2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Best sedan under $40,000

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C230 Kompressor Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

Best sedan under $40,000
By Former Mini Cooper S on

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is my 4th Mercedes Benz and I think my favorite. It replaced a Mini Cooper S that while fun to drive, spent more time in the dealer's garage than in mine. The MB is just as fun to drive and gives the same fuel economy - with all the benefits of the three point star:(safety, solid chassis and cashe). My wife's already talking of trading her suv in for another C230 Sport Sedan. I even think the price is within reason for the features that come with the car. Look for 2005 models still on the lot - my dealer discounted over $3,000 to move the car. Can't beat that!

Exterior style, interior style and intelligent layout of controls. This car was designed by car people - not just engineers that think they know "how it should work."

I just can't get over not having a dip stick. Call me old fashioned, but I want to look at the oil's condition rather than rely on a computer to estimate when it needs changing.