Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4MATIC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great for 2 types of people
By nwb2

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes particularly the c280 4matic is great for two types of people: the first of which being the people who can afford the the maintenance fees and shop labor charges, but your buying a Mercedes not a Kia its somewhat an investment. The second type of person to purchase this vehicle is someone who ive very mechanically inclined and able to handle some of the basics themselves, i.e. brakes, belts, transfer case fluid, Diff fluid, spark plugs, etc. If your not one of the two listed above and your budget can not allow for a dollar oil change this may not be for you.

Favorite Features

AWD but another option to maintain, i came from a 97e320 that had over 195k and still ran in tip top condition until the selfish lady with no license or insurance took me out and totaled it To be honest the older e class felt and operated like a better built car this seems like a really decked out camry

Suggested Improvements

standard 17 inch rims, standard Bluetooth integration, full size spare (please) turbo charger ,

Quality all around
By lastcaress

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got my MB C280 4Matic in 2009. I was turned in at the end of a lease, had less then 40k miles, and only paid $19k for it. I live in Colorado and need the all wheel drive. When comparing it to other AWD cars available, this was by far the best value. When test driving the cars the MB had almost no signs of wear, and the best overall fit and finish. The MB drove as well as the Audi and Subaru, the Toyota and Volvo were overpriced and lack luster. After 3 years I still love my MB. It is still very peppie, and handles (and rides) like a dream (like you think an MB should). Reliability wise,,,,,,, I have not had it in the shop once!!!

Favorite Features

3.0L V6 w/Tiptronic 5-Speed Single touch turn signal 4Matic 4 way disk breaks and abs Heated Windshield Washer Jets - Jets and reservoir All windows are 1 touch Laser start Key Power heated mirrors Seats myself and 4 kids no problem

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG (only around 26-27 on average)

I will only drive a Benz now!
By Dashery

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car a day before my 37th birthday. I previously owned a 2006 Chrysler 300 Limited which was destroyed in the flood. The MB has a nice comfortable ride and I like the comfort mode versus the sport mode. However, the transmission responsiveness is not my favorite. Also, MB needs to make the iPod hookup, memory seats, navigation and CD Changer standard equipment.

Favorite Features

Dash, seats, design and ride!

Suggested Improvements

MB needs to make the iPod hookup, memory seats, navigation and CD Changer standard equipment. Improve transmission responsiveness.

Great Value for the Money!
By mealz07

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a new MB owner and am glad to have made the switch. I purchased my used 4matic this year and have been pleased with the performance thus far. My only dislikes would be the automatic wiper sensors when it rains and comfort mode. I highly recommend Sport mode to really know what your driving. I also think the windows should be a shade darker.

Favorite Features

Sport mode and automatic rear shade (I have young children and helps keep the sun out of their eyes and the car cool in the summer)

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats a must for this style car, better sensors on the automatic blades, cheaper oil changes.

Never thought I would buy pre-owned
By Pantina-Dick

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4MATIC Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Contacted by local MB dealer when car was traded for 2009 model. Vehicle only had 7700 miles and was in super condition. Paid 20M and could not be more pleased with ride and comfort features. Great handling and secure safe feeling. Still has great looks and elegant lines.

Favorite Features

AWD especially since we recently had 2 back to back snow events, Harmon Kardon sound system, fold down rear seats, comfortable ride, feeling of security and safety.

Suggested Improvements

Although it did not have blue tooth, purchased blue ant for $104 hands free and works perfectly.