2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Mercedes C280
By Theresa on 06/07/07 16:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drove an Audi previously and it doesn't compare. This car has given me almost no problems in 2 years now. The only problem I ran into was getting 2 bubbles in my front tires. The car functions exceptional and would recommend this car to anyone. I'm in my early 20's and chose this car over Audi and BMW.

My Mercedes
By Busy Mom on 04/14/07 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my car for 15,700 miles now. I had a wreck that caused over $ 14,000 in damage when I hit a tree but I walked away with no injuries, not even a headache. Airbag didn't even go off due to location of impact and I was still unharmed. I was leary about repair due to amount of damage but frame was unharmed. It is just like new. Love the looks, comfort, and especially the safety.

Problems
By c-class no good on 03/23/07 10:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

So my fiance got a C230. Had 400 miles when we met. But noticed a weird noise so took it to dealer and they replaced power steering assembly and that was at 400 miles! Then at 5000 miles idler pulley was replaced and sunroof needed reprogramming. Then now at 7600ish miles annoying rattling noise started to appear. This is a fun car but not really reliable vehicle. I cannot imagine drivng this vehicle without a warranty.

Fun to Drive
By tpenfield on 01/20/07 05:19 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have put 14,000 miles on the car already and have the following summary: Exterior looks are very good. Interior is average and the seats are not well made. The MB Tex material seems to stain easily. Stereo is probably the best sounding car stereo that I have listened to. Amazing sound quality. Transmission is sluggish/indecisive and the best way to quickly accelerate is to manually shift down using the manual shift feature. The engine is quite impressive in the 3500 - 5000 RPM range, but that is not where you usually drive. Handling is very good, but the tires seem to wear quickly. Build quality/reliability is only average.

This Mercedes is Junk
By legendtype2 on 12/30/06 11:53 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My girlfriend bought it and at 400 miles powersteering rack was replaced due to grinding noise. At 5,600 miles idler pulley was replaced due to engine noise. Same day sunroof stopped working. My point, it's fun to drive, but not really reliable. Do yourself a favor by getting something else. Even Hyundai has better reliability.

Small car for small people.
By Mac Miller on 12/18/06 01:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a nice drivetrain, giving stout acceleration and 25 mpg while being smooth and quiet. The chassis feels solid, safe. Slow steering and soft shocks make the car a cruiser, not sporty. The interior is very handsome, high quality and nice to be in. I'm selling this car. At 6ft/200lbs I don't fit in it. The car's center door post is forward of the driver's seatback, blocking exit from the car. To exit the seat I have to swing both my legs out first, hook my left elbow out around the center post and leverage my way out between the post and steering wheel. If the side of the car is dirty so is my shirt sleeve. The things you don't notice until after time!

Enjoyable drive
By KS on 11/14/06 17:48 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 7 months now. To sum my experience up: I like it. Love the look (mine is black). The one-hour drive I spend everyday to/from work is enjoyable, relaxing and comfortable. The car is very responsive (for a mild driver), turns corners very well. It feels 'solid' as you maneuver it. I did not like the fact that the default CD does not read MP3 files, which was not mentioned anywhere when I did my research before purchase (fortunately I got the 6CD option). Gas mileage for my first 8000 city/highway miles is around 26.5MPG. Having seen some complaints about Benz's reliability elsewhere, mine is so far trouble-free. Hope it will remain so.

Squeak, Rattle and Buzz!
By bummah on 11/11/06 09:53 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Squeaks, rattles, and buzzes like a 30 yr old Blazer. Surprisingly poor build quality and blatant cheapness in materials. At idle the fuel pump rattles and thumps so bad it makes the car sound like a diesel. Not like the old school MBZ!

Quality problems for Mercedes Benz
By Chris on 11/07/06 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Buying a Mercedes Benz was the worst decision I have ever made when it came to buying a new car. With a name like Mercedes, I thought I was buying the best quality available on the market. Boy, was I wrong. After having only 16,000 miles on my vehicle, I noticed that there was damage to the rotors, so I took my car in for a brake inspection. The service advisor told me that the wear was normal, and that I would have to replace the rotor and the front brakes at a cost of $450- $500. The advisor told me that Mercedes uses a different metal for the pads, and a thin rotor so all Mercedes owners can expect to replace rotors and brakes every 16,000 to 20,000 miles. What kind of quality is that? By the way, my girlfriend has a 2006 C230 also with 4100 miles, and we had to take it in to replace the electronic cluster that displays all the info to the driver.

C230 SPORT
By MCJ on 09/03/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car! My 1st Mercedes, gift from hubby! vVery satisfied with my C230. Fun to drive. A very solid, smooth drive. You really get what you pay for. I will recommend this to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.