2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Expected longer romance for th

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

Expected longer romance for the money
By Damonndallas on

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My C280 is the sixth MB I have owned from the same dealership. I have always been happy, until this car. At first, it was what I had come to expect from MB. Now, after 64,000 miles, there are creaks and squeaks, the "check engine" light comes and goes, and the silver trim on the interior is peeling away. Adding the ultimate insult, I visited the dealership to trade for a new one, and was offered $12,000 for trade. YIKES! On a three year old car! The resale value was enough to send me running to the nearest Cadillac dealership, and the plastic finish in the C300 didn't help. The CTS 3.6L out performed the C300 hands down. The luxury finish out sealed the deal.

Style and comfort. The C280 is a cruiser. A little small for trips over 4 hours, but a great way to get there if you have to drive.

NEVER go cheap on the interior of a European luxury car! For $41,000, I expect the interior to go the distance.