2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Geared too low / Poor gas Mileage
By P3 IFO on 05/04/06 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I love the car. 4500 miles with no repair issues. Car handles and rides great. Low road noise. Very good looking car. I have 3 minor issues; Manual transmission is geared to low, need a different rear end. This leads to poor fuel economy. Driving conservitavily I get 17-20 mpg around town. At 3500 miles the engine developed a low pitched howl. Dealer say it the metal chain on a nylon sprocket that drives the oil pump

2006 C230 Mars Red/Black Interior
By OD on 05/03/06 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought the wife the new '06 c230 7 speed automatic Sport, she loves it. The car handles great since she was coming off the H3 go figure how good we are doing with gas prices these days. The exterior is good looking and I wish it would come with leather instead of the half/half. Great looking car overall.

Sam's Baby
By Sue on 04/30/06 04:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Mercedes all of my adult life. My husband finally bought me one for our 30 anniversary. I love it! It's my baby! My old car is only two years old but when I drive it it feels like it is 10 years old. Nothing drives better than my Mercedes. I look forward to my next one. I hope that I will have the chance to move up to an even nicer model.

Mercedes-Benz great car
By c21sasa on 04/20/06 12:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my C230 about a month ago and it is really a nice car. Great interior and exterior. Comes standard with very nice 17 inch Mercedes rims and has that classy but sporty look to it. It has a 6 cylinder engine that gives 201 horses. While going 100 mph on the highway it feels like you're going 50. if you're going to buy a car in the $30-40,000 dollar range I highly suggest you look at the C230

Very Nice car
By jasonvc on 04/18/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

For an entry level Mercedes this car has a lot of features and is very nice to drive. Handling is tight, engine is quick and the turning radius is awesome.

Don't waste your money
By Adam on 04/16/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is not worth the money, at all. I have had numerous problems with this car, which are all well known by the dealers, but they won't acknowledge them until you bring it in for repairs. My dash squeeks, the front end can not be alined properly, the pressure in the fuel tank goes 'thud, thud, thud' all the time, the electronics don't work 15% of the time, the seats are uncomfortable, I have a re-call notice for the airbag system, it has very little power, 7 speed transmision is not fun to use, and the lay out of the instrument pannel is down right awful. I would suggest buying the E350 or Acura TL, but do not waste your money on this car. This is a poor Mercedes.

Still the best
By Jake on 04/09/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

What an impressive value! The styling is fantastic- they really did it right with the wheels and tires combination. Even the brake clipers say Mercedes on them (my friend's $70,000 Audi doesn't). I've only put 1,500 miles on it in 4 months and it lives in the garage, but is an absolute joy to drive. Pickup with the 6sp manual seems pretty good, but I haven't seen the economy on the sticker yet. Nicely equipped too, with lots of standards like the power seat, rain sensing windshield wipers, automatic headlights, sunshade, etc. Great value- I looked at the IS250, but Mercedes is still the best.

Outstanding car for the money
By Steve on 04/09/06 06:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Mercedes. The car feels much bigger than it is. Gas mileage is around 24 in town and close to 30 on long trips. Love the looks and the styling with the low profile tires and wheels. Fit and finish of the car is outstanding.

My Brand New Toy!
By Robert on 04/06/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've only had my brand new black 2006 C350 luxury sedan for one week but wanted to give you my very first impressions. I bought it on a whim, giving up a car I loved (BMW 325i), so I was more than a little hesitant. However, my initial reaction is I'm currently very pleased and hope it continues. The car is roomy, beautiful inside and out, and the 268hp engine gives it plenty of get up and go. You can hardly feel the steering it's so smooth. So, I'll write again in a few months to let you know if the love affair continues...but my first impression is that this is a very nice car!

Drives like a dream
By MN on 04/04/06 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Recently bought this car and it is a dream to drive it. Really smooth! Have the automatic transmission, which lets you select between sports style or comfort. If you select sprt style it is a more agressive engine! More fun to drive!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.