensive vehicle. I couldn't be happier with this car - it is the best automobile I've ever owned.

Best car for me ever
By Lee on 10/22/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Finally bought myself an early retirement present. Question is. Why did I wait so long? I absolutely love this car. Yes, its the typical Black on black - but hey, it's a Mercedes. Powerful, smooth, and I usually get about 25 mpg in the city which equals to about 350 miles to a tank of gas. The trunk has plenty of room, the heated seats are sweet, the sun roof is excellent. I love the quality and appeal. Should you be able to get your hands on one, you won't be disappointed.

True Luxury in an affordable package!
By Kris, L.A. on 04/28/07 14:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

We love the 3 setting memory seats and power head rests with height adjustment on both sides not just driver. The 7 speed auto transmission with 2 reverse gears is very smooth, giving 30-31mpg highway at 70-75mph on a cross country trip. The power rear sunshade and excellent climate control just seem to work better than in others cars. Surprisingly more leg room and baby seat room than we expected and more than in several much larger vehicles. Most of all, this is just a very quiet, very smooth, truly luxurious vehicle to drive for miles and miles.

OK ride
By DG on 01/23/07 13:30 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This vehicle is a somewhat marginal improvement over the 2004 model we had owned previously. The additional horsepower is welcomed and clearly evident over the 2004. The 7 speed transmission also boosted the long distance MPG to a surprising and respectable 31-32 average. If there is one complaint, it would be the excessive wind noise eminating from the driver side window. To date, all attempts to have the problem rectified have failed. I suppose we will have to just live with the problem until its time to trade again. However, this seemingly small defect will certainly impact our decision to buy a Benz in the future.