Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Nice Vehicle, But Depreciated Too Fast
By Hodge52

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 C230 new and loved it- -it handle extremely well and had good acceleration and superb braking. But the back seat was cramped for adults, so I finally decided to sell it. I cannot rate the vehicle as a good investment, because of its depreciation. The Kelly Blue Book value I advertised drew little interest, so I lowered the price. Then I looked at Kelly Blue Book a week later and the car had depreciated another $1500! I then unloaded it as fast as I could, at $17,000, and felt lucky to get even that. (Dealers only offered $14,600 for it on trade!) I paid $33k for the car, and am disappointed it depreciated so much with only 27k miles and being only 34 months old.

Favorite Features

Handling, accleration, braking, stability on the road, overall safety. The car is also a bit of a status symbol and drew a lot of favorable comments from people.

Suggested Improvements

Larger back seat--they improved it some for 2008. If the car had had a larger back seat, I would have kept it until it wore out. I think unless you have a lot of money, that's the only way to own one and come out well.

Never thought I would buy pre-owned
By Pantina-Dick

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Contacted by local MB dealer when car was traded for 2009 model. Vehicle only had 7700 miles and was in super condition. Paid 20M and could not be more pleased with ride and comfort features. Great handling and secure safe feeling. Still has great looks and elegant lines.

Favorite Features

AWD especially since we recently had 2 back to back snow events, Harmon Kardon sound system, fold down rear seats, comfortable ride, feeling of security and safety.

Suggested Improvements

Although it did not have blue tooth, purchased blue ant for $104 hands free and works perfectly.

Perfect so far
By Gary

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased used with 24k. still under warranty. Ride is quiet and firm. Gas mileage is 25 in town 30 on the hwy. Stereo is exceptional. Brakes are first rate. Turns on a dime. No shakes, rattles or rolls. No squeaks,thumps,or vibrations of any kind.Transmission is smooth and fun to drive in sports, manual mode. No problems at all in 10k of daily driving. A great car so far.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior layout, very sporty appearance overall. Dual zone heat and AC work very well. Built in garage door opener on rear view mirror is a nice touch.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower. Turbo charger would be nice. Thicker seats and get rid of the lower door panels cheap cloth coverings.

Good looking but a lemon
By Devan

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

When I first got the car I fell in love with the way it handled, looked, and the gawking that I got from other drivers when they saw the big ol' star on the hood. However this car is a true Chrysler product, I have owned it about a year and a half now, it has been towed in immobile three times, one time a pulley ceased, next time the electrical, most recent the "accelerator pedal" malfunctioned making the tranny immobile. After I purchased it I had problems with the sun roof not automatically closing as it was supposed to, took them six times in the shop to fix it. Anything to do to this car repair wise (oil, tires, brakes) is way overpriced. Disappointed with the car, thought it was better

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, speakers are great.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, this car is a joke to own, I have 8k more miles till I am out of warranty and I am petrified, I am looking to trade it in and cut my losses. The engine almost seems to small to carry the car, does not like to get up and go with out a whine. Bring back the total maintenance program.

Outstanding Value
By al s

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The MB 2006 C280 fourmatic is a fun car to own. I bought it for 26000 with almost 11000 miles on it. It's powerful and on long trips there's good fuel economy to be had, even around town 21-22 mpg isn't bad, on trips upwards of 30 mpg. You'll forget that the soul of this car is a sportscar. What will make you remember is its preformance and power. It handles quite well at high speeds on turns, and stops on a dime. The turning radius is very sharp too. I have driven many cars and this car might be the best for value. I absolutely would recommend the MB C280 fourmatic to anyone

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, cruise control, sound system, moon roof.

Suggested Improvements

I don't have memory seats I would suggest those, they sold the one I wanted with memory seats.