Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Very Pleased - with fingers crossed
By DGS49

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a HOOT to drive! It corners, brakes, and accelerates very nicely. It has just enough power to be fun, yet gets great mileage with the 6M. Although the interior is not spacious, the seats are comfortable and supportive. I'm not a stereo buff, but I think the sound system is great. My only criticism of the driving experience is that the steering is over-assisted and lacks feel. I've had no reliability issues thus far, and the dealer even replaced a hard-to-get-at bulb under warranty. I am using 4 snows and it has gone great in snow and ice, despite being RWD. There is some flexibility in tire sizing, and I was able to get 17" snows very reasonably from Tire Rack.

Handling, fuel economy, appearance, stereo, maneuverability (turning circle is unbelievable).

None. It is what it is: a small, fairly economical sporty car, which can be had (used) at a very reasonable price. I have yet to experience the reliability issues mentioned by others here, and I am limiting my miles on the M-B to extend the warranty as long as possible.

So far so good
By ninocalifa

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have bought this car used, and so far I am happy. The fuel economy I have been getting is an average of 25 mpg, what is not bad considering that this is a sport car. If you drive city only that will drop badly, but on high way it is very efficient. There are only two things I disliked: 1) The fact that MB did not make the phone system standard, it is pre-wired, so you have to buy the module, which cost $600 online or $1500 at the MB dealer. 2) The seats should be fully electric and not only two ways. If you are selling a luxury car, it is expected at least that.

The sport package is a lot of fun. Very nice to drive especially on the corners.

Seats should be fully electric. Bluetooth phone module should be standard. Ipod input should be standard.

Nice Vehicle, But Depreciated Too Fast
By Hodge52

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006 C230 new and loved it- -it handle extremely well and had good acceleration and superb braking. But the back seat was cramped for adults, so I finally decided to sell it. I cannot rate the vehicle as a good investment, because of its depreciation. The Kelly Blue Book value I advertised drew little interest, so I lowered the price. Then I looked at Kelly Blue Book a week later and the car had depreciated another $1500! I then unloaded it as fast as I could, at $17,000, and felt lucky to get even that. (Dealers only offered $14,600 for it on trade!) I paid $33k for the car, and am disappointed it depreciated so much with only 27k miles and being only 34 months old.

Handling, accleration, braking, stability on the road, overall safety. The car is also a bit of a status symbol and drew a lot of favorable comments from people.

Larger back seat--they improved it some for 2008. If the car had had a larger back seat, I would have kept it until it wore out. I think unless you have a lot of money, that's the only way to own one and come out well.

Never thought I would buy pre-owned
By Pantina-Dick

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Contacted by local MB dealer when car was traded for 2009 model. Vehicle only had 7700 miles and was in super condition. Paid 20M and could not be more pleased with ride and comfort features. Great handling and secure safe feeling. Still has great looks and elegant lines.

AWD especially since we recently had 2 back to back snow events, Harmon Kardon sound system, fold down rear seats, comfortable ride, feeling of security and safety.

Although it did not have blue tooth, purchased blue ant for $104 hands free and works perfectly.

Perfect so far
By Gary

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased used with 24k. still under warranty. Ride is quiet and firm. Gas mileage is 25 in town 30 on the hwy. Stereo is exceptional. Brakes are first rate. Turns on a dime. No shakes, rattles or rolls. No squeaks,thumps,or vibrations of any kind.Transmission is smooth and fun to drive in sports, manual mode. No problems at all in 10k of daily driving. A great car so far.

Exterior and interior layout, very sporty appearance overall. Dual zone heat and AC work very well. Built in garage door opener on rear view mirror is a nice touch.

More horsepower. Turbo charger would be nice. Thicker seats and get rid of the lower door panels cheap cloth coverings.