2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
ILovaMyBenzs
By JoshsBenz10 on 03/29/10 17:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car for myself on my 21st birthday. I traded in a 2004 SLK320 that I loved!It's a beautiful looking car of course just like all the other Mercedes. Anyhow the car had just under 30k when I bought it and now has almost 40k. No problems at all.Tires stink and need to be changed to something better. Xenon headlights I think should be standard in a MB. Maintenance costs is of course expensive but your not driving a Honda after all. I love the ride and tight feel of the car overall. I feel safe and secure.Mine is black on black with limo tint so its pretty sexy. Rims are really nice too. Rain sensing wipers are very annoying but otherwise great car.Benz all the way. Buy one you'll love it!!!

Retension belt
By RogPark on 03/08/10 00:31 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I had this car for less than one year, enough time for me to have all sorts of service issues. I was sold this car as a "certified" vehicle which is marketing bs talk for "used" car. In a nutshell, I had problems with the retension belt. I drove 8,000 until the belt had to be replaced. I argued that this is something that needed to be covered under warranty and even the Benz service guy agreed. It wasn't so I had to shell out $440. I bought a Hyundai Vera Cruz at about the same time as the C280. I'm on the verge of exchanging the C280 with a Sonata. Ata least my expectations won't be high with a Sonata.

Nice
By Don on 03/03/10 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I can't say enough good things about the car. It gets very good gas mileage (31 MPG on highway with 6 speed manual trans), its comfortable, looks good and handles well. People come up often and say "what a great looking car you've got." I've added the iPod interface which is VERY nice (MB was the first auto mfg to integrate this feature). Your iPod sits in the glove box and you control it from the steering wheel. I also purchased Winter tires that make winter driving much easier to deal with.

Not really worth the $
By Hutch on 01/29/10 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Was my first and last Mercedes. thought this manufacture stood for quality, comfort and performance boy was I in for a shock. Required preventative maintenance on this car is expensive! First year about the same as others $400 - $600 its the subsequent years that get you doubling and tripling that. Couple that with numerous annoyance problems that were under warranty and corrected but still shouldn't happen. Items such as; squeaky pullies, engine maintenance light and etc. Decent layout inside but not comfortable; seats thin, low to the ground and small interior space don't accommodate us folks of 6 feet tall or greater. Do what I should have done pass this dog on by save some money.

Decent Vehicle
By Justin on 01/23/10 15:54 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle when my 2000 E320 got totaled out by a drunk driver. I purchased the vehicle with 44k miles on it and have not had to do much but the required maintenance. There are a few things that have broken in the interior (door pulls broke, glove box broke). Minor things, but things I am not used to. All in all, i enjoy the car. It's fun to drive and I still driving an MB. The key is regular maintenance. I look forward to having this car for a few more years.

Mercedes Not Worth the Aggravation
By Bill on 01/19/10 10:20 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Vehicle was purchased because I bought into the Mercedes mystique that their engineering was a far cut above all others. Not only was that a mistake I found that the required preventative maintenance you have to perform on this vehicle could make you deplete a small fortune. First year cost for preventative scheduled maintenance was about average it is the subsequent years that send you spinning. My average trips to the dealer for scheduled maintenance was hitting me for a bout $600 a pop and they hadn't got to the transmission/coolant flushes and etc yet. Best thing I did lately was trade this dog.

Wonderful
By Paul on 11/01/09 08:52 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Am giving all "10" review based on price versus features and performance. Fun and agile car to drive with lots of luxury. Smooth 7sp tranny and engine is fine. The tranny always finds right gear and love the comfort mode and sport mode. Get 30 mpg on road...great sports sedan. First MB, not my last

Oudstanding
By glenn on 10/30/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I get 32 mpg on highway and 23 mpg in city driving. I don't understand how people can rate the mpg less than ten. This is my third M-B, and I love it as much as my prior two. It requires very little maintenance expenditures. All I have spent $ for since I purchased it was for 2 tires and the usual oil and filter changes.

Expected longer romance for the money
By Damonndallas on 10/30/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My C280 is the sixth MB I have owned from the same dealership. I have always been happy, until this car. At first, it was what I had come to expect from MB. Now, after 64,000 miles, there are creaks and squeaks, the "check engine" light comes and goes, and the silver trim on the interior is peeling away. Adding the ultimate insult, I visited the dealership to trade for a new one, and was offered $12,000 for trade. YIKES! On a three year old car! The resale value was enough to send me running to the nearest Cadillac dealership, and the plastic finish in the C300 didn't help. The CTS 3.6L out performed the C300 hands down. The luxury finish out sealed the deal.

C55 AMG = 'A' 'M'onster in your 'G'arage
By yablo on 10/08/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is fast! Let me rephrase that, it's VERY fast. The car should be driven for fun, not for comfort or fuel economy. The ride is very stiff, but that's what you want in a sports car. Don't bother looking at the mpg's (11-14 city, 18-22 hway). Interior build quality seems below my old 1997 C230 which is a bit disappointing for a sedan that msrp's for 60K. There is a lot of plastic on the dash, and most controls feel cheap to the touch. But who cares? This car is FAAAAAST!