2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

C55 AMG 5.4L V8 5-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )
C55 AMG = 'A' 'M'onster in your 'G'arage
By yablo on 10/08/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is fast! Let me rephrase that, it's VERY fast. The car should be driven for fun, not for comfort or fuel economy. The ride is very stiff, but that's what you want in a sports car. Don't bother looking at the mpg's (11-14 city, 18-22 hway). Interior build quality seems below my old 1997 C230 which is a bit disappointing for a sedan that msrp's for 60K. There is a lot of plastic on the dash, and most controls feel cheap to the touch. But who cares? This car is FAAAAAST!

"iron fist in a velvet glove"
By fooe on 06/16/09 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I originally bought this vehicle because my wife would not let me buy a E39 M5 due to the manual transmission, so I had resigned myself to a life of commuting boredom without my beloved 3rd pedal. "At least I'll have the big V8 to listen to while I wait for the transmission to catch up to my right foot" I thought. Well, I was wrong. The AMG SpeedShift is extremely impressive in daily use; it is very rarely in the wrong gear and is tuned for an enthusiast driver. Sport mode is very entertaining and Comfort isn't a blatant sacrifice to the EPA mileage gods. This, coupled with the prodigious amounts of torque and deep exhaust note, make for an entertaining drive even in traffic.

My first AMG
By doorman on 04/21/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my C55AMG from a friend and I am very happy that I did. Incredibly fun to drive, has a sports car feel with a European sedan look. It is a real sleeper except to those who know AMG, and I am surprised how many people know AMG. Ride is a bit stiff but the handling makes up for it. I'm getting 22+mpg on the road and 19mpg around town if I'm not on the gas.

Perfect combination
By Jacques Dermosessian on 03/04/08 02:05 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

The combination of the engine power relative to the body size & weight makes it just perfect! I have always disliked Mercedes shapes especially interior, but the C55 made me become a fan of Benz. I enjoy most the low profile exterior of the C55 that only specialists know what's going on inside that car. in sum, I like the mixture of luxury & sportiness of the C55 AMG. Last car was Audi A8 4.2 quattro, and the stability of the C55 when ESP is off gives you real adrenaline rush on turns because it is really designed in a responsive way and is willing to coop by the second with the driver's style. With all due modesty, you have to know how to drive the C55 to take out the cars frustration !

C55 AMG very fast!
By Emoney on 09/17/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

What can I say?This car is a dream come true. The power is right there when needed, and the ride is firm but still forgiving. I have always owned trucks, and this car is smooth all around. I still drive my truck for work, and I cant wait to jump in the C55. Everytime I drive it I have a silly grin from ear to ear. I love the fact the car is not flashy, but the quad exuast does give it away.

Superman of cars
By van001 on 08/09/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Very stealthy by looks. Looks like another C class on the block but when you press hard on gas it becomes super car ;) . I like its underdog appearance which does not attract attention everywhere I go but folks who knows about AMG and see quad exhausts, they know it's a beast. Gives the feeling of a race car when you need, comfy compact 4 seater rest of the time. Wifey get 22.5 mpg and I get 16. So it keeps everyone happy.

Fun Car
By Steve on 07/28/06 18:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is very smooth. I don't tend to use the car as hard as I did my 540 with a stick but the power and performance is there. Certainly it has a stiff suspension but I have found it civilized. Interior is confortable and functional. I love some of the details like contrasting stitching and suade details on the seats. Basically, if you want a really civilized car that can has heavy duty performance underneath the surface this is a great choice.

Fun car
By Gary Daugharty on 03/03/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I am retired and wanted a own a car that would be fun to drive and purchased the C-55 AMG model. I drive it to San Diego twice a year a distance of 1300 miles each way and will drive for a period up to 12 hours a day.I enjoy the drive and never get stiff or sore from the long hours. The car looks and runs great with all the power I need. I get lots of compliments on how good it looks.

It looks good!..
By Elvira Weyhetton on 02/20/06 21:02 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

When I saw this car I knew I had to have it.. The drive took some time to get used to but after a few months, I fell in love with my C55. Very fast, very Mercedes-Benz like. Only downfall is that this car must have a sport driver. I took my 84 year old grandmother to a wedding and she said she hated the ride, but it looks good!!!

C55 Amazing Power - Everything else????
By flatout7 on 02/07/06 15:46 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Nothing else can compare this this car's power. That is about where it ends for me. Within two weeks of delivery the remote access FOB features quit working and the radio was in a constant state of static and random on off behavior. A warranty trip to the dealer and the radio was fixed and they said the keyless access was fixed as well. The keyless access quit working two days later and this was followed by a HUGE transmission fluid leak in my garage and a mysterious flapping sound coming from the engine compartment. Back to the dealer again. They advised they leak in the tranny was a common problem and they could not find the mysterious noise after numerious attempts.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.