Best sport sedan on the market!
By Hal on
2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)
I drove the BMW 3 series, Acura TL, Lexus IS300, Volvo S60 but none compare to the 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. I really thought I wanted a BMW, but the dealer was awful and the car was plain with no options. The Mercedes dealer was WONDERFUL and the 2005 C-class is beautiful and feels much more expensive than it is (vs the BMW that feels cheap). My wife immediately said "this is the one" when we went on the test drive. The console lid was broken on delivery but the dealer offered to come to my house the next day to fix it. I'll be a Mercedes driver for life!
Favorite Features
Torque of the supercharged engine is great. The 5 speed automatic is very smooth and holds gears on it's own when you're being agressive, or you can do the manumatic thing. So smooth and quiet at 80 on the hwy. Great stereo, and the trip computer is outstanding. Impressive gas mileage too!
Suggested Improvements
Larger trunk opening; the trunk is large enough but the opening is small. I can't fit my son's stroller through the opening. Offer an iPod interface for the radio. Beware the rain sensing wipers - you can't control the intermittent rate and sometimes they just wipe like crazy!