Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Didnt Expect It!
By Bill

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I went from an SUV into this C-class sedan, and it has been a great surprise. I feel secure and safe in this vehicle. I never understood what the term "hugs the road" meant until I drove this car. What a fun car to drive. The interior is as beautiful and as classy as the exterior.

Favorite Features

The chrome accented interior. The steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Fold down back seats. Better cup holders in the front. A more friendly integrated telephone system. this one doesnt cut it and isnt worth the required MB purchase.

A Joy to Drive
By Maggie

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly a joy to drive! This is my fourth Mercedes (previous ones were 450SL,C240, and SLK230), and I've also driven BMW's (including an 850ci). And this car, although certainly not the largest or most powerful of the Mercedes, compares most favorably to all of my past vehicles. The handling is smooth as silk, the acceleration quick, and the braking sure and steady. As in all of the Mercedes, I feel safe and secure with a very solid car beneath me. Oh, and dare I say that it's a "beauty" too!

Favorite Features

4-Matic AWD, smooth steering wheel action, responsive acceleration, and automatic headlights.

Suggested Improvements

The menu in center of control panel, when operated by the buttons on the steering wheel is distracting to operate because of having to scroll through various choices. Needless to say, this should only be done when sitting still, and never while driving I guess.

So far, so good
By Robert

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I now have driven my Black C350 Luxury Sedan some 2500 miles and really enjoy it. I went on a long (~ 200 miles) trip of interstate highway driving and the mileage was excellent (~ 34 mpg) if the trip computer is accurate. The car has plenty of acceleration and is very comfortable. I sold a car I loved (BMW 325i) for my new Mercedes and have not been disappointed. Will check in with you after a few more thousand miles!

Favorite Features

Trip computer menu. Exterior and interior designs. Acceleration. Highway mileage

Suggested Improvements

The leg room for backseat passengers is small. A free maintenance program (like BMW) would be great

Great M/B Love it
By fred s.

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I worked in the assembly of Dodge Trucks and this C230 sport is the best vehicle I have owned. Safety, comfort , and fun to drive. Now I see why M/B vehicles are nice. I will keep you updated in the future.

Favorite Features

Body style, comfort, and safety. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Have expandable cup holders

Powerful luxury entry car
By score1144

Good balance of luxury and performance at entry and compete well againt other euro cars. I was looking for cool car after driving a Toyota Corolla for 12 years without any problem and got bored. I ended up here after starting with 2007 Camry XLE V6. I am very happy and looking forward to enjoy this car for long time.

Favorite Features

Memory seats with easy entry, Auto climate control and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 CD should be standard (Single CD player will not play MP3 songs even though catlog says it is capable. You need to pay extra for ipod integration kit or CD changer)