Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Luxury 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Powerful luxury entry car
By score1144

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good balance of luxury and performance at entry and compete well againt other euro cars. I was looking for cool car after driving a Toyota Corolla for 12 years without any problem and got bored. I ended up here after starting with 2007 Camry XLE V6. I am very happy and looking forward to enjoy this car for long time.

Favorite Features

Memory seats with easy entry, Auto climate control and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 CD should be standard (Single CD player will not play MP3 songs even though catlog says it is capable. You need to pay extra for ipod integration kit or CD changer)

Nice Car, Could be better for the price
By indianguy

Bought it used 22K Miles (Paid 17.5K - yeah rubbing it in) Car is fun to drive, perfect for the Driver who wants a sports car which can also drive like a luxury car when you need it. I have always been a Lexus owner, the one thing that stands up when I get into the C350 is the Plastic. Even my 8 yr old RX doesn't look this cheap inside.

Favorite Features

Good Drive Characteristics, Handling. Quiet interior

Suggested Improvements

For 40K, I think MB can do a bit better in the interior. Accessories cost an arm and two legs

A Joy to Drive
By Maggie

This car is truly a joy to drive! This is my fourth Mercedes (previous ones were 450SL,C240, and SLK230), and I've also driven BMW's (including an 850ci). And this car, although certainly not the largest or most powerful of the Mercedes, compares most favorably to all of my past vehicles. The handling is smooth as silk, the acceleration quick, and the braking sure and steady. As in all of the Mercedes, I feel safe and secure with a very solid car beneath me. Oh, and dare I say that it's a "beauty" too!

Favorite Features

4-Matic AWD, smooth steering wheel action, responsive acceleration, and automatic headlights.

Suggested Improvements

The menu in center of control panel, when operated by the buttons on the steering wheel is distracting to operate because of having to scroll through various choices. Needless to say, this should only be done when sitting still, and never while driving I guess.

C350-LL
By modern54

Overall the vehicle is nice. There does need to be some changes as with any vehicle. It has a nice smooth quiet ride...I am coming from a Nissan 350Z which was LOUD and bumpy. The car feels to me a little stuffy for my age group late 20's. but I think it has more to do with the interior tan anything else. The cars stereo system is a bit weak.

Favorite Features

*4matic *window shade in the back *Navi *6 Changer CD *Chair memory *Smooth and comforatable ride

Suggested Improvements

*I do wish that there could have been some differences to this type and the C230. *I hate the wood grain stuff that comes in the car-I would of went for the aluminium I wish I had a choice. *The car is a little plasticy *The wheels/hubs look slightly CHEAP *I wish they would get rid of the pl

Truth after the deal
By KL

I have purchased a new sport C 230 with a navigation package. The car is fun to drive but a few mistakes can really cost you a lot. The front end is low to the ground and easily bumps into things like parking blocks or low curbs. The wheels are beautiful but very expensive along with the high performance tires. When parking the car care must be taken not to hit the curb or else you will hear $ signs scraping away...The navigation system is not user friendly but once programed is very accurate and fun to follow. My truth in a reccomendation would be to take a longer look at the competion.. I now wish I had..

Favorite Features

The best feature for me is the memory side control of the seats. My wife is small and I am large. The door has a swith with 3 positions on it. One for me and one for the little one and then again one for others who might drive the car. It even moves the head rest to the memory position.

Suggested Improvements

The new key is very large and encumbersome. The tires are far too expensive and are different size from front to back so rotation is not possible to save tire life. I think a more user friendly navigation system would be more helpful.