Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Not worth the price
By Not worth it

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2004 C230K which I loved and thought I was getting a good deal. I was very dissappointed with the performance and quality of this car. Gas mileage is terrible and then was caught of guard by the cost of the schedule maintanance. It used to be included with the price of the car but now you have to pay for it and it is expensive. Then I had to replace the tires at 25,000 miles and they were not cheap, The car is also very sluggish and I had several electrical problems that they couldn't solve. I felt at the price I was paying the quality of the car and the service should have been better. My suggestion buy a BMW you will get better mpg and service is included in the price.

Exterior appearance. It is a Mercedes after all

Needs overall better quality and scheduled service included in the price would be a big plus

Sexy car, a wee bit underpowered
By John

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used with about 25,000 miles on it. It is a base model, not many extras. The stereo system is excellent for sound but dated from a feature perspective. It is a great looking car, but I would like a bit more power. I added the H&R Sway bar kit to get better handling, zimmerman cross drilled rear rotors and SS lines. Can't do much with the engine, aftermarket parts are way over priced! I drive it in S mode except for long highway trips, I really like it for what it is. Decent gas economy, but upkeep is not cheap either. A good mix of price, looks, and performance.

Security system, body style.

201hp is a bit wanting for agressive driving, would like an increase and run on regular gas. Better features for stereo, update to current bluetooth, etc. Get rid of that outdated phone system!

Maintenance Beware
By Tru Facts B4 U buy

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Extremely happy with vehicle: performance, feel, handling, etc. Very unhappy with hidden maintenance. I expressed early concerns about this and all is not what it seems. 24k miles on vehicle atm 2 services A & B $700 (with discount coupons) need pads $230-$250, rotors $500-$650, 3 Tires (cant rotate uses dif. size on front and back) $270 Each For a total of $2410.00! When i said this is a bit much to service manager for a $30k car was told its normal maintenance. That adds minimum of $10K to cost of vehicle over a 6 yr period thats insane. When I said that the tires are warrantied for 50k miles or 48 months was told not against wear and tear only defects? Beware buyer get it in writing

The drive and power. Mine is a manual 6 spd. Love the feel of control

Perfect combination
By Jacques Dermosessian

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

The combination of the engine power relative to the body size & weight makes it just perfect! I have always disliked Mercedes shapes especially interior, but the C55 made me become a fan of Benz. I enjoy most the low profile exterior of the C55 that only specialists know what's going on inside that car. in sum, I like the mixture of luxury & sportiness of the C55 AMG. Last car was Audi A8 4.2 quattro, and the stability of the C55 when ESP is off gives you real adrenaline rush on turns because it is really designed in a responsive way and is willing to coop by the second with the driver's style. With all due modesty, you have to know how to drive the C55 to take out the cars frustration !

All of it

Wish it came with more horsepower--- 500hps applied to that car, and I would be driving it for the rest of my life...

2006 CPO C280
By JT

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased this one year old former dealer loaner after an extensive online search. Ive mostly owned Japanese cars before, with one long term Volvo. This MB, like the Volvo, is a driver's car, not an owner's car. It handles beautifully, is a great highway cruiser, is sharp looking and, so far, trouble free. I didnt get awd, tho Im now in the snowbelt, and I dont take it out in the snow much at all. Its fine around town, but its real strength is on the highway, very solid and sure, a real pleasure to drive. If it remains trouble free it will be a winner.

7 sp auto trans, handling, 32mpg highway, 24mpg city (tho premium fuel), solidity, power.

Hard seats, no manual radio station scrolling,