2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class 3.0L V6 7-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Small car for small people.

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

Small car for small people.
By Mac Miller on

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a nice drivetrain, giving stout acceleration and 25 mpg while being smooth and quiet. The chassis feels solid, safe. Slow steering and soft shocks make the car a cruiser, not sporty. The interior is very handsome, high quality and nice to be in. I'm selling this car. At 6ft/200lbs I don't fit in it. The car's center door post is forward of the driver's seatback, blocking exit from the car. To exit the seat I have to swing both my legs out first, hook my left elbow out around the center post and leverage my way out between the post and steering wheel. If the side of the car is dirty so is my shirt sleeve. The things you don't notice until after time!

Favorite Features

Quality construction, style, engine and transmission performance, Mercedes service.

Suggested Improvements

The car is fine as is for what it is: a small luxury cruiser. Me, I'm going back to a two-door with a rearset center post or a larger car altogether like the new diesel Mercedes SUVs.