Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Wonderful
By Paul

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Am giving all "10" review based on price versus features and performance. Fun and agile car to drive with lots of luxury. Smooth 7sp tranny and engine is fine. The tranny always finds right gear and love the comfort mode and sport mode. Get 30 mpg on road...great sports sedan. First MB, not my last

Drive train..engine and tranny. Plus, long list of std luxury features. Just 'feel' the quality when you sit in car, shut door, and drive.

Oudstanding
By glenn

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I get 32 mpg on highway and 23 mpg in city driving. I don't understand how people can rate the mpg less than ten. This is my third M-B, and I love it as much as my prior two. It requires very little maintenance expenditures. All I have spent $ for since I purchased it was for 2 tires and the usual oil and filter changes.

The way it drives is outstanding.

NONE.

Expected longer romance for the money
By Damonndallas

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My C280 is the sixth MB I have owned from the same dealership. I have always been happy, until this car. At first, it was what I had come to expect from MB. Now, after 64,000 miles, there are creaks and squeaks, the "check engine" light comes and goes, and the silver trim on the interior is peeling away. Adding the ultimate insult, I visited the dealership to trade for a new one, and was offered $12,000 for trade. YIKES! On a three year old car! The resale value was enough to send me running to the nearest Cadillac dealership, and the plastic finish in the C300 didn't help. The CTS 3.6L out performed the C300 hands down. The luxury finish out sealed the deal.

Style and comfort. The C280 is a cruiser. A little small for trips over 4 hours, but a great way to get there if you have to drive.

NEVER go cheap on the interior of a European luxury car! For $41,000, I expect the interior to go the distance.

best birthday EVER
By Josh

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This car was my 18th birthday gift from my parents last April (I know! How am I not spoiled?...) Anyway, they made a big deal out of driving it up in the middle of the party, and it stunned like only a Mercedes can! I still get a lot of attention for driving this car, and I love it. It's a real lady killer. The level of performance is great, and the interior is very comfortable. On long drives home from college, I often find myself just hunkering down in the leather seats and enjoying the ride. It's got great torque for passing and red lights. I love the design, too, both inside and out. This is, in my opinion, one of the sportier of the less expensive MBs. A definite recommendation!

comfort. performance. sunroof! upgraded sound system. the engine isn't that impressive, so I love how quiet the ride is. control column layout is very convenient. fuel economy is great--I rarely find myself getting below 20, and on long trips I often get 30+

headlights are just sad

Great car while in warranty !!!!!!!
By Paul

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The design department did its job flawlessly with the C-Class; The car is a delight to drive when new and shows great composure on the road and lots of punch, inside the car you are surrounded by exquisite quality (if you choose the OPTIONAL luxury packages), but beneath the skin there is a time bomb. Materials, components and especially electrics and electronics are a nightmare and they seem to be designed to withstand only the use for 3 yrs / 60,000 miles. I experienced serious problems with electrics and electronics, AT gearbox (transmission conductor), steering rack (!!!), countless electrical surges and...lousy dealer service. Treat yourself with A NEW MB, BUT ONLY WITHIN WARRANTY !

Looks, driving experience, pleasant for long haul, quality build (inside), excellent engine, good fuel economy

Drivetrain, auto gear box, electrics and electronics are shambles, pathetic quality of the water-based paints, dealership service from A-Z (the only good experience is provided by the receptionists...), maintenance costs, sell the company to BMW or Toyota (Lexus) :-)