2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Nice Vehicle, But Depreciated

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C230 Sport Sedan (2.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Nice Vehicle, But Depreciated Too Fast
By Hodge52 on

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 C230 new and loved it- -it handle extremely well and had good acceleration and superb braking. But the back seat was cramped for adults, so I finally decided to sell it. I cannot rate the vehicle as a good investment, because of its depreciation. The Kelly Blue Book value I advertised drew little interest, so I lowered the price. Then I looked at Kelly Blue Book a week later and the car had depreciated another $1500! I then unloaded it as fast as I could, at $17,000, and felt lucky to get even that. (Dealers only offered $14,600 for it on trade!) I paid $33k for the car, and am disappointed it depreciated so much with only 27k miles and being only 34 months old.

Handling, accleration, braking, stability on the road, overall safety. The car is also a bit of a status symbol and drew a lot of favorable comments from people.

Larger back seat--they improved it some for 2008. If the car had had a larger back seat, I would have kept it until it wore out. I think unless you have a lot of money, that's the only way to own one and come out well.