2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Excellent Bargain for a great dependable and good looking car !
By mannyb84 on 12/19/13 12:07 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

07 auto c230 , Obtained Ownership 59k in Oct. 2009 The carfax was clean, trans. replaced at 49k by MB. I took the car and was impressed for a 2.5L that it had some performance. I am aware of the balance shaft problem. I had a build date of SEPT 07, so I was in the clear. The transmission shifted smooth and responsive. I always changed the oil with Mobil Synthetic 0W-40. Solid suspension, smooth car, felt safe. Very comfortable car even on long and short drives. I would get about 17city, 33hwy and always filled it with 93 Octane. Lost it during Hurricane Sandy with 84k. Let me just clarify if you maintain the car with a good quality of gas and oil you shouldn't have issues.

Lowest Model Range But Highest Standards.
By redrex on 06/18/11 05:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought 2007 used w/11k runs like a Swiss watch. This car has precision DNA from the quality of fit and finish to highly responsive handling. Replaced oil and tires....that's it. Value for $$ would be difficult to beat. When you look forward to running to the store for milk just to drive your car (even of you don't need milk) you know you have something special.

Best value ever!
By sjb50 on 05/31/11 14:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this in 2007 with 8k miles. Love this car. handles well in sport mode, very peppy, great shifting with 7 speed. Superb mileage, over 30 highway. Comfortable and great in corners.

Poor Reliability
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Initial impressions were good. But then came the problems. Here's a breakdown: 1. Cylinder head replaced due to valve going bad at, get this, 23,000 miles. 2. Left my wife stranded as the fuse box blew a circuit preventing the car from being started. This at just over 26,000 miles. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 3. Left me stranded when the cam positioning sensor went bad at 40,000 miles. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 4. Left me stranded AGAIN when the fuel pump went out a month later. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 5. Found out during this repair I would need to replace both front rotors as they were worn down. At 41,000 miles?

Could be better
By mbcar on 07/06/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car drives great. Average around 30mpg on the highway. Chrome is coming off the gear shifter and cup holder. Cig. lighter does not work, door sensor for windows/sunroof does not work. Dealership fixed door sensor once already. Radio stopped working. Electronics on this car seem to be the weakest point, plus cheap interior parts. 1,000 miles before last oil change the check oil light come on, checked and was 4 qts low on oil. Car only has 43,000 miles on it and doesn't smoke and isn't driven hard. A/C smells like a used tampon on fresh air. I assume it's the fresh air filter. Had to replace both front fender liners - very easy to break.

My Dream Car
By SLKFranklin on 05/24/10 13:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a C230 for a long time. I finally sold my 2007 Ford Fusion and bought a used 2007 C230 Sport. I love this car. Man was it an upgrade from my Fusion. I have read a couple of reviews on here that people have written. There was one person that knocked the C230 on driving in snow. HELLO! It is rear wheel drive. It doesn't matter what brand of car it is. There pretty much isn't a rear wheel drive that is going to be good in the snow. So far the only problem that I have had is my check engine light. I plan on taking it to the MB dealership. I am not worried about it because it is still under the factory warranty. I am looking forward to owning this C Class for many years

C230 sport fun
By isles89 on 05/11/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car is amazingly fun to drive. I have the 6 speed manual. Never felt a clutch as smooth as this one. Fuel economy is not as good as expected. I get about 25 mpg highway. Snow tires are a must! help out so much.

Compact, Luxury, Sport Sedan in One
By Jon on 04/26/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is an amazing car, i got it used at 21k miles, i like the AMG styling (bumpers),sport handling, excellent brakes cross-drilled rotors up front, engine response is great, love the variable valve timing switching from low to high note. 7-speed auto is awesome and the manu-matic shifting is crisp. Seats are comfortable and controls/buttons are placed within reach. Trunk space is big and lots of room.

Happy So Far
By Gary In Mpls on 04/07/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my C230 Sport off lease, with 19,700 miles on it. So far, I love this car! I have never owned a car that handles as well as the C230 does. There is almost none of the "leaning" effect during sharp higher speed turns. I am not sure if this is due to the suspension or the sport tires, but it is great fun to drive. Having driven the car through a Minnesota winter, I would definitely advise buying snow tires. I didn't and some of my snow day commutes were more exciting than I would have wanted. Other reviewers have indicated that snow tires will make difference. I plan to purchase snow tires next year.

Good first car
By Aronky on 02/24/10 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is my first car, it is very safe, I was going very fast and went over a cement pipe that runs under driveways and then hit a ditch. Car should have flipped but didn't and was very safe. I bought another Mercedes afterward. Love the iPod integration seats are comfortable and car looks great. Seats in back are generously spacey for a small car and trunk is huge. Acceleration is pretty good for a low end end Mercedes. Wheels and tires are great but this runs through tires really fast.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.