2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great for 2 types of people
By nwb2 on 03/13/13 16:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes particularly the c280 4matic is great for two types of people: the first of which being the people who can afford the the maintenance fees and shop labor charges, but your buying a Mercedes not a Kia its somewhat an investment. The second type of person to purchase this vehicle is someone who ive very mechanically inclined and able to handle some of the basics themselves, i.e. brakes, belts, transfer case fluid, Diff fluid, spark plugs, etc. If your not one of the two listed above and your budget can not allow for a dollar oil change this may not be for you.

Quality all around
By lastcaress on 10/15/12 01:32 AM (PDT)

I got my MB C280 4Matic in 2009. I was turned in at the end of a lease, had less then 40k miles, and only paid $19k for it. I live in Colorado and need the all wheel drive. When comparing it to other AWD cars available, this was by far the best value. When test driving the cars the MB had almost no signs of wear, and the best overall fit and finish. The MB drove as well as the Audi and Subaru, the Toyota and Volvo were overpriced and lack luster. After 3 years I still love my MB. It is still very peppie, and handles (and rides) like a dream (like you think an MB should). Reliability wise,,,,,,, I have not had it in the shop once!!!

I will only drive a Benz now!
By Dashery on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I purchased this car a day before my 37th birthday. I previously owned a 2006 Chrysler 300 Limited which was destroyed in the flood. The MB has a nice comfortable ride and I like the comfort mode versus the sport mode. However, the transmission responsiveness is not my favorite. Also, MB needs to make the iPod hookup, memory seats, navigation and CD Changer standard equipment.

Great Value for the Money!
By mealz07 on 08/26/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

I am a new MB owner and am glad to have made the switch. I purchased my used 4matic this year and have been pleased with the performance thus far. My only dislikes would be the automatic wiper sensors when it rains and comfort mode. I highly recommend Sport mode to really know what your driving. I also think the windows should be a shade darker.

Never thought I would buy pre-owned
By Pantina-Dick on 12/23/08 10:00 AM (PST)

Contacted by local MB dealer when car was traded for 2009 model. Vehicle only had 7700 miles and was in super condition. Paid 20M and could not be more pleased with ride and comfort features. Great handling and secure safe feeling. Still has great looks and elegant lines.

Outstanding Value
By al s on 09/20/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

The MB 2006 C280 fourmatic is a fun car to own. I bought it for 26000 with almost 11000 miles on it. It's powerful and on long trips there's good fuel economy to be had, even around town 21-22 mpg isn't bad, on trips upwards of 30 mpg. You'll forget that the soul of this car is a sportscar. What will make you remember is its preformance and power. It handles quite well at high speeds on turns, and stops on a dime. The turning radius is very sharp too. I have driven many cars and this car might be the best for value. I absolutely would recommend the MB C280 fourmatic to anyone

Mercedes C280
By Theresa on 06/07/07 16:21 PM (PDT)

Drove an Audi previously and it doesn't compare. This car has given me almost no problems in 2 years now. The only problem I ran into was getting 2 bubbles in my front tires. The car functions exceptional and would recommend this car to anyone. I'm in my early 20's and chose this car over Audi and BMW.

Great ride for the money
By rush on 03/30/06 20:31 PM (PST)

Really a smooth, quite ride with good acceleration. Great turning radius - much better than the S60 Volvo awd. Also responds better to the road the the Volvo or the Jag x type. Controls are confusing, setting the dials requires a look at the manual each time. Like the visability from the drivers seat - judging the front end is easier with the mercedes emblem out front. Very few blind spots. AWD responds real well in the snow - stabilizes quite well.

Luxury Ride
By gretchan on 03/06/06 06:19 AM (PST)

This car is like riding on a cloud. The ride is very smooth and luxurious. It is easy to drive and easy to maneuver. I average between 26-28 MPG on the highway. If you are looking for luxury, look no further than the Mercedes C280. I also recommend getting the 4-matic. It is great in the snow.

No C student
By bzarlzar on 01/02/06 02:27 AM (PST)

I just traded in my 2002 C240 for a 2006 C280...comparitively, it was as if I just walked into a cheap E class. While the C240 was a great deal at the time and a good first into into the Mercedes line, the C280 is just loads more fun, far more luxurious and a hell of a lot faster. The styling and appointments are significantly plush and sophisticated than both the Audi A4 and the BMW 3 series, and I know it gets more admiring double takes than either of the others. I can't imagine that there is a better deal under $40k for German engineering than the 2006 C280.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.