Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

44,000 miles and stuck in 2nd gear
By sousame

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have babied this car! freeway mostly easy on the gas pedal ext... first the trans would randomly be stuck in 3rd gear as im driving. I would have to stop turn the key off then restart. I was going to take it to the dealership soon but now i cant even do that it wont shift into anything but 2nd or reverse or park. very very very disapointed in this high dollar vehicle. will be even more so if there is not a recall on this. i didnt blow my bank account and pay cash for something that wont even last me 44,000 mile.... will update soon with my results....

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs a recall this is ridiculous

I will only drive a Benz now!
By Dashery

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car a day before my 37th birthday. I previously owned a 2006 Chrysler 300 Limited which was destroyed in the flood. The MB has a nice comfortable ride and I like the comfort mode versus the sport mode. However, the transmission responsiveness is not my favorite. Also, MB needs to make the iPod hookup, memory seats, navigation and CD Changer standard equipment.

Favorite Features

Dash, seats, design and ride!

Suggested Improvements

MB needs to make the iPod hookup, memory seats, navigation and CD Changer standard equipment. Improve transmission responsiveness.

Nice Ride but -------
By BamaBGone

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall nice car but breaks all around at 24K seems like poor quality. The car is babied and goes on country drives for the most part. I work from home so a trip to the store 2/wk. Now my wheel bearing is making noise with just 24K.

Favorite Features

Styling, rims, 7-Speed,

Suggested Improvements

Put quality breaks in to start with! A fold down seat should be standard and so should an I-pod hook up and some form of paint protection up front.

Great Value for the Money!
By mealz07

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a new MB owner and am glad to have made the switch. I purchased my used 4matic this year and have been pleased with the performance thus far. My only dislikes would be the automatic wiper sensors when it rains and comfort mode. I highly recommend Sport mode to really know what your driving. I also think the windows should be a shade darker.

Favorite Features

Sport mode and automatic rear shade (I have young children and helps keep the sun out of their eyes and the car cool in the summer)

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats a must for this style car, better sensors on the automatic blades, cheaper oil changes.

Engine Fire
By Beth K

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I will never own another Mercedes. My 2006 C230 caught fire. As it turned out it was still under warranty as I had purchased the 5 yr/100,000 mile extra. I had it towed to Hoehn Mercedes Carlsbad. Adding insult to injury I was told it was their opinion the car caught fire because I ran over a cigarette butt so the warranty was void. I contacted Mercedes directly. They were equally as insulting and unconcerned. They told me it could take months to ever really figure out what started the fire and in the meantime the warranty was void. Needing to move on with my life, I filed an insurance claim. They intend to get to the bottom of this. This experience has been most disappointing.