Quality problems for Mercedes Benz
By Chris on
2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)
Buying a Mercedes Benz was the worst decision I have ever made when it came to buying a new car. With a name like Mercedes, I thought I was buying the best quality available on the market. Boy, was I wrong. After having only 16,000 miles on my vehicle, I noticed that there was damage to the rotors, so I took my car in for a brake inspection. The service advisor told me that the wear was normal, and that I would have to replace the rotor and the front brakes at a cost of $450- $500. The advisor told me that Mercedes uses a different metal for the pads, and a thin rotor so all Mercedes owners can expect to replace rotors and brakes every 16,000 to 20,000 miles. What kind of quality is that? By the way, my girlfriend has a 2006 C230 also with 4100 miles, and we had to take it in to replace the electronic cluster that displays all the info to the driver.
Favorite Features
The C230 was a fun car to drive, but that fun ends when you have to come out of your pocket to pay for parts that you expect to last.
Suggested Improvements
Mercedes has some serious issues when it comes to quality, and durability. I would suggest anyone looking for an entry level luxury car to definitely avoid Mercedes Benz.