Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Problems
By c-class no good

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

So my fiance got a C230. Had 400 miles when we met. But noticed a weird noise so took it to dealer and they replaced power steering assembly and that was at 400 miles! Then at 5000 miles idler pulley was replaced and sunroof needed reprogramming. Then now at 7600ish miles annoying rattling noise started to appear. This is a fun car but not really reliable vehicle. I cannot imagine drivng this vehicle without a warranty.

Looks, wheels, radio, safety features

Quality!

Fun to Drive
By tpenfield

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have put 14,000 miles on the car already and have the following summary: Exterior looks are very good. Interior is average and the seats are not well made. The MB Tex material seems to stain easily. Stereo is probably the best sounding car stereo that I have listened to. Amazing sound quality. Transmission is sluggish/indecisive and the best way to quickly accelerate is to manually shift down using the manual shift feature. The engine is quite impressive in the 3500 - 5000 RPM range, but that is not where you usually drive. Handling is very good, but the tires seem to wear quickly. Build quality/reliability is only average.

Looks. Handling. Fuel economy is OK. I can get 30+ mpg on long trips. Fun to drive. Does nicely as a sporty car and can serve as a family sedan as needed.

Upholstery is not as well done as some domestic/Japanese cars. Std fold down rear seat would do nicely. Steering and alignment is way too sensitive and tempermental. Tires are way expensive and can puncture easily with potholes/road hazards. I'd suggest the extra warranty coverage.

This Mercedes is Junk
By legendtype2

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My girlfriend bought it and at 400 miles powersteering rack was replaced due to grinding noise. At 5,600 miles idler pulley was replaced due to engine noise. Same day sunroof stopped working. My point, it's fun to drive, but not really reliable. Do yourself a favor by getting something else. Even Hyundai has better reliability.

Small car for small people.
By Mac Miller

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a nice drivetrain, giving stout acceleration and 25 mpg while being smooth and quiet. The chassis feels solid, safe. Slow steering and soft shocks make the car a cruiser, not sporty. The interior is very handsome, high quality and nice to be in. I'm selling this car. At 6ft/200lbs I don't fit in it. The car's center door post is forward of the driver's seatback, blocking exit from the car. To exit the seat I have to swing both my legs out first, hook my left elbow out around the center post and leverage my way out between the post and steering wheel. If the side of the car is dirty so is my shirt sleeve. The things you don't notice until after time!

Quality construction, style, engine and transmission performance, Mercedes service.

The car is fine as is for what it is: a small luxury cruiser. Me, I'm going back to a two-door with a rearset center post or a larger car altogether like the new diesel Mercedes SUVs.

Enjoyable drive
By KS

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 7 months now. To sum my experience up: I like it. Love the look (mine is black). The one-hour drive I spend everyday to/from work is enjoyable, relaxing and comfortable. The car is very responsive (for a mild driver), turns corners very well. It feels 'solid' as you maneuver it. I did not like the fact that the default CD does not read MP3 files, which was not mentioned anywhere when I did my research before purchase (fortunately I got the 6CD option). Gas mileage for my first 8000 city/highway miles is around 26.5MPG. Having seen some complaints about Benz's reliability elsewhere, mine is so far trouble-free. Hope it will remain so.

Beautiful appearance. Able to open/close windows from outside the car. Premium sound system. MP3 capable 6CD changer. Auto backseat sunshade.

Turning signal too loud. Make the default CD MP3 capable. A bit tight in driver seat and backseat room. Cupholders unsuitable for two medium-size cups.