Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Not Such A Good Choice
By First Timer

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've had my '06 C280 for about 14 months now. I have had it into the dealer five times, each time with a list of minor problems. The last visit, three weeks ago, the transmission was replaced under warranty. Plenty of squeaks, rattles and vibrations. Transmission still seems to make a funny noise. My center console cover has come off four times. This is my first and last Mercedes. They have sacrificed quality and reliability.

Sound system, handling

Reliability overall. Too small for anyone over 6" 200 lbs. Center console needs redesign. Glove box is so small it is useless. Trunk is very small for a sedan.

Good deal
By big george

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, very peppy motor, ride is superb, very quiet motor, no rattles. It is too small inside for a $43000 msrp. Some poor design choices inside such as too many knobs to activate radio and hvac, should be push button. Steering wheel controls do not include all of the functions that are common to better designed steering wheel controls. Getting out of driver's seat is not easy for guys over 200 lbs. Nonetheless, my son loves driving the car and I think its exterior lines are awesome. No troubles after 5000 miles. Though I am wary of keeping it beyond the warranty period due to MB recent history build quality

Auto up/down windows

Eliminate knob controls, add compass,

Mercedes C280
By Theresa

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drove an Audi previously and it doesn't compare. This car has given me almost no problems in 2 years now. The only problem I ran into was getting 2 bubbles in my front tires. The car functions exceptional and would recommend this car to anyone. I'm in my early 20's and chose this car over Audi and BMW.

Navigation system

Cup holders in the backseat

My Mercedes
By Busy Mom

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my car for 15,700 miles now. I had a wreck that caused over $ 14,000 in damage when I hit a tree but I walked away with no injuries, not even a headache. Airbag didn't even go off due to location of impact and I was still unharmed. I was leary about repair due to amount of damage but frame was unharmed. It is just like new. Love the looks, comfort, and especially the safety.

Stereo system, one push window down or up, leg room in back seat, cup holders, IPOD connections with steering wheel controls for all features.

Would like a larger area next to driver's seat where a woman's purse would fit. There is nowhere to put it other than in the back seat or in the passenger's floorboard if you have a front seat passenger. Wish it took regular unleaded gas instead of medium. Wish front passenger seat was electric.

Problems
By c-class no good

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

So my fiance got a C230. Had 400 miles when we met. But noticed a weird noise so took it to dealer and they replaced power steering assembly and that was at 400 miles! Then at 5000 miles idler pulley was replaced and sunroof needed reprogramming. Then now at 7600ish miles annoying rattling noise started to appear. This is a fun car but not really reliable vehicle. I cannot imagine drivng this vehicle without a warranty.

Looks, wheels, radio, safety features

Quality!