Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Small car for small people.
By Mac Miller

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a nice drivetrain, giving stout acceleration and 25 mpg while being smooth and quiet. The chassis feels solid, safe. Slow steering and soft shocks make the car a cruiser, not sporty. The interior is very handsome, high quality and nice to be in. I'm selling this car. At 6ft/200lbs I don't fit in it. The car's center door post is forward of the driver's seatback, blocking exit from the car. To exit the seat I have to swing both my legs out first, hook my left elbow out around the center post and leverage my way out between the post and steering wheel. If the side of the car is dirty so is my shirt sleeve. The things you don't notice until after time!

Quality construction, style, engine and transmission performance, Mercedes service.

The car is fine as is for what it is: a small luxury cruiser. Me, I'm going back to a two-door with a rearset center post or a larger car altogether like the new diesel Mercedes SUVs.

Enjoyable drive
By KS

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for 7 months now. To sum my experience up: I like it. Love the look (mine is black). The one-hour drive I spend everyday to/from work is enjoyable, relaxing and comfortable. The car is very responsive (for a mild driver), turns corners very well. It feels 'solid' as you maneuver it. I did not like the fact that the default CD does not read MP3 files, which was not mentioned anywhere when I did my research before purchase (fortunately I got the 6CD option). Gas mileage for my first 8000 city/highway miles is around 26.5MPG. Having seen some complaints about Benz's reliability elsewhere, mine is so far trouble-free. Hope it will remain so.

Beautiful appearance. Able to open/close windows from outside the car. Premium sound system. MP3 capable 6CD changer. Auto backseat sunshade.

Turning signal too loud. Make the default CD MP3 capable. A bit tight in driver seat and backseat room. Cupholders unsuitable for two medium-size cups.

Squeak, Rattle and Buzz!
By bummah

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Squeaks, rattles, and buzzes like a 30 yr old Blazer. Surprisingly poor build quality and blatant cheapness in materials. At idle the fuel pump rattles and thumps so bad it makes the car sound like a diesel. Not like the old school MBZ!

Good motor, nice punch

No MBZ should have light bulb head lamps. Fuel pumps should not shake the car while idling. The squeaks and rattles are unexcusable and do not plague Lexus, Honda or even Hyundai for that matter.

Quality problems for Mercedes Benz
By Chris

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Buying a Mercedes Benz was the worst decision I have ever made when it came to buying a new car. With a name like Mercedes, I thought I was buying the best quality available on the market. Boy, was I wrong. After having only 16,000 miles on my vehicle, I noticed that there was damage to the rotors, so I took my car in for a brake inspection. The service advisor told me that the wear was normal, and that I would have to replace the rotor and the front brakes at a cost of $450- $500. The advisor told me that Mercedes uses a different metal for the pads, and a thin rotor so all Mercedes owners can expect to replace rotors and brakes every 16,000 to 20,000 miles. What kind of quality is that? By the way, my girlfriend has a 2006 C230 also with 4100 miles, and we had to take it in to replace the electronic cluster that displays all the info to the driver.

The C230 was a fun car to drive, but that fun ends when you have to come out of your pocket to pay for parts that you expect to last.

Mercedes has some serious issues when it comes to quality, and durability. I would suggest anyone looking for an entry level luxury car to definitely avoid Mercedes Benz.

C230 SPORT
By MCJ

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car! My 1st Mercedes, gift from hubby! vVery satisfied with my C230. Fun to drive. A very solid, smooth drive. You really get what you pay for. I will recommend this to anyone.

Everything about it!

The sound of turn signals could be more subtle, but this doesn't change my opinion about my love for my C230.