Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4MATIC Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

great car.
By wendy white

Outrageous maintenance costs
By Marlo Long

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Mercedes Benz C280 4matic was the worst financial decision I have ever made and will never own another. The car has just under a100,000 miles and I've put over $5,000 in repairs. A few days ago the check engine light came on so once again back to the dealership. The called with a repair estimate for $6,000. Really? I declined the repairs and will be buying a new car today. I doubt if I will get much for trade in given the repair expenses. So it's been an expensive car to own and no resale value. And it didn't even reach 100,000 miles

WOW what a car
By spratt3

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The C280 4matic has been a great car. Runs perfect in the snow! Treat yourself to a great ride.
Service is a bit pricey. Handling is great. Gas is about 25MPG highway @72-75 MPH, 27PMG highway @60-65MPH, 20MPG, city. A few minor problems, but all in all I think you'll love the car like I do.
see suggested improvements for problems I had.

Comfortable Interior, Seats adjust more ways than you need.

Don't park over the cement car stops. After a couple of times you'll pull off the front wheel liners. Cost under $100 to replace. The chrome on the drink holder falls off

Interior Electrical Problems
By Michael

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first purchase of a Mercedes. I've always been a Toyota man. Even though this was a used Mercedes C280 I thought the car was a great investment. However, I'm having electrical problems. First, the car unlocks when I'm driving. This is dangerous as I have my grandkids in the back seat many times. Also, the moon roof will not close all the way. I have to hold the button down until the window is closed. I'm bring this car back to New Country Motors hoping they can fix these problems.

I get 28 miles to the gallon highway and about 18 in the city. This is a fun car to drive. Plenty of room if you are short like me and my wife.

After 1 year
By Geek

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a CPO 280 instead of a new C class, cost was not the issue thought the 2007 drove better. After 1 year and 15,000 I really like everything about this car. Ride is superb in all weather and it holds the road perfectly. Quiet, comfort, very good MPG and zero problems.

Ride, comfort make this car a joy to own and drive. The interior is nothing but high quality and the outside classic Mercedes

The new C-Class was in my opinion a step backward. The steering lost the German feel and appears more like a Chrysler.