2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great car for under 20k
By seanj76 on 04/03/13 20:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this Mercedes Benz C230 Sport edition after owning a 94'C220 for 12 years. My old 94' didn't age so well, the transmission had issues and engine lost most of it's power early on. I had driven a few of the 2006-2007 C's as loaners and I fell in love with the C230 sport 2.5 V6 automatic. Great change from the earlier 4 cyl Kompressors! I got this car for $19,300 with 22k miles Certified from Motorwerks of Barrington, IL. I didn't have to haggle much either, I bought this car on Black Friday 2008 when NO ONE was buying cars due to the recession. Black on Black fully loaded, and I mean loaded- GPS, 10 speaker surround Harmon Kardon stereo, seat warmers, full power seats, leather, etc

Transmission Problems Right After 4 Years
By itsats on 01/09/12 22:15 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This was the first time that I purchased a brand new car. It has been nothing but problems since owning it. In addition to costly regular maintenance, I have had to replace brakes, rotors twice, tires need to be replaced often, the power steering pump went out, and shortly after 52,000 miles I began having transmission problems. It continues to start in a higher gear creating lag when I push on the gas. Other times, it will not automatically upshift and stays in first gear. In ordet to override the problem, I pull over, turn off the car, and then restart again. I will NEVER purchase a MB again.

A Fun Little Car
By rayro on 11/08/11 11:50 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

We have had this car for 3 years now. I have found it to be a reliable, fun car to drive. Fit and finish is outstanding. The car moves out smartly and the ride is smooth. Service at the dealer has been very good in spite of the service prices. Its about time to replace a second car, and I think I'll take a look at the E-class.

44,000 miles and stuck in 2nd gear
By sousame on 09/04/11 18:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have babied this car! freeway mostly easy on the gas pedal ext... first the trans would randomly be stuck in 3rd gear as im driving. I would have to stop turn the key off then restart. I was going to take it to the dealership soon but now i cant even do that it wont shift into anything but 2nd or reverse or park. very very very disapointed in this high dollar vehicle. will be even more so if there is not a recall on this. i didnt blow my bank account and pay cash for something that wont even last me 44,000 mile.... will update soon with my results....

Nice Ride but -------
By BamaBGone on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall nice car but breaks all around at 24K seems like poor quality. The car is babied and goes on country drives for the most part. I work from home so a trip to the store 2/wk. Now my wheel bearing is making noise with just 24K.

Engine Fire
By Beth K on 07/03/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I will never own another Mercedes. My 2006 C230 caught fire. As it turned out it was still under warranty as I had purchased the 5 yr/100,000 mile extra. I had it towed to Hoehn Mercedes Carlsbad. Adding insult to injury I was told it was their opinion the car caught fire because I ran over a cigarette butt so the warranty was void. I contacted Mercedes directly. They were equally as insulting and unconcerned. They told me it could take months to ever really figure out what started the fire and in the meantime the warranty was void. Needing to move on with my life, I filed an insurance claim. They intend to get to the bottom of this. This experience has been most disappointing.

ILovaMyBenzs
By JoshsBenz10 on 03/29/10 17:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car for myself on my 21st birthday. I traded in a 2004 SLK320 that I loved!It's a beautiful looking car of course just like all the other Mercedes. Anyhow the car had just under 30k when I bought it and now has almost 40k. No problems at all.Tires stink and need to be changed to something better. Xenon headlights I think should be standard in a MB. Maintenance costs is of course expensive but your not driving a Honda after all. I love the ride and tight feel of the car overall. I feel safe and secure.Mine is black on black with limo tint so its pretty sexy. Rims are really nice too. Rain sensing wipers are very annoying but otherwise great car.Benz all the way. Buy one you'll love it!!!

Nice
By Don on 03/03/10 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I can't say enough good things about the car. It gets very good gas mileage (31 MPG on highway with 6 speed manual trans), its comfortable, looks good and handles well. People come up often and say "what a great looking car you've got." I've added the iPod interface which is VERY nice (MB was the first auto mfg to integrate this feature). Your iPod sits in the glove box and you control it from the steering wheel. I also purchased Winter tires that make winter driving much easier to deal with.

Decent Vehicle
By Justin on 01/23/10 15:54 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle when my 2000 E320 got totaled out by a drunk driver. I purchased the vehicle with 44k miles on it and have not had to do much but the required maintenance. There are a few things that have broken in the interior (door pulls broke, glove box broke). Minor things, but things I am not used to. All in all, i enjoy the car. It's fun to drive and I still driving an MB. The key is regular maintenance. I look forward to having this car for a few more years.

Wonderful
By Paul on 11/01/09 08:52 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Am giving all "10" review based on price versus features and performance. Fun and agile car to drive with lots of luxury. Smooth 7sp tranny and engine is fine. The tranny always finds right gear and love the comfort mode and sport mode. Get 30 mpg on road...great sports sedan. First MB, not my last

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.