2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Classy Performer
By Thomas on 03/05/06 08:54 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Having looked at all competing models, the 2006 C230 is easly my favorite. I've had it for about 7 weeks and still have to pinch myself ever morning before driving to work. It's easly the most timless design inside and out with superb detailing, fit and finish. I constantly receive looks of admiration and positive feedback. The perfomance is excellent in every way. The only notable exception is the occassional lack of transmission responsivness at lower rpm range. This is somewhat unacceptable for a sports sedan. Freeway perfomance is excellent, with amazing acceleration and incredible braking power. I often find myself driving too fast because of how smooth, quiet and solid the car is.

My Benz
By Paul Heemskerk on 02/22/06 11:14 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love the feel of the steering. i love the memory seats and steering wheel. The stereo sounds great and it looks so good in black. I have a 2004 Acura TL and this car is now my favorite to drive. Its not fast like my TL but the steering feel is much better. maybe because its rear wheel drive instead of friont drive. The car also goes over the bumps in the road smoothly. the car feels so solid. Wish it had a few more options for the money but still it is a great vehicle even if a little pricey for what you get in comparison to the Japanese cars.

CAUTION
By Steve on 02/22/06 00:41 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Looks can be deceptive. The C230 is a very good looking car. I have owned this car for two months, and unfortunitly, so far the bad out ways the good. At 1200 miles the car has been to the dealer twice for the same items (trans slip, & gas mileage) Expect city mileage around 13 to 16, and maybe 25 on the highway if your going downhill. Gas mileage is a really big issue because performance of the C230 does not overcome the poor gas mileage, far under advertised. Would I buy a BMW 3 Series over the C230, probably not, but yet again I probably would not buy another Mercedes based on my current experience.

Truth after the deal
By KL on 02/21/06 20:22 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased a new sport C 230 with a navigation package. The car is fun to drive but a few mistakes can really cost you a lot. The front end is low to the ground and easily bumps into things like parking blocks or low curbs. The wheels are beautiful but very expensive along with the high performance tires. When parking the car care must be taken not to hit the curb or else you will hear $ signs scraping away...The navigation system is not user friendly but once programed is very accurate and fun to follow. My truth in a reccomendation would be to take a longer look at the competion.. I now wish I had..

325 Vs. 230
By Ken From Cal. on 01/30/06 18:58 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd MB, the 1st 92'E300. My wife owns a '00 BMW 323 since birth. And before I purchased the C230, I test drove the new '06 BMW 325. The cockpit is very ergo for my wife & I, she's 5' 00" and I'm 5'10". In Automatic mode, from the start, the take off studders, however, in manual mode, the power is in your hands and I feel a smoother acceleration. Two driving modes, "cold" & "summer". When "cold" is engage, the car feels extra stable and driving feels safe. I didn't feel this w/ the 325.

Poor man's C55
By James on 01/18/06 01:18 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am truely impressed by my 2006 Mercedes C350 Sport sedan. I had to wait about 2 months to get this car because at that time of release, there were no 6 speed manual available. I got mine fully loaded except for the heated front seats. Total came out to about $44,375 before taxes. For a car this size, the ride is very comfortable. The 6 speed is very easy to shift, the clutch is very soft. It is very hard to stall in this car. Acceleration is very quick. You can get to highway speeds in less than 6 seconds. The bi-xenon lights are very bright which I think are the best out there. The interior fit and finish is top notch. There are no rattles so far. The seats are very supportive.

Here is my early review...
By ENTYME69 on 01/05/06 13:20 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I took possession of my Silver C230 in December. Although it's too early for a full review, here are my thoughts so far. This is my first Benz. It definitely has more of a solid feel vs other cars I have driven ('98 Maxima). It's not as high a performance beast as the BMW 325 miight be, but the 201hp is more than enough to move around. The car is a little hesitant from a dead stop, but it drives smoothly once you get going. Gas has been as expected, obviously better on the highway than when you are stoping at every light & stop sign. The car carries that certain feeling that others in its class do not. It may not be the best value or offer the most, but you feel safe driving it. I like it.

No C student
By bzarlzar on 01/02/06 02:27 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2002 C240 for a 2006 C280...comparitively, it was as if I just walked into a cheap E class. While the C240 was a great deal at the time and a good first into into the Mercedes line, the C280 is just loads more fun, far more luxurious and a hell of a lot faster. The styling and appointments are significantly plush and sophisticated than both the Audi A4 and the BMW 3 series, and I know it gets more admiring double takes than either of the others. I can't imagine that there is a better deal under $40k for German engineering than the 2006 C280.

Great Car!
By Christian on 12/25/05 22:25 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for 2 months now, and I love every minute I drive it. I have a 6 speed manual, and its shifting is so smooth, and has amazing power and pickup, with decent fuel economy (23/30). So far I haven't had any problems with it. I'd definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone considering it. The V6 is definitely a plus compared to the old 1.8 I4 vacuum sounding engine from previous years

C280
By Dan on 12/24/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a great automobile to drive. Ride,comfort and performance are outstanding. Build qualiy is excellent and the C280 is just the right size for getting around town or on the interstate.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.