2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Retension belt
By RogPark on 03/08/10 00:31 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I had this car for less than one year, enough time for me to have all sorts of service issues. I was sold this car as a "certified" vehicle which is marketing bs talk for "used" car. In a nutshell, I had problems with the retension belt. I drove 8,000 until the belt had to be replaced. I argued that this is something that needed to be covered under warranty and even the Benz service guy agreed. It wasn't so I had to shell out $440. I bought a Hyundai Vera Cruz at about the same time as the C280. I'm on the verge of exchanging the C280 with a Sonata. Ata least my expectations won't be high with a Sonata.

Not really worth the $
By Hutch on 01/29/10 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Was my first and last Mercedes. thought this manufacture stood for quality, comfort and performance boy was I in for a shock. Required preventative maintenance on this car is expensive! First year about the same as others $400 - $600 its the subsequent years that get you doubling and tripling that. Couple that with numerous annoyance problems that were under warranty and corrected but still shouldn't happen. Items such as; squeaky pullies, engine maintenance light and etc. Decent layout inside but not comfortable; seats thin, low to the ground and small interior space don't accommodate us folks of 6 feet tall or greater. Do what I should have done pass this dog on by save some money.

Expected longer romance for the money
By Damonndallas on 10/30/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My C280 is the sixth MB I have owned from the same dealership. I have always been happy, until this car. At first, it was what I had come to expect from MB. Now, after 64,000 miles, there are creaks and squeaks, the "check engine" light comes and goes, and the silver trim on the interior is peeling away. Adding the ultimate insult, I visited the dealership to trade for a new one, and was offered $12,000 for trade. YIKES! On a three year old car! The resale value was enough to send me running to the nearest Cadillac dealership, and the plastic finish in the C300 didn't help. The CTS 3.6L out performed the C300 hands down. The luxury finish out sealed the deal.

best birthday EVER
By Josh on 09/14/09 22:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This car was my 18th birthday gift from my parents last April (I know! How am I not spoiled?...) Anyway, they made a big deal out of driving it up in the middle of the party, and it stunned like only a Mercedes can! I still get a lot of attention for driving this car, and I love it. It's a real lady killer. The level of performance is great, and the interior is very comfortable. On long drives home from college, I often find myself just hunkering down in the leather seats and enjoying the ride. It's got great torque for passing and red lights. I love the design, too, both inside and out. This is, in my opinion, one of the sportier of the less expensive MBs. A definite recommendation!

2006 CPO C280
By JT on 01/27/08 12:15 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased this one year old former dealer loaner after an extensive online search. Ive mostly owned Japanese cars before, with one long term Volvo. This MB, like the Volvo, is a driver's car, not an owner's car. It handles beautifully, is a great highway cruiser, is sharp looking and, so far, trouble free. I didnt get awd, tho Im now in the snowbelt, and I dont take it out in the snow much at all. Its fine around town, but its real strength is on the highway, very solid and sure, a real pleasure to drive. If it remains trouble free it will be a winner.

Not Such A Good Choice
By First Timer on 08/10/07 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've had my '06 C280 for about 14 months now. I have had it into the dealer five times, each time with a list of minor problems. The last visit, three weeks ago, the transmission was replaced under warranty. Plenty of squeaks, rattles and vibrations. Transmission still seems to make a funny noise. My center console cover has come off four times. This is my first and last Mercedes. They have sacrificed quality and reliability.

This Mercedes is Junk
By legendtype2 on 12/30/06 11:53 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

My girlfriend bought it and at 400 miles powersteering rack was replaced due to grinding noise. At 5,600 miles idler pulley was replaced due to engine noise. Same day sunroof stopped working. My point, it's fun to drive, but not really reliable. Do yourself a favor by getting something else. Even Hyundai has better reliability.

Small car for small people.
By Mac Miller on 12/18/06 01:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a nice drivetrain, giving stout acceleration and 25 mpg while being smooth and quiet. The chassis feels solid, safe. Slow steering and soft shocks make the car a cruiser, not sporty. The interior is very handsome, high quality and nice to be in. I'm selling this car. At 6ft/200lbs I don't fit in it. The car's center door post is forward of the driver's seatback, blocking exit from the car. To exit the seat I have to swing both my legs out first, hook my left elbow out around the center post and leverage my way out between the post and steering wheel. If the side of the car is dirty so is my shirt sleeve. The things you don't notice until after time!

First 1000 kms....great
By Herbert on 05/08/06 13:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is my third C-class, so I knew exactly what to expect from the very beginning. The vehicle is much more refined, quieter and more confortable that previously owned C230K coupe and C240. Engine performance is superb with the 3.0 litre V6, pick-up is great at any speed as transmission selects the proper ratio every time. Fuel consumption is 7-8% better than the C240 but 10% more than C230K. Quite acceptable with a range of 800 kms. Now for the transmission: pick-up is immediate and fast in S mode, but the system takes a second or so to find second gear before taking off from a stop in Comfort mode. Yes the car really takes off in second gear.

C280
By Dan on 12/24/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is a great automobile to drive. Ride,comfort and performance are outstanding. Build qualiy is excellent and the C280 is just the right size for getting around town or on the interstate.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.