2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Excellent Bargain for a great dependable and good looking car !
By mannyb84 on 12/19/13 12:07 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

07 auto c230 , Obtained Ownership 59k in Oct. 2009 The carfax was clean, trans. replaced at 49k by MB. I took the car and was impressed for a 2.5L that it had some performance. I am aware of the balance shaft problem. I had a build date of SEPT 07, so I was in the clear. The transmission shifted smooth and responsive. I always changed the oil with Mobil Synthetic 0W-40. Solid suspension, smooth car, felt safe. Very comfortable car even on long and short drives. I would get about 17city, 33hwy and always filled it with 93 Octane. Lost it during Hurricane Sandy with 84k. Let me just clarify if you maintain the car with a good quality of gas and oil you shouldn't have issues.

DON'T BUY!
By tell_the_truth on 11/17/13 18:26 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the balance shaft gear failure! This is very common issue in all Mercedes Benz cars that have the M272 engine in it. This is a major issue that costs over 5K to replace and that's if your engine is not destroyed by the metal that goes through your engine as this gear/sprocket fails. Do a little research and see for yourself there are multiple class action lawsuits regarding this matter and since 2010 MB USA fails to accept responsibility and sticks its customers with this huge repair bill! Beware this issue starts with the P0016 together with the P0017 engine code with failure soon to follow! Also shame on Edmunds for not listing such a well known issue!

I really enjoy my new MB C280 (thought purchased USED with 37K miles)
By newmbkid on 06/28/13 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I love the car. However the repairs are very expensive. I bought it old from an Accura dealer. I like everything about the car

Lowest Model Range But Highest Standards.
By redrex on 06/18/11 05:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought 2007 used w/11k runs like a Swiss watch. This car has precision DNA from the quality of fit and finish to highly responsive handling. Replaced oil and tires....that's it. Value for $$ would be difficult to beat. When you look forward to running to the store for milk just to drive your car (even of you don't need milk) you know you have something special.

Best value ever!
By sjb50 on 05/31/11 14:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this in 2007 with 8k miles. Love this car. handles well in sport mode, very peppy, great shifting with 7 speed. Superb mileage, over 30 highway. Comfortable and great in corners.

WOW what a car
By spratt3 on 01/19/11 14:15 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The C280 4matic has been a great car. Runs perfect in the snow! Treat yourself to a great ride. Service is a bit pricey. Handling is great. Gas is about 25MPG highway @72-75 MPH, 27PMG highway @60-65MPH, 20MPG, city. A few minor problems, but all in all I think you'll love the car like I do. see suggested improvements for problems I had.

Poor Reliability
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Initial impressions were good. But then came the problems. Here's a breakdown: 1. Cylinder head replaced due to valve going bad at, get this, 23,000 miles. 2. Left my wife stranded as the fuse box blew a circuit preventing the car from being started. This at just over 26,000 miles. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 3. Left me stranded when the cam positioning sensor went bad at 40,000 miles. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 4. Left me stranded AGAIN when the fuel pump went out a month later. Had to get the car towed to dealership. 5. Found out during this repair I would need to replace both front rotors as they were worn down. At 41,000 miles?

Interior Electrical Problems
By Michael on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first purchase of a Mercedes. I've always been a Toyota man. Even though this was a used Mercedes C280 I thought the car was a great investment. However, I'm having electrical problems. First, the car unlocks when I'm driving. This is dangerous as I have my grandkids in the back seat many times. Also, the moon roof will not close all the way. I have to hold the button down until the window is closed. I'm bring this car back to New Country Motors hoping they can fix these problems.

Could be better
By mbcar on 07/06/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Car drives great. Average around 30mpg on the highway. Chrome is coming off the gear shifter and cup holder. Cig. lighter does not work, door sensor for windows/sunroof does not work. Dealership fixed door sensor once already. Radio stopped working. Electronics on this car seem to be the weakest point, plus cheap interior parts. 1,000 miles before last oil change the check oil light come on, checked and was 4 qts low on oil. Car only has 43,000 miles on it and doesn't smoke and isn't driven hard. A/C smells like a used tampon on fresh air. I assume it's the fresh air filter. Had to replace both front fender liners - very easy to break.

After 1 year
By Geek on 06/27/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a CPO 280 instead of a new C class, cost was not the issue thought the 2007 drove better. After 1 year and 15,000 I really like everything about this car. Ride is superb in all weather and it holds the road perfectly. Quiet, comfort, very good MPG and zero problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.