2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Carolyn's comments
By carolyn on 09/25/05 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my new 2006 E350 4 dr sedan last month so it's hardly a relationship as of yet. I was attracted immediately to the body styling and the roomy interior without looking bulky. The trunk is spacious and can fit five pieces of luggage comfortably. I am a little disappointed with the sound system since it vibrates a little when you crank it up. The gas mileage has been fair but not what the manufactured promissed. The traction on this car is amazing as I drive a mountain road daily. It handles almost like a sports car with ride as smooth as cream. All bumps are cushioned and with the windows closed and driving around 80 it's just me and my new car.

2006 C230
By acidic36 on 09/02/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a well built & designed car. it's very fast and drives great. I picked it over the 3-series and g35 coupe

Super Car
By Faith on 09/02/05 21:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is very unique. It is small and compact but it has all the luxury of a large sedan or limo. The car is so cool. Even the key is cool. It has buttons and it doesnt use metal in the ignition. You use a little box at the front of the key

My Lemon
By Jo on 08/30/05 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I always heard Mercedes was a well made car, but then I got mine. My car goes into the shop every month for something. After 3000 miles my a/c leaked out all over inside my car. My last straw was when my car handle broke off after being in the shop for a month. Mercedes is willing to fix the problems but not do anything else. I find this VERY wrong for such a big car company. AND THEY also stated every year you own the car the value reduces $5000 to $7000 because they tried to give my $20000 for a year old bought brand new car.

Poor mans Mercedes
By Chanze on 08/28/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

It has most of they features of the luxury Mercedes Benz like they S-class but it is priced reasonably. I just got out of high school and it is the perfect first car!

'06 C280 4Matic
By newowner on 08/22/05 01:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just took delivery on 8-21-05 and boy was I excited. The new Nano paint technology makes this car look like a jewel. I've had several new cars in the past to include, BMW, Infiniti, VW, etc. and by far, Mercedes put their best foot forward this year. Before leaving the lot, the salesman told me to start the car so he could show me some features. I told him it was running the entire time we were talking. Unbelievely the quietest car on the market. Quality inside and out.

Performance Decrease for 2006
By Aaron on 08/19/05 09:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I assume it was for "Marketing" purposes but starting 2006, Benz is putting a 6cyl just breaking that "magic barrier" at a reported 201HP. Well I just traded my 2004 C230 Kompressor in for a 2006 that I had ordered. It was the first 2006 C230 to be delivered so I hadn't driven a 2006. Big Mistake! There is a significant perforance drop compared to my 2004 even though it has a reported 189 HP, but I think the key is there is less torque on the new 6 cyl compared to the 4 cyl.

I like this baby Benz!
By W203V6 on 08/15/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I got the 2006 C230 Sport Sedan with 6 speed manual, The shifter is kind of short and hard. It's like you have a aftermarket short shifter! I love it ! The new 2.5 V6 is NOT fast than the I4 w/supercharger. But I feel more power on the high end. The sports tuned suspension may be too hard for some people, but it's a lot of better than my EVO 8! The ride is smooth on freeway. If the power is not something you looking for. The C230 sport sedean is very nice in and out! Just not as fast as Volvo S40 T5 or BMW 330i!

Three words - "piece of junk"
By Mark Atlanta on 08/11/05 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 5 MB's since 1989 and through the years have been pretty much pleased. I bought the C230 Sport, bright Mars Red. Styling is hot - but that is where it stops. The aluminum interior trim looks like it was cut from an old tin can. Performance was lacking and at idle the car had a lot of engine vibration. At 3,000 miles, most of the lightbulbs had blown, and the windows would periodically start going up and down by themselves. First service appt. cost $ 300.00. MB should take a clue from BMW and quit putting 4 cyl. engines in these cars. I just traded this car last week for a new 2006 BMW 330i (resale was awful) and traded my SLK230 for a new Z4 - 3.0. My MB days are over.

My 2006 C230
By Ra on 08/10/05 22:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. I have only had it for two weeks but it rides smooth and comfortable. Pretty good power but it could use more torque like the 2.3 kompressor engine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.