2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Enjoyable drive
By KS on 11/14/06 17:48 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 7 months now. To sum my experience up: I like it. Love the look (mine is black). The one-hour drive I spend everyday to/from work is enjoyable, relaxing and comfortable. The car is very responsive (for a mild driver), turns corners very well. It feels 'solid' as you maneuver it. I did not like the fact that the default CD does not read MP3 files, which was not mentioned anywhere when I did my research before purchase (fortunately I got the 6CD option). Gas mileage for my first 8000 city/highway miles is around 26.5MPG. Having seen some complaints about Benz's reliability elsewhere, mine is so far trouble-free. Hope it will remain so.

Squeak, Rattle and Buzz!
By bummah on 11/11/06 09:53 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Squeaks, rattles, and buzzes like a 30 yr old Blazer. Surprisingly poor build quality and blatant cheapness in materials. At idle the fuel pump rattles and thumps so bad it makes the car sound like a diesel. Not like the old school MBZ!

Quality problems for Mercedes Benz
By Chris on 11/07/06 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Buying a Mercedes Benz was the worst decision I have ever made when it came to buying a new car. With a name like Mercedes, I thought I was buying the best quality available on the market. Boy, was I wrong. After having only 16,000 miles on my vehicle, I noticed that there was damage to the rotors, so I took my car in for a brake inspection. The service advisor told me that the wear was normal, and that I would have to replace the rotor and the front brakes at a cost of $450- $500. The advisor told me that Mercedes uses a different metal for the pads, and a thin rotor so all Mercedes owners can expect to replace rotors and brakes every 16,000 to 20,000 miles. What kind of quality is that? By the way, my girlfriend has a 2006 C230 also with 4100 miles, and we had to take it in to replace the electronic cluster that displays all the info to the driver.

C55 AMG very fast!
By Emoney on 09/17/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

What can I say?This car is a dream come true. The power is right there when needed, and the ride is firm but still forgiving. I have always owned trucks, and this car is smooth all around. I still drive my truck for work, and I cant wait to jump in the C55. Everytime I drive it I have a silly grin from ear to ear. I love the fact the car is not flashy, but the quad exuast does give it away.

C230 SPORT
By MCJ on 09/03/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car! My 1st Mercedes, gift from hubby! vVery satisfied with my C230. Fun to drive. A very solid, smooth drive. You really get what you pay for. I will recommend this to anyone.

Didnt Expect It!
By Bill on 09/03/06 00:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I went from an SUV into this C-class sedan, and it has been a great surprise. I feel secure and safe in this vehicle. I never understood what the term "hugs the road" meant until I drove this car. What a fun car to drive. The interior is as beautiful and as classy as the exterior.

A Joy to Drive
By Maggie on 08/25/06 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly a joy to drive! This is my fourth Mercedes (previous ones were 450SL,C240, and SLK230), and I've also driven BMW's (including an 850ci). And this car, although certainly not the largest or most powerful of the Mercedes, compares most favorably to all of my past vehicles. The handling is smooth as silk, the acceleration quick, and the braking sure and steady. As in all of the Mercedes, I feel safe and secure with a very solid car beneath me. Oh, and dare I say that it's a "beauty" too!

So far, so good
By Robert on 08/22/06 10:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I now have driven my Black C350 Luxury Sedan some 2500 miles and really enjoy it. I went on a long (~ 200 miles) trip of interstate highway driving and the mileage was excellent (~ 34 mpg) if the trip computer is accurate. The car has plenty of acceleration and is very comfortable. I sold a car I loved (BMW 325i) for my new Mercedes and have not been disappointed. Will check in with you after a few more thousand miles!

Superman of cars
By van001 on 08/09/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Very stealthy by looks. Looks like another C class on the block but when you press hard on gas it becomes super car ;) . I like its underdog appearance which does not attract attention everywhere I go but folks who knows about AMG and see quad exhausts, they know it's a beast. Gives the feeling of a race car when you need, comfy compact 4 seater rest of the time. Wifey get 22.5 mpg and I get 16. So it keeps everyone happy.

Great M/B Love it
By fred s. on 08/06/06 17:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I worked in the assembly of Dodge Trucks and this C230 sport is the best vehicle I have owned. Safety, comfort , and fun to drive. Now I see why M/B vehicles are nice. I will keep you updated in the future.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.