Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Quality problems for Mercedes Benz
By Chris

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Buying a Mercedes Benz was the worst decision I have ever made when it came to buying a new car. With a name like Mercedes, I thought I was buying the best quality available on the market. Boy, was I wrong. After having only 16,000 miles on my vehicle, I noticed that there was damage to the rotors, so I took my car in for a brake inspection. The service advisor told me that the wear was normal, and that I would have to replace the rotor and the front brakes at a cost of $450- $500. The advisor told me that Mercedes uses a different metal for the pads, and a thin rotor so all Mercedes owners can expect to replace rotors and brakes every 16,000 to 20,000 miles. What kind of quality is that? By the way, my girlfriend has a 2006 C230 also with 4100 miles, and we had to take it in to replace the electronic cluster that displays all the info to the driver.

The C230 was a fun car to drive, but that fun ends when you have to come out of your pocket to pay for parts that you expect to last.

Mercedes has some serious issues when it comes to quality, and durability. I would suggest anyone looking for an entry level luxury car to definitely avoid Mercedes Benz.

C55 AMG very fast!
By Emoney

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

What can I say?This car is a dream come true. The power is right there when needed, and the ride is firm but still forgiving. I have always owned trucks, and this car is smooth all around. I still drive my truck for work, and I cant wait to jump in the C55. Everytime I drive it I have a silly grin from ear to ear. I love the fact the car is not flashy, but the quad exuast does give it away.

The car is a sleeper until you use the power of the hand built AMG motor. The exhuast tone is wonderful. Good stock radio and nice leather interior. The AMG logo in the front seats.

Touch sreen nav system. Ablity to play DVDs.

C230 SPORT
By MCJ

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car! My 1st Mercedes, gift from hubby! vVery satisfied with my C230. Fun to drive. A very solid, smooth drive. You really get what you pay for. I will recommend this to anyone.

Everything about it!

The sound of turn signals could be more subtle, but this doesn't change my opinion about my love for my C230.

Didnt Expect It!
By Bill

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I went from an SUV into this C-class sedan, and it has been a great surprise. I feel secure and safe in this vehicle. I never understood what the term "hugs the road" meant until I drove this car. What a fun car to drive. The interior is as beautiful and as classy as the exterior.

The chrome accented interior. The steering wheel controls.

Fold down back seats. Better cup holders in the front. A more friendly integrated telephone system. this one doesnt cut it and isnt worth the required MB purchase.

A Joy to Drive
By Maggie

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly a joy to drive! This is my fourth Mercedes (previous ones were 450SL,C240, and SLK230), and I've also driven BMW's (including an 850ci). And this car, although certainly not the largest or most powerful of the Mercedes, compares most favorably to all of my past vehicles. The handling is smooth as silk, the acceleration quick, and the braking sure and steady. As in all of the Mercedes, I feel safe and secure with a very solid car beneath me. Oh, and dare I say that it's a "beauty" too!

4-Matic AWD, smooth steering wheel action, responsive acceleration, and automatic headlights.

The menu in center of control panel, when operated by the buttons on the steering wheel is distracting to operate because of having to scroll through various choices. Needless to say, this should only be done when sitting still, and never while driving I guess.