Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

My Mercedes
By Busy Mom

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my car for 15,700 miles now. I had a wreck that caused over $ 14,000 in damage when I hit a tree but I walked away with no injuries, not even a headache. Airbag didn't even go off due to location of impact and I was still unharmed. I was leary about repair due to amount of damage but frame was unharmed. It is just like new. Love the looks, comfort, and especially the safety.

Stereo system, one push window down or up, leg room in back seat, cup holders, IPOD connections with steering wheel controls for all features.

Would like a larger area next to driver's seat where a woman's purse would fit. There is nowhere to put it other than in the back seat or in the passenger's floorboard if you have a front seat passenger. Wish it took regular unleaded gas instead of medium. Wish front passenger seat was electric.

Problems
By c-class no good

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

So my fiance got a C230. Had 400 miles when we met. But noticed a weird noise so took it to dealer and they replaced power steering assembly and that was at 400 miles! Then at 5000 miles idler pulley was replaced and sunroof needed reprogramming. Then now at 7600ish miles annoying rattling noise started to appear. This is a fun car but not really reliable vehicle. I cannot imagine drivng this vehicle without a warranty.

Looks, wheels, radio, safety features

Quality!

Fun to Drive
By tpenfield

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have put 14,000 miles on the car already and have the following summary: Exterior looks are very good. Interior is average and the seats are not well made. The MB Tex material seems to stain easily. Stereo is probably the best sounding car stereo that I have listened to. Amazing sound quality. Transmission is sluggish/indecisive and the best way to quickly accelerate is to manually shift down using the manual shift feature. The engine is quite impressive in the 3500 - 5000 RPM range, but that is not where you usually drive. Handling is very good, but the tires seem to wear quickly. Build quality/reliability is only average.

Looks. Handling. Fuel economy is OK. I can get 30+ mpg on long trips. Fun to drive. Does nicely as a sporty car and can serve as a family sedan as needed.

Upholstery is not as well done as some domestic/Japanese cars. Std fold down rear seat would do nicely. Steering and alignment is way too sensitive and tempermental. Tires are way expensive and can puncture easily with potholes/road hazards. I'd suggest the extra warranty coverage.

This Mercedes is Junk
By legendtype2

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My girlfriend bought it and at 400 miles powersteering rack was replaced due to grinding noise. At 5,600 miles idler pulley was replaced due to engine noise. Same day sunroof stopped working. My point, it's fun to drive, but not really reliable. Do yourself a favor by getting something else. Even Hyundai has better reliability.

Small car for small people.
By Mac Miller

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a nice drivetrain, giving stout acceleration and 25 mpg while being smooth and quiet. The chassis feels solid, safe. Slow steering and soft shocks make the car a cruiser, not sporty. The interior is very handsome, high quality and nice to be in. I'm selling this car. At 6ft/200lbs I don't fit in it. The car's center door post is forward of the driver's seatback, blocking exit from the car. To exit the seat I have to swing both my legs out first, hook my left elbow out around the center post and leverage my way out between the post and steering wheel. If the side of the car is dirty so is my shirt sleeve. The things you don't notice until after time!

Quality construction, style, engine and transmission performance, Mercedes service.

The car is fine as is for what it is: a small luxury cruiser. Me, I'm going back to a two-door with a rearset center post or a larger car altogether like the new diesel Mercedes SUVs.