Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Never thought I would buy pre-owned
By Pantina-Dick

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Contacted by local MB dealer when car was traded for 2009 model. Vehicle only had 7700 miles and was in super condition. Paid 20M and could not be more pleased with ride and comfort features. Great handling and secure safe feeling. Still has great looks and elegant lines.

AWD especially since we recently had 2 back to back snow events, Harmon Kardon sound system, fold down rear seats, comfortable ride, feeling of security and safety.

Although it did not have blue tooth, purchased blue ant for $104 hands free and works perfectly.

Perfect so far
By Gary

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased used with 24k. still under warranty. Ride is quiet and firm. Gas mileage is 25 in town 30 on the hwy. Stereo is exceptional. Brakes are first rate. Turns on a dime. No shakes, rattles or rolls. No squeaks,thumps,or vibrations of any kind.Transmission is smooth and fun to drive in sports, manual mode. No problems at all in 10k of daily driving. A great car so far.

Exterior and interior layout, very sporty appearance overall. Dual zone heat and AC work very well. Built in garage door opener on rear view mirror is a nice touch.

More horsepower. Turbo charger would be nice. Thicker seats and get rid of the lower door panels cheap cloth coverings.

Good looking but a lemon
By Devan

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

When I first got the car I fell in love with the way it handled, looked, and the gawking that I got from other drivers when they saw the big ol' star on the hood. However this car is a true Chrysler product, I have owned it about a year and a half now, it has been towed in immobile three times, one time a pulley ceased, next time the electrical, most recent the "accelerator pedal" malfunctioned making the tranny immobile. After I purchased it I had problems with the sun roof not automatically closing as it was supposed to, took them six times in the shop to fix it. Anything to do to this car repair wise (oil, tires, brakes) is way overpriced. Disappointed with the car, thought it was better

Styling, handling, speakers are great.

Reliability, this car is a joke to own, I have 8k more miles till I am out of warranty and I am petrified, I am looking to trade it in and cut my losses. The engine almost seems to small to carry the car, does not like to get up and go with out a whine. Bring back the total maintenance program.

Outstanding Value
By al s

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The MB 2006 C280 fourmatic is a fun car to own. I bought it for 26000 with almost 11000 miles on it. It's powerful and on long trips there's good fuel economy to be had, even around town 21-22 mpg isn't bad, on trips upwards of 30 mpg. You'll forget that the soul of this car is a sportscar. What will make you remember is its preformance and power. It handles quite well at high speeds on turns, and stops on a dime. The turning radius is very sharp too. I have driven many cars and this car might be the best for value. I absolutely would recommend the MB C280 fourmatic to anyone

Steering wheel controls, cruise control, sound system, moon roof.

I don't have memory seats I would suggest those, they sold the one I wanted with memory seats.

Not worth the price
By Not worth it

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2004 C230K which I loved and thought I was getting a good deal. I was very dissappointed with the performance and quality of this car. Gas mileage is terrible and then was caught of guard by the cost of the schedule maintanance. It used to be included with the price of the car but now you have to pay for it and it is expensive. Then I had to replace the tires at 25,000 miles and they were not cheap, The car is also very sluggish and I had several electrical problems that they couldn't solve. I felt at the price I was paying the quality of the car and the service should have been better. My suggestion buy a BMW you will get better mpg and service is included in the price.

Exterior appearance. It is a Mercedes after all

Needs overall better quality and scheduled service included in the price would be a big plus