2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great ride for the money
By rush on 03/30/06 20:31 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Really a smooth, quite ride with good acceleration. Great turning radius - much better than the S60 Volvo awd. Also responds better to the road the the Volvo or the Jag x type. Controls are confusing, setting the dials requires a look at the manual each time. Like the visability from the drivers seat - judging the front end is easier with the mercedes emblem out front. Very few blind spots. AWD responds real well in the snow - stabilizes quite well.

C230
By Brenda on 03/23/06 18:06 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first Mercedes that I have owned. I traded in a 2004 Nissan 350Z. I must say this car is just about the name Mercedes. Very sluggish, no power. Have had problems with the center console locking. The interior is only part leather, just doesn't have that new car feel. The seats aren't that comfortable, and the airconditioner is just ok. Turn signal is very loud.

Smart and Sporty
By Mark Ching on 03/23/06 02:03 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first fully loaded C230WZ Benz. I was fortunate to find a silver w/ ash interior. The car is a head turner. I've cruised down to Waikiki beach and tourist end up taking pictures of the car as if they've never seen anything like it! I have to admit I can't seem to take my eyes off it. I think it's a great car with plenty of appeal inside and out.

Charles' Review
By CHARLES on 03/17/06 11:28 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven the car 13,000 miles since September. Car has been a joy to drive. Handles great with great gas mileage, esp highway (32 MPG). It is a great looking car with the AMG package. Could use a little more power off the line but has good acceleration past 25 mph. The base stereo system is better than expected.

Class and Sporty
By RJ on 03/13/06 18:53 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Two thumbs up for the new V6 for 2006 Powerful and sporty.. not to mention the nice drive with class and style.

Pretty Outside
By New 2.5L V6 by Britt on 03/13/06 13:25 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my second MB December 2005. It is a 2006 C230 Sport. My first MB was a 2000 C230 Kompressor. The body of the 2006 Sport is so pretty. It gets a lot of great looks. The pick-up is much slower than the Kompressor and the braking system is very rough. On cold mornings there is a knocking noise in the engine, but goes away after the car warms up. In town the car is not near as smooth as the kompressor and seems to jerk when slowing down. When out on the interstate, the 2006 runs very smooth and has a big car feel. I did get the 3 level seat memory which is great and I like the screen in the back. Living in Florida, the sun is hard on the interior.

Luxury Ride
By gretchan on 03/06/06 06:19 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is like riding on a cloud. The ride is very smooth and luxurious. It is easy to drive and easy to maneuver. I average between 26-28 MPG on the highway. If you are looking for luxury, look no further than the Mercedes C280. I also recommend getting the 4-matic. It is great in the snow.

Classy Performer
By Thomas on 03/05/06 08:54 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Having looked at all competing models, the 2006 C230 is easly my favorite. I've had it for about 7 weeks and still have to pinch myself ever morning before driving to work. It's easly the most timless design inside and out with superb detailing, fit and finish. I constantly receive looks of admiration and positive feedback. The perfomance is excellent in every way. The only notable exception is the occassional lack of transmission responsivness at lower rpm range. This is somewhat unacceptable for a sports sedan. Freeway perfomance is excellent, with amazing acceleration and incredible braking power. I often find myself driving too fast because of how smooth, quiet and solid the car is.

Fun car
By Gary Daugharty on 03/03/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I am retired and wanted a own a car that would be fun to drive and purchased the C-55 AMG model. I drive it to San Diego twice a year a distance of 1300 miles each way and will drive for a period up to 12 hours a day.I enjoy the drive and never get stiff or sore from the long hours. The car looks and runs great with all the power I need. I get lots of compliments on how good it looks.

My Benz
By Paul Heemskerk on 02/22/06 11:14 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love the feel of the steering. i love the memory seats and steering wheel. The stereo sounds great and it looks so good in black. I have a 2004 Acura TL and this car is now my favorite to drive. Its not fast like my TL but the steering feel is much better. maybe because its rear wheel drive instead of friont drive. The car also goes over the bumps in the road smoothly. the car feels so solid. Wish it had a few more options for the money but still it is a great vehicle even if a little pricey for what you get in comparison to the Japanese cars.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.