Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Mercedes Not Worth the Aggravation
By Bill

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Vehicle was purchased because I bought into the Mercedes mystique that their engineering was a far cut above all others. Not only was that a mistake I found that the required preventative maintenance you have to perform on this vehicle could make you deplete a small fortune. First year cost for preventative scheduled maintenance was about average it is the subsequent years that send you spinning. My average trips to the dealer for scheduled maintenance was hitting me for a bout $600 a pop and they hadn't got to the transmission/coolant flushes and etc yet. Best thing I did lately was trade this dog.

Make it a little larger on the interior and more comfortable and get the preventative maintenance items down.

w203 C350
By jk062602kj

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

All I can say is this car is amazing. Very fast car and very smooth shifting (7G-Tronic Tranny). This car is a sleeper (don't expect it to be that fast). The sport model came in 7 speed auto and 6 speed manual. The car is able to beat and keep up with very fast cars. Beat - (G35 Sedan, G35 Coupe, 328, 330, ML500, A4). Very fun to drive and pretty rare.

Power!!!!!!!!!!! The only car that comes near it is the IS350 and BMW 335.

Problem is that the c230 looks similar and people think it's a c230 and always try to race you or give you a hard time. They think you changed the badge to c350. Boy were they in a surprise.

Great car, great price
By RMICHAUD

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Owning The C230 Sport has been a great experience, I don't believe we've been happier with an automobile. The maintenace cost has only been a set of tires, which was a little disappointing, I thought the Michelins Pilots could have at least made 30k miles. The handling is outstanding.

The performance of the car. Also the solid engineering, quality and great curb appeal.

First gear is a bit low, but maybe necessary with the 4 cylinder. On a long run 2.5 to 3 hours the front seats get a little tiring tiring

Poor man's C55
By James

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I am truely impressed by my 2006 Mercedes C350 Sport sedan. I had to wait about 2 months to get this car because at that time of release, there were no 6 speed manual available. I got mine fully loaded except for the heated front seats. Total came out to about $44,375 before taxes. For a car this size, the ride is very comfortable. The 6 speed is very easy to shift, the clutch is very soft. It is very hard to stall in this car. Acceleration is very quick. You can get to highway speeds in less than 6 seconds. The bi-xenon lights are very bright which I think are the best out there. The interior fit and finish is top notch. There are no rattles so far. The seats are very supportive.

Lighting package with bi-xenon headlamps. I can see things at night that I haven't seen before. Fold down rear seats. Entertainment package. The Harmon/Kardon sound system is very good. Very clear. Has a port in the glove for a mp3 player or ipod.

Navigation is a bit hard to use. Can get confusing at times. Should be voice recongition and touch screen. Foot parking brake. A manual tranny with a foot brake is not even sporty at all.