2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
best birthday EVER
By Josh on 09/14/09 22:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This car was my 18th birthday gift from my parents last April (I know! How am I not spoiled?...) Anyway, they made a big deal out of driving it up in the middle of the party, and it stunned like only a Mercedes can! I still get a lot of attention for driving this car, and I love it. It's a real lady killer. The level of performance is great, and the interior is very comfortable. On long drives home from college, I often find myself just hunkering down in the leather seats and enjoying the ride. It's got great torque for passing and red lights. I love the design, too, both inside and out. This is, in my opinion, one of the sportier of the less expensive MBs. A definite recommendation!

Great car while in warranty !!!!!!!
By Paul on 08/04/09 00:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The design department did its job flawlessly with the C-Class; The car is a delight to drive when new and shows great composure on the road and lots of punch, inside the car you are surrounded by exquisite quality (if you choose the OPTIONAL luxury packages), but beneath the skin there is a time bomb. Materials, components and especially electrics and electronics are a nightmare and they seem to be designed to withstand only the use for 3 yrs / 60,000 miles. I experienced serious problems with electrics and electronics, AT gearbox (transmission conductor), steering rack (!!!), countless electrical surges and...lousy dealer service. Treat yourself with A NEW MB, BUT ONLY WITHIN WARRANTY !

"iron fist in a velvet glove"
By fooe on 06/16/09 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I originally bought this vehicle because my wife would not let me buy a E39 M5 due to the manual transmission, so I had resigned myself to a life of commuting boredom without my beloved 3rd pedal. "At least I'll have the big V8 to listen to while I wait for the transmission to catch up to my right foot" I thought. Well, I was wrong. The AMG SpeedShift is extremely impressive in daily use; it is very rarely in the wrong gear and is tuned for an enthusiast driver. Sport mode is very entertaining and Comfort isn't a blatant sacrifice to the EPA mileage gods. This, coupled with the prodigious amounts of torque and deep exhaust note, make for an entertaining drive even in traffic.

My First Luxury-Sports High Performance
By My FIRST BENZ on 06/08/09 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car was a fleet car owned by a company for their top executives and has been taken car of extremely well! The car has no dents, scratches, looks brand new & drives & runs as if its off the show room floor!

w203 C350
By jk062602kj on 05/31/09 04:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

All I can say is this car is amazing. Very fast car and very smooth shifting (7G-Tronic Tranny). This car is a sleeper (don't expect it to be that fast). The sport model came in 7 speed auto and 6 speed manual. The car is able to beat and keep up with very fast cars. Beat - (G35 Sedan, G35 Coupe, 328, 330, ML500, A4). Very fun to drive and pretty rare.

"WOW"
By Joe on 04/26/09 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car a couple of days ago. One word..."WOW." Performance was very surprising. The acceleration was great and is easy to handle. Very smooth. The sleek look for me is part of the appeal.

My first AMG
By doorman on 04/21/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my C55AMG from a friend and I am very happy that I did. Incredibly fun to drive, has a sports car feel with a European sedan look. It is a real sleeper except to those who know AMG, and I am surprised how many people know AMG. Ride is a bit stiff but the handling makes up for it. I'm getting 22+mpg on the road and 19mpg around town if I'm not on the gas.

Nice Car, Could be better for the price
By indianguy on 04/20/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used 22K Miles (Paid 17.5K - yeah rubbing it in) Car is fun to drive, perfect for the Driver who wants a sports car which can also drive like a luxury car when you need it. I have always been a Lexus owner, the one thing that stands up when I get into the C350 is the Plastic. Even my 8 yr old RX doesn't look this cheap inside.

Very Pleased - with fingers crossed
By DGS49 on 03/06/09 06:03 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a HOOT to drive! It corners, brakes, and accelerates very nicely. It has just enough power to be fun, yet gets great mileage with the 6M. Although the interior is not spacious, the seats are comfortable and supportive. I'm not a stereo buff, but I think the sound system is great. My only criticism of the driving experience is that the steering is over-assisted and lacks feel. I've had no reliability issues thus far, and the dealer even replaced a hard-to-get-at bulb under warranty. I am using 4 snows and it has gone great in snow and ice, despite being RWD. There is some flexibility in tire sizing, and I was able to get 17" snows very reasonably from Tire Rack.

So far so good
By ninocalifa on 01/13/09 08:24 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have bought this car used, and so far I am happy. The fuel economy I have been getting is an average of 25 mpg, what is not bad considering that this is a sport car. If you drive city only that will drop badly, but on high way it is very efficient. There are only two things I disliked: 1) The fact that MB did not make the phone system standard, it is pre-wired, so you have to buy the module, which cost $600 online or $1500 at the MB dealer. 2) The seats should be fully electric and not only two ways. If you are selling a luxury car, it is expected at least that.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.