Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

"WOW"
By Joe

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car a couple of days ago. One word..."WOW." Performance was very surprising. The acceleration was great and is easy to handle. Very smooth. The sleek look for me is part of the appeal.

Interior is well put togehter. Everything easily within reach.

Maybe a little more cabin room, but not a husge concern.

My first AMG
By doorman

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my C55AMG from a friend and I am very happy that I did. Incredibly fun to drive, has a sports car feel with a European sedan look. It is a real sleeper except to those who know AMG, and I am surprised how many people know AMG. Ride is a bit stiff but the handling makes up for it. I'm getting 22+mpg on the road and 19mpg around town if I'm not on the gas.

The sedan look with all the power under the hood and the low rumble the exhaust makes.

I got what I wanted. I am 6' tall so it would have been nice to have a handle to grab to get in and out of the car. Once in place it's great though.

Nice Car, Could be better for the price
By indianguy

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used 22K Miles (Paid 17.5K - yeah rubbing it in) Car is fun to drive, perfect for the Driver who wants a sports car which can also drive like a luxury car when you need it. I have always been a Lexus owner, the one thing that stands up when I get into the C350 is the Plastic. Even my 8 yr old RX doesn't look this cheap inside.

Good Drive Characteristics, Handling. Quiet interior

For 40K, I think MB can do a bit better in the interior. Accessories cost an arm and two legs

Very Pleased - with fingers crossed
By DGS49

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a HOOT to drive! It corners, brakes, and accelerates very nicely. It has just enough power to be fun, yet gets great mileage with the 6M. Although the interior is not spacious, the seats are comfortable and supportive. I'm not a stereo buff, but I think the sound system is great. My only criticism of the driving experience is that the steering is over-assisted and lacks feel. I've had no reliability issues thus far, and the dealer even replaced a hard-to-get-at bulb under warranty. I am using 4 snows and it has gone great in snow and ice, despite being RWD. There is some flexibility in tire sizing, and I was able to get 17" snows very reasonably from Tire Rack.

Handling, fuel economy, appearance, stereo, maneuverability (turning circle is unbelievable).

None. It is what it is: a small, fairly economical sporty car, which can be had (used) at a very reasonable price. I have yet to experience the reliability issues mentioned by others here, and I am limiting my miles on the M-B to extend the warranty as long as possible.

So far so good
By ninocalifa

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have bought this car used, and so far I am happy. The fuel economy I have been getting is an average of 25 mpg, what is not bad considering that this is a sport car. If you drive city only that will drop badly, but on high way it is very efficient. There are only two things I disliked: 1) The fact that MB did not make the phone system standard, it is pre-wired, so you have to buy the module, which cost $600 online or $1500 at the MB dealer. 2) The seats should be fully electric and not only two ways. If you are selling a luxury car, it is expected at least that.

The sport package is a lot of fun. Very nice to drive especially on the corners.

Seats should be fully electric. Bluetooth phone module should be standard. Ipod input should be standard.