2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great car for under 20k
By seanj76 on 04/03/13 20:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this Mercedes Benz C230 Sport edition after owning a 94'C220 for 12 years. My old 94' didn't age so well, the transmission had issues and engine lost most of it's power early on. I had driven a few of the 2006-2007 C's as loaners and I fell in love with the C230 sport 2.5 V6 automatic. Great change from the earlier 4 cyl Kompressors! I got this car for $19,300 with 22k miles Certified from Motorwerks of Barrington, IL. I didn't have to haggle much either, I bought this car on Black Friday 2008 when NO ONE was buying cars due to the recession. Black on Black fully loaded, and I mean loaded- GPS, 10 speaker surround Harmon Kardon stereo, seat warmers, full power seats, leather, etc

Great for 2 types of people
By nwb2 on 03/13/13 16:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes particularly the c280 4matic is great for two types of people: the first of which being the people who can afford the the maintenance fees and shop labor charges, but your buying a Mercedes not a Kia its somewhat an investment. The second type of person to purchase this vehicle is someone who ive very mechanically inclined and able to handle some of the basics themselves, i.e. brakes, belts, transfer case fluid, Diff fluid, spark plugs, etc. If your not one of the two listed above and your budget can not allow for a dollar oil change this may not be for you.

Quality all around
By lastcaress on 10/15/12 01:32 AM (PDT)

I got my MB C280 4Matic in 2009. I was turned in at the end of a lease, had less then 40k miles, and only paid $19k for it. I live in Colorado and need the all wheel drive. When comparing it to other AWD cars available, this was by far the best value. When test driving the cars the MB had almost no signs of wear, and the best overall fit and finish. The MB drove as well as the Audi and Subaru, the Toyota and Volvo were overpriced and lack luster. After 3 years I still love my MB. It is still very peppie, and handles (and rides) like a dream (like you think an MB should). Reliability wise,,,,,,, I have not had it in the shop once!!!

Transmission Problems Right After 4 Years
By itsats on 01/09/12 22:15 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This was the first time that I purchased a brand new car. It has been nothing but problems since owning it. In addition to costly regular maintenance, I have had to replace brakes, rotors twice, tires need to be replaced often, the power steering pump went out, and shortly after 52,000 miles I began having transmission problems. It continues to start in a higher gear creating lag when I push on the gas. Other times, it will not automatically upshift and stays in first gear. In ordet to override the problem, I pull over, turn off the car, and then restart again. I will NEVER purchase a MB again.

A Fun Little Car
By rayro on 11/08/11 11:50 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have had this car for 3 years now. I have found it to be a reliable, fun car to drive. Fit and finish is outstanding. The car moves out smartly and the ride is smooth. Service at the dealer has been very good in spite of the service prices. Its about time to replace a second car, and I think I'll take a look at the E-class.

44,000 miles and stuck in 2nd gear
By sousame on 09/04/11 18:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have babied this car! freeway mostly easy on the gas pedal ext... first the trans would randomly be stuck in 3rd gear as im driving. I would have to stop turn the key off then restart. I was going to take it to the dealership soon but now i cant even do that it wont shift into anything but 2nd or reverse or park. very very very disapointed in this high dollar vehicle. will be even more so if there is not a recall on this. i didnt blow my bank account and pay cash for something that wont even last me 44,000 mile.... will update soon with my results....

I will only drive a Benz now!
By Dashery on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I purchased this car a day before my 37th birthday. I previously owned a 2006 Chrysler 300 Limited which was destroyed in the flood. The MB has a nice comfortable ride and I like the comfort mode versus the sport mode. However, the transmission responsiveness is not my favorite. Also, MB needs to make the iPod hookup, memory seats, navigation and CD Changer standard equipment.

Nice Ride but -------
By BamaBGone on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall nice car but breaks all around at 24K seems like poor quality. The car is babied and goes on country drives for the most part. I work from home so a trip to the store 2/wk. Now my wheel bearing is making noise with just 24K.

Great Value for the Money!
By mealz07 on 08/26/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

I am a new MB owner and am glad to have made the switch. I purchased my used 4matic this year and have been pleased with the performance thus far. My only dislikes would be the automatic wiper sensors when it rains and comfort mode. I highly recommend Sport mode to really know what your driving. I also think the windows should be a shade darker.

Engine Fire
By Beth K on 07/03/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I will never own another Mercedes. My 2006 C230 caught fire. As it turned out it was still under warranty as I had purchased the 5 yr/100,000 mile extra. I had it towed to Hoehn Mercedes Carlsbad. Adding insult to injury I was told it was their opinion the car caught fire because I ran over a cigarette butt so the warranty was void. I contacted Mercedes directly. They were equally as insulting and unconcerned. They told me it could take months to ever really figure out what started the fire and in the meantime the warranty was void. Needing to move on with my life, I filed an insurance claim. They intend to get to the bottom of this. This experience has been most disappointing.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.