Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

My first AMG
By doorman

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my C55AMG from a friend and I am very happy that I did. Incredibly fun to drive, has a sports car feel with a European sedan look. It is a real sleeper except to those who know AMG, and I am surprised how many people know AMG. Ride is a bit stiff but the handling makes up for it. I'm getting 22+mpg on the road and 19mpg around town if I'm not on the gas.

The sedan look with all the power under the hood and the low rumble the exhaust makes.

I got what I wanted. I am 6' tall so it would have been nice to have a handle to grab to get in and out of the car. Once in place it's great though.

Nice Car, Could be better for the price
By indianguy

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used 22K Miles (Paid 17.5K - yeah rubbing it in) Car is fun to drive, perfect for the Driver who wants a sports car which can also drive like a luxury car when you need it. I have always been a Lexus owner, the one thing that stands up when I get into the C350 is the Plastic. Even my 8 yr old RX doesn't look this cheap inside.

Good Drive Characteristics, Handling. Quiet interior

For 40K, I think MB can do a bit better in the interior. Accessories cost an arm and two legs

Very Pleased - with fingers crossed
By DGS49

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a HOOT to drive! It corners, brakes, and accelerates very nicely. It has just enough power to be fun, yet gets great mileage with the 6M. Although the interior is not spacious, the seats are comfortable and supportive. I'm not a stereo buff, but I think the sound system is great. My only criticism of the driving experience is that the steering is over-assisted and lacks feel. I've had no reliability issues thus far, and the dealer even replaced a hard-to-get-at bulb under warranty. I am using 4 snows and it has gone great in snow and ice, despite being RWD. There is some flexibility in tire sizing, and I was able to get 17" snows very reasonably from Tire Rack.

Handling, fuel economy, appearance, stereo, maneuverability (turning circle is unbelievable).

None. It is what it is: a small, fairly economical sporty car, which can be had (used) at a very reasonable price. I have yet to experience the reliability issues mentioned by others here, and I am limiting my miles on the M-B to extend the warranty as long as possible.

So far so good
By ninocalifa

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have bought this car used, and so far I am happy. The fuel economy I have been getting is an average of 25 mpg, what is not bad considering that this is a sport car. If you drive city only that will drop badly, but on high way it is very efficient. There are only two things I disliked: 1) The fact that MB did not make the phone system standard, it is pre-wired, so you have to buy the module, which cost $600 online or $1500 at the MB dealer. 2) The seats should be fully electric and not only two ways. If you are selling a luxury car, it is expected at least that.

The sport package is a lot of fun. Very nice to drive especially on the corners.

Seats should be fully electric. Bluetooth phone module should be standard. Ipod input should be standard.

Nice Vehicle, But Depreciated Too Fast
By Hodge52

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 C230 new and loved it- -it handle extremely well and had good acceleration and superb braking. But the back seat was cramped for adults, so I finally decided to sell it. I cannot rate the vehicle as a good investment, because of its depreciation. The Kelly Blue Book value I advertised drew little interest, so I lowered the price. Then I looked at Kelly Blue Book a week later and the car had depreciated another $1500! I then unloaded it as fast as I could, at $17,000, and felt lucky to get even that. (Dealers only offered $14,600 for it on trade!) I paid $33k for the car, and am disappointed it depreciated so much with only 27k miles and being only 34 months old.

Handling, accleration, braking, stability on the road, overall safety. The car is also a bit of a status symbol and drew a lot of favorable comments from people.

Larger back seat--they improved it some for 2008. If the car had had a larger back seat, I would have kept it until it wore out. I think unless you have a lot of money, that's the only way to own one and come out well.