The Best Used Car You Can Purchase
By everettbarnes on
2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)
Bought this car used for 13.5K in 2010 with 60K miles. Surprisingly at this price point in 2010 other cars of different brands did not come equipped with side airbags (Chevy, Ford, etc.) excluding BMW which was more expensive and Asian cars which I wouldnt touch for fear of build quality. Even though this car is the entry level model of Mercedes build quality is unreal. When you shut the doors you feel like you are in a concert hall. Very good audio, hardly any rattles, incredibly solid and heavy door feel and overall what you expect from true German engineering. Next comes the drive.. Oh My Gosh. The supercharger kicks in at very low RPMs and the steering is tight and precise.
Favorite Features
Incredibly smooth ride due to long wheelbase. Accurate and smooth transmission. Steering wheel controls. Safe feeling while driving.
Suggested Improvements
If you purchase this car BE PREPARED to spend 1000's at the Benz dealership or take the time consuming but far less expensive route of home maintentance. Owning this car for 40,000 miles I have had to replace the alternator, and change all the fluids routinely as well as constant brake wear maintenance. Just yesterday the tensioner pulley broke which is common at 90K-100K miles which is sad but I still love this car. After 4 hours and 200 dollars the car will be good as new and will run strongly for another 10,000 miles until some other finicky thing breaks. Oh well like I said the more repairs the more I love this car. :)